IGNORED

The Book of Enoch

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Jude1:3 said:

The Book of Enoch Existed Before Christianity in 2nd Temple Judaism and fragments were found with The Dead Sea Scrolls:

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/scrolls/scr3.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

The Pre Christian Essenes used The book of Enoch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essenes

You need to understand that the book of Enoch, like other ancient documents was not necessarily written all at once or at one sitting.  They are often written in sections and over a period of time and pieced together later.   It is likely that portions of the book of Enoch were written prior to the first century and other portions came later after the birth of Christianity, which would explain why it contains information that is similar to the NT.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, shiloh357 said:

other portions came later after the birth of Christianity, which would explain why it contains information that is similar to the NT.

. It was written before Christianity even existed. Early Christians used The Book of Enoch as Scripture and still do to this day in The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church as apart of their official Canon of scripture. It is an ancient Christian Church.

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

. It was written before Christianity even existed. Early Christians used The Book of Enoch as Scripture and still do to this day in The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church as apart of their official Canon of scripture. It is an ancient Christian Church.

It may have existed in some form before Christianity started, but likely not all of the book is pre-Christian.   I don't find that any early Christians used it "as Scripture."   They may have quoted from it, but that does mean they used it as Scripture.   And any who did, were wrong for doing so, as the book of Enoch is not divine in origin and was not inspired by God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

7 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

Thank God He sent Jesus to correct errors and the Holy Spirit to teach us in truth.  There is a reason why they are no longer thought of as cannon.  We have been shown its errors.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It may have existed in some form before Christianity started, but likely not all of the book is pre-Christian.   I don't find that any early Christians used it "as Scripture."   They may have quoted from it, but that does mean they used it as Scripture.   And any who did, were wrong for doing so, as the book of Enoch is not divine in origin and was not inspired by God.

That's not true at all:

I am aware that the Scripture of Enoch, which has assigned this order of action to angels, is not received by some, because it is not admitted into the Jewish canon either.

Tertulian -On the Apparel of Women I 3:1

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Thank God He sent Jesus to correct errors and the Holy Spirit to teach us in truth.  There is a reason why they are no longer thought of as cannon.  We have been shown its errors.

The Holy Spirit is trying to show people that it is Legit Scripture and The Ethiopian Orthodox Church was faithful enough to keep it as Holy Scripture.

1 minute ago, Jude1:3 said:

The Holy Spirit is trying to show people that it is Legit Scripture and The Ethiopian Orthodox Church was faithful enough to keep it as Holy Scripture.

No, He is not.  Man is trying to justify their chosen canon by accepting many of the discarded book.  Ever wonder why the scripture speaks so much about about false teaching and how people will fall greatly in the last days?  It is because they accept non-scriptural literature as the truth, being led astray. 

The first chapter of the book of 1 Enoch reveals why it was hid away for so long :

The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.  And he took up his parable and said--Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

• 1 Enoch 1:1-2

Edited by Jude1:3

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

No, He is not.  Man is trying to justify their chosen canon by accepting many of the discarded book.  Ever wonder why the scripture speaks so much about about false teaching and how people will fall greatly in the last days?  It is because they accept non-scriptural literature as the truth, being led astray. 

Yes He is.

What in 1 Enoch would lead people astray ?

2 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

The first chapter of the book of 1 Enoch reveals why it was hid away for so long :

The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.  And he took up his parable and said--Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

• 1 Enoch 1:1-3

Strange you would use this as as justification.  Danial 12:9 says the same and the book of Daniel was never removed.

And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.