• Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, JohnD said:

Only saved believers will attend.

Will it be pleasant?

Will it be devastating?

We will be judged for what we did do and what we did not do.

Does anyone of us believe we have even come close to living up

to our fullest dedication to Christ?

Or even our potential?

I know I haven't done everything I can do. I'm still no where near 100% of my potential. I'm pretty sure I have improved, especially in the last 6 yrs. Our society makes it harder than should have to be. But that's not a legitimate excuse to not do all we can, but it's a fact. It means we have to try even harder.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Yes, believers in Christ will experience the Bema Seat Judgment/Judgement Seat of Christ. Everything that we have done while in our bodies on earth will be judged. It is not a salvation issue because those going through this judgement are already saved. Some will get a lot of rewards and some will not get any rewards at all but they will be in heaven. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15, 2 Corinthians 5:10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I Corinthians 3:5-17

Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.  For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,  each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.  If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.  If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.  Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

The first passage explains what will happen in the second passage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Consequent upon our transition to heaven every Christian will appear before this Judgment Seat of Christ. (2 Cor. 5: 8 - 10, Rom. 14: 10 - 12) From the Greek word `Bema` this has no connotation of a judicial bench to dispense condemnation; but rather the official tribunal in the Greek Games where successful competitors assembled to receive their just reward.

This examination by the Lord Jesus Christ before the Heavenly Bema is evidently to review and make manifest to all the primary incentive which motivated every believer`s service and life, subsequent to their conversion. Commensurate rewards or loss of same will be determined by the criteria as to what was accomplished for God under the anointing and guidance of the Holy Spirit, or whether the underlying motive was solely for the self-grandizement of the individual.

The former will inherit indestructible worth liken to gold, silver and precious stones; while the latter`s efforts will be consumed by the penetrating fire of the Lord, as would wood, hay and stubble. (1 Cor. 3: 9 - 15)

Crowns (Gk `Stephanos,` Victor`s crowns) will also be bestowed as additional rewards for specific ministry -

1. Righteousness. specifically anticipating His appearing. (2 Tim. 4: 8)

2. Rejoicing. Soulwinners & discipling. (1 Thess. 2: 19)

3. Life. Enduring trials. (James 1: 12)

4. Glory. Dedicated life in service to the Lord. (1 Peter 5: 4)

5. Incorruptible. overcomers. (1 Cor. 9: 25)   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

The 2Cor 5:10 judgment is "future to Paul's day" - from the language in the text. So also in Romans 2:13-16 that same future judgment is identified. It includes the believers.

2 Cor 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Romans 2

13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Rev 14:7 predicts a time when that judgment will have started and the announcement is made to those who dwell on earth - as part of the "Everlasting Gospel" -- so the NT predicts that people on earth will get this message about the judgment hour having already started.

saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

Dan 7 talks about that judgment saying that the "Judgment is passed in favor of the saints"

21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

The annual holy days of Lev 23 has one of the Holy Days (Day of Atonement) that is acknowledged by Jewish scholars to be a "type" - a symbol pointing to -- the future day of Judgment when all lives come up for review before God. Just as Passover pointed to Christ's crucifixion (crucified on Passover) as 1 Cor 5 points out "Christ our Passover has been slain". And just as feast of first fruits in that same Lev 23 chapter - points to Christ's resurrection (Christ was resurrected on feast of first fruits - Sunday) as 1 Cor 15 "Christ the first fruits of the dead).

The spring feasts of Lev 23 pointed to events specific to Christ's first coming. And this holds true also for "feast of weeks" - "Feast of Pentecost" in Lev 23 - pointing to the exact time of the Pentecost outpouring of the Holy Spirit (third person of the Godhead)

Edited by BobRyan