• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

May I suggest that be still does not mean sit on hands and do nothing. It means  do not be troubled, be as the still waters, for God leads us beside them  in the midst of immense danger and turmoil.

Why not attempt a personal visualization of the Psalmist's song of praise known  as the 23rd psalm within non RCC bibles and the 22nd Psalm in RCC Bibles. See the shadows of death hidden in the mountains above the valley see the tall grasses that hid us from the wolves and know there is a banquet of satisfaction for us  provided by God. And look at what God has said in the past, to Moses he said,   “Why do you cry to meTell the people of Israel to go forward. Lift up your staffand stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it,that the people of Israel may go through the sea on dry ground.

We are not to sit around waiting for God to come up with something to do. We all ready have our instructions- go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus. So that many will be able to be presented as mature in the Lord.

And yes we will get hit  and hit again for doing so. None th eless go about our business the Lord's business in all that we do do it to His Glory. Sitting is not glorious. Unless we are basking in the sunshine enjoying the banquet in that valley  getting rest  in order to  continue our juorney. In which case we should not be in despair but instead in praise of Holy  God

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

What do you when everything you were accustomed to is slowing disappearing or ending badly? You ask God what are my next steps but you receive silence. 

Thoughts come in: Did God stop with me? Am I unfixable? Did I cause everything I know to vanish?

Feeling lost and abandoned. Stuck in an unknown state.

Any ideas?

Anyone else ever felt this way? 

Hi. I do not know if I can help. But I will tell you the short version of my story. A few short years ago, I lost or was losing everything. Even my family. Which I always said when things got down I will tell myself "well at less we have our family together." Then even that was taken from me. Well to make a long story short and I don't want to go into personal details has to why and what happen. But since everything was being taken away from me, I came to the realization that no matter what they do to me, no matter what they take from me; they can never take Jesus from me. When I wasn't crying or fuming with anger over what was happening with me and my family; I cried out to God. My life and situation  seems totally hopeless. I truly felt there was no way out. All the power was on the side that was attacking me. But I had God. I kept crying out to God. Nothing was getting better but still I cry out to him. When at times I could not find the words to pray I would just cry out the name of Jesus over and over. I read the Psalms 23  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. and  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. When I was afraid and could not find the words to pray. I would repeat those two verses over and over again.  At times I felt as though God must be punishing me. But I kept crying out to him. I can not put into words how hopeless I felt at that time in my life.   But God did not leave me. He spoke to me through scripture. Bible verses that I never read before I just open my Bible and there it was. A Bible verse that fit what I was feeling or going through at the time. This ordeal went on for nearly 2 years.  There is more to tell but it is rather personal and would take too long. But in the end, God was faithful to me. My life got better. What he told me he would do he did. He still  is faithful, as my battles are never over.  I still ask God why. Why did all this happen to me? Maybe it was to give me the wisdom to help someone else? Maybe it was because we live in an evil world where humans do evil things to each other?  God has not given me the reason as to why yet. All I know is you have to keep crying out to God. Find a Bible verse and make it your own. Like I did with Psalms 23. When You can't find the words to pray just say that verse over and over as your prayer. And know that God will not leave you! No matter how bad it is no matter what your own mind is trying to tell you. No matter how dark it goes. No matter what you feel inside. God does not leave us. And I know it can feel that way at times. I have felt the pain of that. But no matter what. God does not abandoned us to this world. Okay I hope that was of some help to you. I will leave you with this verse from   Romans 8:28  28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.    

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ok I see many with similar probs etc; it would seem to me to ask " have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed !?"...(acts 2v4;acts 2v38...mark 16v16+)

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth........(new test commandment) 

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.........................(so according to the truth)...

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

so if you have this then Im not sure what your being told but..........though the rain (good and bad) falls on the righteous and unrighteous , yet with ALL things God will make a way of escape !! you will have tribulations but..through Christ Jesus by (the Spirit)..1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it..........(according to his will..must know what his will is and be built up praying in the spirit(Jude)to see the door of opportunity..

please do not try this at home....without the Holy Ghost..(see above)...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

19 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

What do you when everything you were accustomed to is slowing disappearing or ending badly? You ask God what are my next steps but you receive silence. 

Thoughts come in: Did God stop with me? Am I unfixable? Did I cause everything I know to vanish?

Any ideas?

I have been in the valley as well, so I can relate to what you are saying.  Job and many of the Psalms were somewhat of a comfort and reminder to me that I was not the only one to go through this.  So you are not alone, I think at times we have all had our moments in the valley.  It may seem like you've been abandoned, but you have not, He is still there.  It could be that at those times we are not doing His will, and He is waiting on us to get back in line.  I know for me personally, getting baptized changed all of that, and I have not experienced those things since.  For others I know, it helped them to re-dedicate themselves to God.  In most instances, I think we just lose our own way, and God is trying to get our attention.

God bless

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Any ideas?

Unless you want to feel worse I'd suggest not looking toward Job.  He lost it all because God made a bet with the Devil. 

I don't think a message forum is going to be able to reach you as personally as someone you actually know and trust can. Do you have a pastor ? Or a spiritual adviser you trust? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Do you have a pastor ? Or a spiritual adviser you trust? 

Unfortunately no. I have spoken with two different pastors and they've just quoted scripture (referred to JOB). Then if I have addition questions they had no response or disappeared. As if my questioning was trying to omit their beliefs. Meanwhile I was a new born in this venture of faith looking for understanding. Same as my friends "new" come to me for some understanding. 

So the point of my OP wasn't only seeking for myself, but also having friends who look to me, I would like input, advice or experiences that help me understand my lesson as well as lead me to a way I can reach my friends in a relatable fashion to their lesson. I do not want to be the blind leading the blind. However my friends feel comfortable coming to me with their being lost and I want to verify that my struggles and solutions are true and not a possible misunderstanding of JOB's story. So I was asking for people's experience because as Judas stated:

17 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Keep reading what people share. You never know when the Holy Spirit will hit you with that holy 2x4. 

Sometimes messages are delivered through individual experiences and explanations and this can lead me to understanding and better explaining to others.

I am always grateful for Christians sharing testimonies. It all helps to free my mind, open myself to different views and allows The Holy Spirit to speak to me how it knows I need it or understand it.

I thank you all for sharing. I appreciate you all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

While we know that God never changes, our feelings and even our circumstances will.  When I am lost, or God seems silent, I am reminded of the passage where it says David encouraged himself in the Lord.