• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

39 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Paul is referring to the the encounter on the Damascus road.

Please prove this in scripture.

40 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

That passage isn't having Paul say he met Jesus face to face as did the others who not only walked with Christ when he was alive before the crucifixion, but who saw him when he came to them afterward during his 40 days .

Why isn't it saying that? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, firestormx said:

Please prove this in scripture.

If you know The Acts of the Apostles and the three accounts of Saul's encounter on the road to Damascus you'll read the scripture and know that scripture. Nowhere in the new testament does Paul state he met Christ face to face. Saul met a brilliant light on Damascus road. A light he first addressed as lord. He did not meet Christ face to face.

Why isn't it saying that? 

It is saying that. Acts and Saul's encounter on Damascus road was after Jesus ascended to the right hand of the father. After Jesus walked the earth 40 days. That was the first encounter Saul had with the light that he called lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member

8 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

If you know The Acts of the Apostles and the three accounts of Saul's encounter on the road to Damascus you'll read the scripture and know that scripture. Nowhere in the new testament does Paul state he met Christ face to face. Saul met a brilliant light on Damascus road. A light he first addressed as lord. He did not meet Christ face to face.

It is saying that. Acts and Saul's encounter on Damascus road was after Jesus ascended to the right hand of the father. After Jesus walked the earth 40 days. That was the first encounter Saul had with the light that he called lord.

How did Jesus reveal himself to the 12 that Paul is referencing in these verses? This is important to context. The list Paul gives is important to context. Why? Because when Jesus revealed himself to everyone else on this list he did so to prove without a doubt he was alive. Not just a spirit, not a vision but a flesh and bone body. He told the 12 to handle him to see if he was flesh or not. I disagree with the thought that Paul didn't see Jesus face to face. That was kinda the point of Jesus showing himself to people. To show he was alive.

50 minutes ago, firestormx said:

How did Jesus reveal himself to the 12 that Paul is referencing in these verses? This is important to context. The list Paul gives is important to context. Why? Because when Jesus revealed himself to everyone else on this list he did so to prove without a doubt he was alive. Not just a spirit, not a vision but a flesh and bone body. He told the 12 to handle him to see if he was flesh or not. I disagree with the thought that Paul didn't see Jesus face to face. That was kinda the point of Jesus showing himself to people. To show he was alive.

And yet Jesus didn't show himself in his resurrected body to Saul of Tarsus.

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

THE Lord JESUS CHRIST in HIS glory came to Saul & spoke to him, as scripture testifies. Obviously we read in scripture that Saul saw a brilliant LIGHT and fell to the ground & was struck blind.  Is this not face to face enough for you or would you prefer that the Lord Jesus should have cooked Saul some fish and that would have proven that it was truly the Lord Jesus Christ meeting with Saul/Paul? As a born again Christian I accept the scripture to be what it says it is.  Perhaps you prefer "person to person" rather then "face to face"  though I think it was His glorified FACE/Being that Paul saw which caused him to fall to the ground)  So what is your real issue here?  In your opinion are you are hinting at the bogus claim that Paul was lying, or mistaken, or that scripture is false? All Scripture is given by GOD as the Bible states , so at the crux of it is not just a rejection of Paul's authority but it is attack against the Word of God when you reject that 2 Timothy 3:16 "all scripture is God-breathed".  Also challenging that it was a true account of the person to person visitation of the Lord CHRIST JESUS & the Lord Christ's purposes to send the Gospel to the gentiles etc...through Apostle Paul's evangelistic ministry. An attack Paul's authority is an attack upon the Lord Jesus Christ who appointed Paul.

In my experience with dissenters to Paul, the only reason for the attack on Paul's credibility and authority as an Apostle is because of not liking what these NT scriptures preach- that is from my past experience with the nay-sayers who usually come from apostate churches that preach heretical doctrines. I used to belong to one myself, but the Lord saved me out of it, and nudged me out of there as I could not continue to hear teachings that were contrary to the Bible preached. They were discordant chords to my spiritual ears.

You should have worried about your unspiritual remarks as appearing to those who read them. As well as false witness attacks against those having a discussion you were not part of.  Everything, EVERYTHING, since you appear to need to scream in order to have discourse with those you judge, is your own imaginings. EVERYTHING THAT YOU WROTE!
You should consider how you arrived at those thoughts inside yourself. Because we were not in discussion with you and yet you launched with attacks and innuendos that were never part of the discussion I was having with that other member. LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF FOR WHY YOU'RE SO TICKED OFF AT ME!

You've replied, ranted(?) at least twice in the time it has taken me to respond to this. Good luck with whatever ails.  As I said to someone else who was hostile as you are, I did not join this forum to engage with aggressive characters who appear to thrive on baiting a fight. That's not a Godly heart. And I will not rise to its invitation.

Firestormx,

It was good having this discussion/debate in apologetics of Paul's epistles with you. Unfortunately, someone who mocks Christ, asking if he should have cooked fish, etc.... and aggressive nature has interfered. If you'd like to continue in private messaging please feel free. As you can read, the discordian spirit is quite determined. And I as a child of the most high God shall not be distracted by nor a party to that. God be with you. :) 

3 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

And yet Jesus didn't show himself in his resurrected body to Saul of Tarsus.

The scripture I quoted from 1 Corinthians says otherwise.

3 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Firestormx,

It was good having this discussion/debate in apologetics of Paul's epistles with you. Unfortunately, someone who mocks Christ, asking if he should have cooked fish, etc.... and aggressive nature has interfered. If you'd like to continue in private messaging please feel free. As you can read, the discordian spirit is quite determined. And I as a child of the most high God shall not be distracted by nor a party to that. God be with you. :) 

I think I just read this differently than you. But I have no desire to get into the middle of a dispute. I have said my peace and I believe you have said yours. So God Bless you and may you always be kept at perfect peace by the Lord Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

We already have another Paul-bashing thread, already in progress. . . 

You don't know whether Paul saw Jesus Himself on the Damascus Road or simply heard his voice.  You do not have enough information to make the call one way or another.  Interpolation on the text. 

Please don't slander Christians here with false allegations and deplorable unfounded charges. Thank you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Lord did appear to Saul as he was nearing Damascus:  

Acts 9:17  And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him(Saul) said, "BROTHER SAUL, THE LORD, EVEN JESUS, THAT APPEARED TO YOU" in the way as you came, has sent me, that you might receive your sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 9:27  But Barnabas took him,(Saul) and brought him to the apostles, and declared to them how "HE(SAUL) HAD SEEN THE LORD IN THE WAY," and that He(Jesus) had spoken to him,(Saul) and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.     

That's so awesome!  :D