• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/17/2017 at 9:53 AM, Justin Adams said:

For so long I have battled the Pagan 'easter' stuff. It is clear in my mind, but making it clear for others is not so easy.

Battling the pagan stuff is a very long lifetime battle - every day.    People are raised immersed in pagan thinking, pagan society, pernicious society (death dealing society),  and don't like to think their way of life could be so wrong - that so many people all the time could continue to be so totally wrong and evil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

17 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Battling the pagan stuff is a very long lifetime battle - every day.    People are raised immersed in pagan thinking, pagan society, pernicious society (death dealing society),  and don't like to think their way of life could be so wrong - that so many people all the time could continue to be so totally wrong and evil.

Yes. It comes from the leaven of the pharisees.

Experiential Life of True Believers - True Life

- Results of YHWH'S Dwelling with men:

Searching > Simple Believers Sharing Life <

http://www.followersofjesus.cc/doing_life_together.htm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

has so blinded the believers that they do NOT see that ignoring Yahweh's Law and His Sabbaths is the main reason there is LEAVEN present and no power in the assemblies.

Sorry, I do not agree.

How is not being able to guess the exact time of His resurrection to go against His commandments?!

How is not keeping the Sabbath to go against His commandments?!

"For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." - John 1:17

We do not see as much power in assemblies today because of lack of faith, people are discouraged to seek, as some of them are more worried if the brother is circumcised, has a nice looking bible, or if is keeping the Sabbath.

That is why we are not seeing much power in assemblies, lack of love, lack of faith.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." - Galatians 5:6

Today we see people who are more worried in tradition than in power, that is why we are not seeing power anymore.

Go and see, there are so many people enslaved by medicaments, stuck in vices, with diabetes and other diseases, but go and count how many of them is seeking to be healed?!

The answer will shock you as not many people are seeking. They do not believe, and they do not even try.

"I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" - Luke 18:8

No matter how you preach, no matter how many times you tell them: "Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”" - Mark 9:23

And what worries me is as they are not encouraged to seek, they may not be seeking for love and to desire a clean heart.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" - Luke 11:13

And they may start pretending to be clean, when in reality they are not.

"Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also." - Matthew 23:26

Now, I'd more worried if people are loving one another as the Lord Jesus instructed us to. Which is something impossible for us to do without Him in us.

"And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”" - 1 Peter 4:8

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You are correct. but so many on here are so far off track that I think the whole RCC sunday, SUN-day and the travesty of the good-friday stuff has so blinded the believers that they do NOT see that ignoring Yahweh's Law and His Sabbaths is the main reason there is LEAVEN present and no power in the assemblies.

LEAVEN = I did it MY WAY.

Sorry about that, I misunderstood what you were saying (clearly :) ).

I agree with everything you said. It's nice to see this out in the public.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, I do not agree.

How is not being able to guess the exact time of His resurrection to go against His commandments?!

"For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." - John 1:17

I think he meant that people are following doctrines of men or their church without checking them against scripture and this is why they think Jesus died on a Friday.

I also agree with a lot of what you said. But the Sabbath is Saturday and always has been, because Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins (sin is breaking the Law btw) doesn't mean now that we have no consequences we should purposely break the very Laws he died for.

The Law has never been for salvation, not even before Jesus. Only some of the Jews (and some of the church) taught that it was. But it does show us what sin is, and sin is still sin. Jesus did not change the definition.

Like you said, love is very important. Jesus said if we love him we will keep his commandments.

btw, please don't think I'm trying to talk down to you or act like you have to keep the whole Law or your not a Christian, that's not what I'm saying at all and I'm sure we agree on more than we disagree.

Edited by jrd
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, I do not agree.

I understand why you do  not agree. You have been fed the RCC doctrine all your life I guess. Not guessing about His resurrection either. However, failing to observe the perpetual Sabbath and the spirit of the law can become a stumbling block.

Even those that hold to some reformist ideas do not really see the disinformation shining thru that thin veil of supposed good doctrine. To really understand it all, the Feast Days must be studied and then the real eschatology of Yahweh can be seen. He told us all for some very good reasons.

The romans changed the times and season to suit their own pagan roots. And so it is today and nobody turns a hair or bats and eyelid. They do not realize they perpetuate something that is wrong. Something planted by modern Pharisees.

Yeshua did NOT say the Law and the Observances were to be done away with. Neither did he abolish His Sabbath.

Do a text search and see what Yahweh really thinks about His Sabbath.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

12 minutes ago, jrd said:

Like you said, love is very important. Jesus said if we love him we will keep his commandments.

The commandments He talked about was His words, which are truth... He is not talking about the commandments given through Moses.

"But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." - Matthew 7:26-27

I am just warning people to receive and embrace the Holy Spirit.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

However, failing to observe the perpetual Sabbath and the spirit of the law can become a stumbling block.

Living for the flesh, to despise His words and teachings, and to despise prophecies, that is a stumbling block.

"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." - Romans 14:5

"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ." - Colossians 2:16-17

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Living for the flesh

tch tch.......   2 choices:  TRUTH,  or flesh....    YHWH'S WORD,  or man's word.....  TORAH,  or lawlessness. (look up lawlessness...   those who are lawless never see heaven)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ." - Colossians 2:16-17

He was talking to them of the locals that were giving the new Col Christians a hard time. He actually Encouraged them to keep the Torah portions that were important. Another mis-quoted verse.