• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

11 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Ricky

You know, we need to trust our Lord in everything.  He has given us His Life.  This means that we believe, trust, pray, read His Word, follow His commandments, praise Him, worship Him in everything we turn our hands to.  If things do not turn out the way we want them to, then we re-do the above and on, ad infinitum.  We don't let disappointments get us down, but continue to do all we can, because now, and in Heaven, awaits our Great Redeemer, our Great Treasure, our Pearl of great price, and "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Rom. 8:18.  I never question my faith.  In my nearly 40 year journey with the Lord, He has never let me down.  My husband and I both need serious physical healing.  Though I continue to thank Him for it, it is yet to be made manifest.  It doesn't matter to me.  My faith does not depend on what He could do, but what he has done!  Thank Him for all the blessings you do have - the best one being that He has saved you!  I don't mean to say we don't all have trials and tribulations, but that He holds our hands through it all and will be with us, even unto the end of the age.  Blessings, brother.

11 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Sorry Ricky, re-read your OP and realised it was directed to those who believe in WOF and prosperity doctrine.  My bad.  Forgive me bro.  Thanks.

You are forgiven, it was actually a very good post. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/4/2017 at 1:49 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Behold,

Now what if Stephen went to your `sowing and reaping` `seminar/preaching. How would he feel as the stones came crashing down upon his head?

There is a balance in all of this and it is `We are the Lord`s and His plan is to make us like Christ. Full stop.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn, 

Stephen is not your example to follow.

Paul is your example, as he said..."follow me as i follow Christ", and its Paul who teaches the concepts of "riches in Glory" and "cheerful giving"  that provide us back (10-100 fold) to meet  our needs.

Everything you own is God's, so, using it to help is "lending to the Lord"...according to God.....but even moreso is the fact that money is a seed-tool that generates more money when its used according to God's principals of "giving".

I didn't create this fact about God or about Money.......I just understand it and follow the rules and dont dispute them.

Also, im only on one thread here explaining the simple fact that God said that "poverty is the destruction of the poor", and never did he say that stones crashing or sickness attacking is what He means by "taking up your Cross".

There are people who actually believe that to be poor is to be "spiritual", ......YET by being poor, their children suffer, and their entire lives are crushed with the stress that comes from never having enough MONEY to just live life that is anything but full time suffering.

Here is something to consider........The idea of "abba"...of "Father"......comes from GOD....And when He tells you that if you dont PROVIDE for your family, (food, shelter, money, help) then you are "worse then an infidel" (unbeliever)......and that is "God's perspective......So, if Father God is telling us to PROVIDE, then He is smart enough to realize that the center of  earthly provision, the fulcrum of needful support  is MONEY, and without it you cant provide for your family or yourself..... And this gets back to the idea of God as FATHER.......as what LOVING FATHER would want their children to be broke, hungry, sick, and, suffering?... As God the FATHER would never want this for His children. (us).

Jesus didn't go back to Heaven as a "suffering servant".......and when He comes again He will be "sitting on a Throne".....So, does that sound like "poverty Jesus"?..........Not quite.....So, that is JESUS NOW..He's KING JESUS, and "every knee shall bow' to this KING, and you are a "joint HEIR" of this KING....and the NT says..."as Jesus IS (right NOW) so are we in this WORLD)......and how is he right now Marilyn?....Hes a KING !!.....so....that's something to consider  isn't it?

What i do.....is just  use common sense along with my New Testament.  And common sense is wisdom.....And Wisdom dictates that in earthly life, "money matters", and if  a person (Christian or otherwise) thinks that it does not then this person is not using good common sense.

One more thing......if a person has issues with money, then the person is the problem, not the money.

blessings,

B

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Stephen was heads and tails ahead of all the teachers and preachers and so forth today - 

Stephen by YHWH'S Grace a good example to follow just as Paul and the Apostles also were to this day.

They were immersed in Yeshua's Life,  in His Name, and did His Will daily,  faithfully, as YHWH says.

Finding an even barely faithful leader or teacher or preacher today , living the life of Jesus,  training any disciples,  is rare.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/30/2017 at 11:31 AM, ricky said:

I have a question for those who espouse the "word of faith" movement aka the "Prosperty gospel". What happens when the financial blessings don't come, or the healing you have been believing in isn't there? How does that affect your faith in the sufficiency of Christ? Do you ever question your faith as a whole?

How many that are responding here meet the criteria described in the OP? Members of the Word of Faith movement. Or Prosperity Gospel? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:
On 5/30/2017 at 11:31 AM, ricky said:

I have a question for those who espouse the "word of faith" movement aka the "Prosperty gospel". What happens when the financial blessings don't come, or the healing you have been believing in isn't there? How does that affect your faith in the sufficiency of Christ? Do you ever question your faith as a whole?

How many that are responding here meet the criteria described in the OP? Members of the Word of Faith movement. Or Prosperity Gospel? 

Some were, some were not.  Since you replied, which are you?  I was for a very short time.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I think mane one or two. I was attending a church was kind of on the edge of the Word of Faith movement, they aren't full blown WoFers but would quote people like John Hagee or Joyce Mire crime time to time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, Behold said:

Marilyn, 

Stephen is not your example to follow.

Paul is your example, as he said..."follow me as i follow Christ", and its Paul who teaches the concepts of "riches in Glory" and "cheerful giving"  that provide us back (10-100 fold) to meet  our needs.

Everything you own is God's, so, using it to help is "lending to the Lord"...according to God.....but even moreso is the fact that money is a seed-tool that generates more money when its used according to God's principals of "giving".

I

blessings,

B

Hi Blessings,

As to Paul being our example -

`....in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one, three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fasting often, in cold and nakedness -`(2 Cor. 11: 23 - 27)

Mmmmm.....

Marilyn.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Blessings,

As to Paul being our example -

`....in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one, three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fasting often, in cold and nakedness -`(2 Cor. 11: 23 - 27)

Mmmmm.....

Marilyn.

mmmmmmm, what?

I've  prayed for the lost in the middle east where i live at times..... Ive personally dealt with sinners in Russia, Germany, Taiwan, France, and other foreign countries.

I've been to seminary and have been personally trained for years by one of the most renown bible scholars who ever existed.

My church supports 200 worldwide missionaries , full time, so that they can do the job full time, without having to worry about a paycheck, and wasting time this way.

My church has hatched more then 1500 pastors, and currently there are 500 churches that are thriving that have pastors that came from my church.

I've witnessed on the streets, ive worked in the ministry, behind the scenes and in front.., ive written 7 CDs worth of Music for the Lord and my music has been all over the world,  as well as worked as a Minister of Music, Ive discipled many, i've helped thousands and thousands of people online, both on Christian forums and on secular forums.

I've given away countless New Testaments where i personally went into each one and wrote notes and connected the dots for "newbies" so that they could use these bibles to find their way closer to God and to get grounded in sound doctrine.

I can list much more of my personal christian resume` for  you, but, i'll stop there.

My walk with the Lord speaks for itself, Marilyn.

regards,

B

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, OneLight said:

Some were, some were not.  Since you replied, which are you?  I was for a very short time.

I have never been WoF. I was asking because the OP was specific as to whom it appeared they were asking this question of. And with all the replies I was wondering if all those members are WoF. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

I have never been WoF. I was asking because the OP was specific as to whom it appeared they were asking this question of. And with all the replies I was wondering if all those members are WoF. 

Perhaps it was how your post was worded that I had the idea you were indicating that only those who had/do belong to either group could reply.  A simple read of the thread would indicate if a person claimed to be, or had been, of the Word of Faith movement, which is why I am puzzled by even having to ask.  Even if they are not, we do not restrict participation as long as there is not violations being made.