IGNORED

I Have a New Problem. Maybe someone has an idea?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That's interesting .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

For Some, Lasik Brings More Problems Than Solutions : NPR

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122360078 - Similar
Jan 11, 2010 ... Problems like dry eye, glare and double vision have impaired their ... Ten years later, she still suffers with severe dry eyes and blurry vision. ... Her large pupils make laser correction difficult, and she's prone to severe dry eye.

The new dangers of laser eye surgery | March 2016 (Vol. 26 Issue ...

https://www.wddty.com/.../the-new-dangers-of-laser-eye-surgery.html - Cached
Such is the positive spin on laser eye surgery—the supposed 'band-aid' procedure .... reports that, about a year later, she suffered buckled corneas in both eyes.

Risks and possible complications | LVCCC | Laser Vision Clinic ...

www.lvccc.com.au/laser-eye-surgery/risks-and-possible-complications/ - Cached
Like any other modern surgical procedure, laser eye surgery is not risk free. ... expect from laser eye surgery, you must be aware of LASIK eye surgery risks, .... In later life laser refractive surgery, as with any corneal surgery, can make the ...

A Hard Look at LASIK Surgery | The Dr. Oz Show

www.doctoroz.com/article/hard-look-lasik-surgery - Cached - Similar
Oct 3, 2013 ... LASIK surgery is an unnecessary procedure on a very necessary part of your body. ... It shows that even the most modern laser on the market left 1 out of every 5 patients ... The dry eye pain and other complications can be so severe that a few patients have .... What to Do Now to Dodge Dementia Later.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, JTC said:

I have severe cataracts and I need surgery. The problem is the surgical center is insisting I have someone accompany me there. They want the person to come in and wait. It's only supposed to be a 2 or 3 hr thing and then I leave. I can get Medicaid transportation there and back but that's no good. The Doc doesn't care it's the surgery center who wants someone with me. I have no family or friends that can come with me. I don't belong to a church bc I can't find 1. I've tried. Maybe there are organizations that have volunteers that will help? The Doc gave me the # of a woman who supposedly will go with me. I called and left a message she hasn't called back yet. Maybe she will on Monday. But I hate to think what she will charge. This is so unfair. I've been fighting depression all weekend bc of this. I'm 64 and a disabled Sr. Citizen. The woman I'm waiting to hear from calls herself the fairy godmother. If she asks for gas money and an extra $20 I can handle that. Any more and I have to beg to borrow money. The surgery isn't urgent but it's necessary bc the cataracts keep getting worse. Anyone have any ideas?

Praying with others JTC that it all work out for you one way or another if you go through with the surgery.

enoob has mentioned his fulfilling any deficit beyond the $20 should the ride work out with the woman.

I personally don't see you alone at the Worthy ministry site you've been at now for a few years. I suspect there are a number here who would truly be alone in their Christian walk if it were not for sites like this.

Not to mention for the Christian, God is always a prayer away! :)

Jeff, I don't think using a laser for cataract surgery is what  these stories  are speaking of.

Simply the very widespread and often though not always wrong for convenience or money or profit or whatever

activities the system influences everyone to that

often no alternatives,  no other opinions medically or naturally or in any way 

are considered even even when very very much has been accomplished for centuries past,  without modern practices and/ or  idiosyncrasies and there are a lot of (well, a few perhaps percentagewise) professionals available to help with less intrusive and a lot less expensive means,  with no negative side effects short term nor long term.... (have seen

a lot of eye troubles 6 to 20 years after surgery or laser or whatever,  even when it was good for a while;  i.e. people regretted it later) ....  

So check all things out as God permits......  be pleasantly surprised often that His Way is so gentle and healing and true...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm just going to a local eye doc. Am I making a mistake? I have to get this done. It should have been done over a year ago. I get depressed, and when I get very depressed I don't do anything about nothing. I'm a little better now and I'm trying to take care of problems like my teeth and my eyes. I also want to see a spinal doc to find out why I can barely walk. I've read nothing can be done for this but I want to see a doc anyway.

1 minute ago, JTC said:

I'm just going to a local eye doc. Am I making a mistake? I have to get this done. It should have been done over a year ago. I get depressed, and when I get very depressed I don't do anything about nothing. I'm a little better now and I'm trying to take care of problems like my teeth and my eyes. I also want to see a spinal doc to find out why I can barely walk. I've read nothing can be done for this but I want to see a doc anyway.

Not a mistake

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Simply the very widespread and often though not always wrong for convenience or money or profit or whatever

activities the system influences everyone to that

often no alternatives,  no other opinions medically or naturally or in any way 

are considered even even when very very much has been accomplished for centuries past,  without modern practices and/ or  idiosyncrasies and there are a lot of (well, a few perhaps percentagewise) professionals available to help with less intrusive and a lot less expensive means,  with no negative side effects short term nor long term.... (have seen

a lot of eye troubles 6 to 20 years after surgery or laser or whatever,  even when it was good for a while;  i.e. people regretted it later) ....  

So check all things out as God permits......  be pleasantly surprised often that His Way is so gentle and healing and true...

Yeah and back in those days before all this fancy stuff the average life expectancy was about 30 years less than it is now.   I think I'll stick with the fancy stuff.   Bet laser cataract surgery is much less traumatic on your eye that standard surgery.

Old story,  a rerun,  but still not good nor truth.   Not worth going into here (found out years ago) .... people have to find out for themselves outside of here.....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother

Patience dear Brother,patience.....did the woman call you yet....fairy godmothers usually don't ask for money but your fairy GOD BROTHER enoob said thats not a problem & just email me or Mike if there is anything else......Quite a few  of my friends just recently had the surgery,I took one friend & she came out just fine as most cataract surgery these days are done with a local topical anesthesia & maybe a sedative to relax......its a very simple procedure .unlike complex eye surgery

Are having one eye done or both? If its both then just prepare everything at home to be easily accessible for the next 2 or 2 days.....patience,its only a few days of inconvenience & possibly some discomfort...you will not have any pain    Trust God & call medicare to see where they can refer you to for assistance besides medical transport,assistance for maybe one or 2 days tops,a couple of hours                                Love,Kwik