• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/06/2017 at 8:48 PM, Deborah_ said:

As I understand it, it's very fuzzy indeed. Certain DNA sequences are more common in certain parts of the world, but it's only a matter of degree. Especially when you remember that "Germans" and "Spanish" are themselves descended from several different races back in the distant past. 

To know if a particular gene came from a particular person in your family, you'd have to test their DNA as well.

OK, thanks.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

They already ...argh, I'm laughing at myself while I start to type this, because this is really "tin hat" territory!! lol .... umm, but they already get the DNA of every baby born in a hospital and store it in a database.  It's quite easy to do. Nearly nothing is private anymore .... physically speaking.

When do you think they would have started this?  DNA is something of a more recent area it would seem, forensic science and the use of DNA came to notoriety in the 90's it would appear.  Just curious if there is anything in regards to this that would suggest a good grasp on DNA prior to the 80's.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

The LDS have been interested in genealogies for a long time.  I have an aunt and uncle who are LDS and they, along with another uncle who is retired military, have researched our family history extensively.  (German, Irish, Scottish, Russian ...and Blackfoot Indian)  Mostly, they are looking for bloodlines, DNA markers.  Keep in mind, the LDS are connected at the roots to freemasonry ... my family history goes back to those who began the Scottish Rite Freemasons and Knights Templars (supposedly) and those who believe they are of the "holy bloodline." (It is a bunch of junk!)    

Your Indian ancestry reminds me of our Northwest History teacher who also taught hygiene.  Both the Flathead and Blackfoot Indians lived in the area but she mixed them up and called the Blackhead and Flatfoot Indians.  :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

There has been a knowledge about DNA far longer than most people realize, being that genetic engineering and human cloning has been successfully conducted for over 70 years.  (If I need to move this type of info to a new thread, I understand.)     

It would be an interesting topic if you have some evidence of that.  I am not saying I doubt they were conducting research that far back either, just not sure they were so successful until more recent times is all. :)

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

Your Indian ancestry reminds me of our Northwest History teacher who also taught hygiene.  Both the Flathead and Blackfoot Indians lived in the area but she mixed them up and called the Blackhead and Flatfoot Indians.  :rofl:

:24:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

I've been wanting to do this. Much of the history on my father side has been hard to pin point. They all have black hair, dark skin with blue or light color eyes. So I know we are something. But no one knows what. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

20 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I wanted to do the Ancestry DNA testing but, being the skeptic I am who is not trusting at all, I won't because you don't know who will end up with your DNA in their database.

They could clone you and then there would be a punch of "Yous" running around all over the place ! :o

LOL! I'm only funning. :P

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Interesting AA,

thanks.

Welcome. Way too much scammy stuff out there to not look into how reliable it is. 

Guest Teditis

I'm not much of a scientific type either but I've heard that DNA cannot determine race.

It can show where the predominant grouping of your DNA-type is located geographically

but that doesn't mean that it shows the exact race that you come from. You can always have

genes from an ancestor that remains recessive and it wouldn't show up in one of these tests

that organizations are selling. But IDK...

34 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I could look for some "evidence" ... maybe.  But also, I've already written some on it in other threads.  I'll see if I can locate them.  They're probably in "Controversial" or "CT" section. lol

No problem sister,

Point me to them and I would be very interested in looking at what is there. :)

God bless