• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Flowerwater said:

Maybe it is funny to someone who is answering the question in a very bad way. I read the ToU. I read the statement of faith. As did others here who are new. It's what we do after all. 

It isn't hard to be here for a little while and notice there are a handful of one's who beg the question.  And seriously dude, AA's observation? You followed it one behind the other. Just like she said. I'm one of the newest here and I can't miss that after she pointed it out. I doubt anyone else who's been here far longer has either. Thousands of posts you each have, you and Cobalt? 
It's a strange pattern for two people who have been here for years to be repeating. 

This would mean a lot more if an hour or so ago you had not lied about me.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The “4th of July” is not a holiday. Any more than the “5th of July” is. They are dates on the calendar. The holiday we celebrate which falls on the 4th day of every July is America’s “Independence Day.” “Independence Day” is the holiday, yet over the years we’ve become conditioned to drop the name and instead refer to the date.

Is it small? Is it subtle? Yes on both counts. But is it petty? Absolutely not.

We live in a nation wherein our leadership just changed the Oath of Allegiance (legal) immigrants to our nation must take so as to exclude the former requirement to pledge to defend America. We live in a nation where our leader, the President of the United States of America, while standing on foreign soil, apologizes for our nation’s behavior and calls America “arrogant.”

Where our countrymen plea for assistance to our leaders to come save their lives but instead are left to fend for themselves and perish.

We are currently being led by individuals for whom our sense of national pride is foolishness and the acknowledgement of American exceptionalism is viewed as a delusion of imperialistic grandeur. “How dare we think we’re better than anybody else?!”

Well you know what? We are.

America-hating globalists, many of whom call America home, would love to see certain memories fade, certain attitudes dumbed down and certain practices ceased. Practices such as the celebration of America’s Independence and subsequent rise to become the greatest superpower in the history of planet earth. They’re prefer to see America descend, not continue to ascend and by just about any objective observation, for the past seven and a half years we have been descending.

They would love to see us forever say and celebrate “the 4th of July” with as little or no reference to exactly what we’re celebrating on that date as possible. They’d like to see the words and memories scrubbed from history books, not taught in schools, dropped from the public conscience. And in these efforts they are in many ways succeeding.

Read More At:

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/why-you-must-refuse-to-celebrate-the-4th-of-july-this-year?utm_source=BPR&utm_medium=BPR&utm_campaign=BPR

The article speaks to every year after . I'll always celebrate America's independence.  And being my relations are from Europe, I'll thank God especially that we're not living there in these trying times. 

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I wish people would stop telling me what to do. 

Are you young? Because people will always tell you what to do. It's either the law of the land, your boss, or someone. And of course, God. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I don't need to read your remarks. I've noticed a pattern in your behavior that is quite disturbing. One that you seem to more than not follow right behind Running Gator, and vice versa, when you tag-team an issue or a member. Judging in my post meant exactly what it said. 

The Christian, as those here who read the particular scripture I'm referring to know well enough, is to be afforded in righteousness! Acts, not appearance. 

I read Flower's remark and what you either did not, or chose not, to get was the banter retort she made to the member to whom she was replying. That member chose to apologize, when there was no need. It was not your business at all. But you jump in and levy sarcastic condemnation toward a member, personally, as against the rules as is this I suspect. Just to get something from it. And now, as I've observed early on, I suspect my observation about one behind the other will manifest in short order. 

You're out of line. And I do not apologize for bringing that to your attention. There are a few people here who are vicious toward new members. One side wined their way into calling someone a sinner, not a Christian , and finally a demon. That dispicable assault was excused by one who should know better and put a stop to it.  
What the good soul is happening in this forum? In this community?  That hate filled people can spit on members , be excused for it, and continue. While the likes of you do this. When it wasn't your business in the first place because it clearly was out of your depth to get the inference Flower was making in short order and in fun, as is obvious, to someone not you! 

Now,  I'm darn sure I'll be reported for this. And I'm equally sure I'll be contacted by the rule makers. If that happens when the rule breaker I'm talking to isn't talked to, being reported, as was the other demonnamecaller, that just proves my point. Something is very wrong here. 

VERY!

:thumbs_up:   I'll look to see what you are referring to here as per patterns of posts.  I was a member of a forum once where there was a proud Troll-patrol who loved to harass members just to report them. Unexplained Mysteries Forum.  I joined that site quite a number of years ago. :(   That was something else. But every experience gives you information to take with you so that you're ready for the next future, right? 

After that, and after my sister was hacked having joined a forum she thought was spiritual, I started using browsers that had an in-built VPN. Virtual Privacy Network, in case anyone is interested in real high security.  It is the internet and the anonymity factor gives the worst of the worst an open door to be their best at being their worst. 

There's a dark net . I found that out watching a commercial for personal credit reporting privacy. I'll never surf the web without protection. OK, that sounds highly sexual. 

Anyway, I wanted to post that because I don't know anyone that doesn't hide their identity on line in these days. Maybe consider that when you encounter the worst of the worst anywhere you go. 

And being we're sisters in our precious Lord, I would advise you that when we read we will know our sisters and brothers by their fruits that that means we'll know them by how they act. 
That truism, WWJD? That's often an acronym on shirts now is something that always comes to mind when I venture to a community of people in Christ. "What Would Jesus Do?" 

If someone acts contrary to how Jesus acted, and yes, remember, even he lost his temper, but if they act wicked and hateful and spiteful , spite-filled, that is the fruit they harvest inside themselves. And share with the world. Either the world of the web, or the world when they're off-line. 

You'll not find, as has been my experience, someone who is a real cad on a website and in person they're gloriously wonderful and charitable and loving. 

Love doesn't live inside the unloving. But actors abound. Learn from brother James.  

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

When someone acts like Satan, it is not an act.  Because the Holy Spirit will never find accommodation, entry, the door, into that which is the devil in flesh. 

Have you seen the picture of Christ knocking? Behold I stand at the door and knock. 

Have you noticed something ? On the side of the door where our precious Lord is knocking there is no door knob. 

We have to let him in from the other side. 

That which is of the Devil has no door. 

Do not ever let the Devil get your attention. Any sister and brother here reading this. Don't ever let the Devil get your attention! 

Remember, we are the temple wherein the Holy Spirit of God the Father dwells. 

No weapon formed against us can stand. 

Pay attention to the weapon wielders that do try to come against the stronghold of the Holy Spirit! 

There are Devils in this world! Because this world has Satan prowling about like a hungry lion looking for souls to devour. 

And as was demonstrated at that other site I mentioned, Unexplained Mysteries Forum, they look for prey they can report!

Love your enemies!
But do not ever ever ever let them make you mad. They're damned! Unless God calls them into his grace. Nothing we say if we lower ourselves to their level, God forbid, can ever ever ever do better than that to impact them now. Not when they will suffer for eternity! :( And while alive, show us why. 

God be with his precious ones! Stay strong in the Lord my family. :amen:   Get behind me SATAN! 
Worked wonders for precious Jesus. :) 

• Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Kate said:

I, as well as thousands of Americans, celebrate America's Independence on July 4. Always have, always will. No one will ever change that.

The Continental Congress approved the final wording of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. They'd been working on it for a couple of days after the draft was submitted on July 2nd and finally agreed on all of the edits and changes.

July 4, 1776, became the date that was included on the Declaration of Independence, and the fancy handwritten copy that was signed in August (the copy now displayed at the National Archives in Washington, D.C.) It’s also the date that was printed on the Dunlap Broadsides, the original printed copies of the Declaration that were circulated throughout the new nation. So when people thought of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776 was the date they remembered.

LOL, no that is not what the article is talking about.  It is not saying we should not celebrate the day.   His point is that we should call it independence day, and not simply the 4th of July.  When we call it independence day, it recalls the history of our nation and why we have our independence.  

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Flowerwater said:

I know a huge number of veterans. I grieve a few who never made it home. I'll choose not to pay attention to garbage that tells me I must be ashamed to be a free American and celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY one day in a year, when every single day I thank God I'm an American. 

That's not what the article is saying.   The article's point was that we should not call it "the 4th of July, but call it "independence day"  due to the fact that calling it the 4th of July doesn't speak to the history of why we celebrate.  Calling it Independence day reminds not only us but everyone in this country, citizen or not, why we have this this independence.  

For my part, I read that. However, it is a nonsensical division to think referring to the date of our American independence is something to be overcome. Our American independence and the sacrifices that insured that day arrived were commemorated on the fourth of July. They are inextricably linked. The fourth of July was America's independence day, in writing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Many days have lost their meaning, like Easter.  It should be called Resurrection Day instead.  Independence Day will loose it's meaning by calling it July 4th Holiday as history is being rewritten in the school books every year.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, PageofGrace said:

For my part, I read that. However, it is a nonsensical division to think referring to the date of our American independence is something to be overcome. Our American independence and the sacrifices that insured that day arrived were commemorated on the fourth of July. They are inextricably linked. The fourth of July was America's independence day, in writing. 

I know that, but that is beside the point the author is making.   His point is that in a time when US history is being revised to make it less offensive to those who come to live here from other countries, who don't really love our country, it is important that we do what we can to preserve it.    Simply calling it the 4th of July isn't intrinsically wrong, but it doesn't really speak to the history behind our celebration.  

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I know that, but that is beside the point the author is making.   His point is that in a time when US history is being revised to make it less offensive to those who come to live here from other countries, who don't really love our country, it is important that we do what we can to preserve it.    Simply calling it the 4th of July isn't intrinsically wrong, but it doesn't really speak to the history behind our celebration.  

I appreciate that you posted the article. However, you're not really in a position to insist on others reading it as you'd like them to word it to your liking so as to , in my case since you quoted me, say the same thing you just did. Only using your words. 

In direct language, yes, I got it. Thanks . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

51 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Many days have lost their meaning, like Easter.  It should be called Resurrection Day instead.  Independence Day will loose it's meaning by calling it July 4th Holiday as history is being rewritten in the school books every year.

It should be called Resurrection Day instead. 

Amen!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Where is the Love.   Canada,the USA friendly neighbor just celebrated our own  CANADA DAY   150  birthday on July 3 2017 and there was a post to that effect from Jaydog.   Did not see one, not one  congratulation or remark from any of our neighbor from the south.  We did had one from our sisters way Down Under who was part of the British empire.    No good i say.  Anyway, there is always next year if the Lord wills.   Are we really neighbors, or just a pretense. 

Edited by warrior12