IGNORED

Saul the Pharisees vs Paul the Apostle. No difference really.

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hope you realize the words you read of Jesus that Scripture records were written down by mere men.

Either you can accept the fact that all Scripture, including the writings of Luke, Matthew, Mark and John, are equally inspired as the writings of Paul and Peter, James and Jude, but you can't pick and choose, e.g. Matthew's record I'll believe as fully inspired but Paul's less so.

I don't believe any Christian or learned person believes otherwise. That the bible was written by mere men. Laity will speak about scripture and debate its meaning days upon days. Bible scholars and Christian theologians are educated in the scriptures far beyond what we mere readers would ever know. 

The scripture says to test every spirit. That was inspired as a truth of God too. Proverbs 14:15 The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm aware of the apologetic debates and the arguments of higher criticism. My post which you responded to was actually aimed at NotSoLostSoul who has been denigrating Paul's writings.

Then you mistakenly quoted me instead of them. That you quoted me is why I replied.

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

again, this was addressed to /quoting NotSoLostSoul...maybe the software on  Worthy is messing up if you think this was quoting you.

I don't think it is a software issue.

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

Because they wish to teach something other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. They are false teachers and should be challenged and/or ignored. For the sake of the little ones, they should be rebuked!

For the sake of the little one's false witness should never be permitted to express slander against Christians without being rebuked. No one here has ever bashed Paul. It is an Apologetics debate.  Blind faith is rebuked in scripture. Perhaps you can adjust your sight to that rather than implying negativity toward brothers and sisters in Christ.

9 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Perhaps you can adjust your sight to that rather than implying negativity toward brothers and sisters in Christ.

Perhaps you can adjust your sight to spreading the Gospel instead of spreading negativity about an Apostle of Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 15:7-8 Paul confirmed that Jesus had appeared to him in a post resurrection appearance, referring to the Damascus Road event. And in Galatians 1:11-12 he told how he received the gospel he preached directly from Jesus. These events in his life qualified him to be an apostle. To try and teach anything else is teaching a false Gospel. So stop it in it's tracks before it leads people astray.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I hope you realize the words you read of Jesus that Scripture records were written down by mere men.

Either you can accept the fact that all Scripture, including the writings of Luke, Matthew, Mark and John, are equally inspired as the writings of Paul and Peter, James and Jude, but you can't pick and choose, e.g. Matthew's record I'll believe as fully inspired but Paul's less so.

Exactly, I test it all and the Spirit guides me in what is right and what is questionable. Something about Paul doesn't sit right with me. I said repeatedly

REPEATEDLY. I AM not saying his writings are not God inspired nor useful. 

But I have a right to test. Them all because they all are men.

My faith is to Jesus, not MAN.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But the only Jesus we know was the one written about by the Apostles. Are you saying Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were more inspired than Paul?And actually, Mark and Luke were not apostles but got their info from the apostles...Luke got much of his from Paul!!

No, I never said one is purer or truer than any other. Nor less inspired. They were inspired and wrote. That is what they were to do.

How those written are interpreted and translated and taught can only properly be taught by The Spirit.

If the Spirit that Jesus pulled me to him. Tells me question I will question. Any and every MAN. 12 Apostles and Paul.

I have even stated in this thread. That maybe it's not Paul but how people who follow him use it to explain their judgemental views. 

I mentioned that in my journey for the truth is Jesus see error in me, he will correct.

Instead I get more Paul followers attacking who I am, where I stand in my belief in Christ. Twisting my words to make it seem more and more their view. Which actually has proven my point and increased my fear that individuals who use Paul to pass judgement, they do not have authority to, upon others just because they believe in a systematic way to seek God.

My journey is mine. If it calls me totest.Paul Peter John, dude next door. It doesn't matter, I will test.

NO MAN CAN TELL ME I CAN'T. NO MAN CAN TELL ME I AM WRONG. NO MAN CAN JUDGE ME. NO MAN CAN SAVE ME.......

BUT JESUS CAN! HE HAS AND HE LEADS MY LIFE. MY JOURNEY AND MY TEACHINGS.

QUIT CONDEMNING BASED ON YOUR SYSTEM OF RIGHT OR WRONG RELIGION.

JESUS IS BEYOND A BOOK

GOD IS BEYOND MAN'S WRITTEN LAW OR TRADITIONALLY PRACTICED LAW.

Isn't that what Jesus said and proved to the Pharisees.

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Tell me, what so far has the Holy Spirit showed you that contradicts what the Apostles have said...i.e. what the Holy Spirit has inspired?

When you go beyond what is written (BEYOND A BOOK as you say) you become the JUDGE and AUTHORITY.

Oh and Yomn, I wasn't directing that you were judging me. Just I quoted you and then the reply rolled from there.

As I have stated, Here and in other posts. 

Jesus teaches we should not judge.

Paul teaches we can with stipulations. 

The additional stipulations don't sit well with me. 

The we should judge as long as we are rightly so and doing it with love. Paul paraphrasing. That doesn't sit with me and causes me to question him.

Jesus cleary said we are not capable of judging because we are sinners ourselves. Our thoughts are not his and so our judging is not rightly so.

Now some here will bend what Jesus says to mean more. That's their choice. People have even tried to excuse away the clear examples Jesus gave with clear context with something Paul says.

So maybe it's not Paul, maybe it is those who use him to force their views.

My OP was to say, Saul the Pharisees who believed and enforced a systematic religion really bares no difference to Paul the Apostle who teaches God inspired Word with a hint of a systematic control. At least that how some of his followers try and control.

Maybe not him, but his followers believe, if you don't read it, accept it, live by it and follow it as it is written then you are not of Christ. 

Why not leave the judging to Jesus. God gave that to him. Yet man wants to control, turn away, outcast, and condemn and use teachings, usually Pauls to do so.

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes He will correct...All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
(2Ti 3:16)

Paul's people Titus. The highlighted for correction. Jesus corrects, man shouldn't.  Man tries to correct but judges in the process. Not all but many.

38 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But you have been judging Paul all along in this thread. (it ain't about me).

Besides holding God's Word in such a way where you choose some of it over other parts is a dangerous place to be.

If people feel I'm judging Paul fine. 

I never said he wasn't God inspired nor of God. I just don't like the way he comes off in his teachings. That's my opinion.

Maybe that's where the issue lies. Some hold the Bible to be God's Word not Inspired Word. To me there is a difference.