IGNORED

Seared conscience

16 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Don’t know where to start 

That's ok; I totally understand. Just take it as you need to take it. What is important is that you get in touch with your feelings, to stop ignoring the truth and just let things be naturally. When you do that, you'll then have a chance to get all things in order. Right now, it's important to build your sense of self-confidence so that you can relax and be open to hear. Basic, good ol' 'pre Adam and Eve sin' kind of confidence is what you need. The kind of confidence where your not worried, nor focused on yourself all day in some form or fashion. When you reach that emotional place, things will be much easier.

I believe in you T22.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

I didn't see the date on this. Whoops. Didn't realize it was that old. But how does one with a seared conscience even truly seek God? Or even want to? Because if I am honest with myself, that is where I am. And that is the sign that someone has crossed God's line and there is no way back, even while they still draw breath.

God can open your heart to Him. If you are interested then ask Him to open your heart.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God can open your heart to Him. If you are interested then ask Him to open your heart.

I've been asking. Nothing.

14 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

How have you been asking, and how long have you been asking?

Sometimes it is a gradual change of mind and heart. Not everyone has a big moment of instant realisation.

A bit over a year and a half. All kinds of prayers. Trying hard to quit sins (and a lot of failing). The problem must be me. I really don't know what to do. He isn't listening.

1 minute ago, Chris0699 said:

A bit over a year and a half. All kinds of prayers. Trying hard to quit sins (and a lot of failing). The problem must be me. I really don't know what to do. He isn't listening.

Oh believe me, God hears and sees everything. What God is waiting for is for us to become willing to become His actual and True Slave. That is the sticking point. If you do not Believe properly, as I indicated in one of my previous posts, all things in life will fail. Consider what James wrote:

[Jas 1:5-7 NIV] "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord."

But what is the context? Belief! If we do not believe properly, all things will fail beyond belief. So again, you know that you truly believe in God when you have True, legitimate fear of Him like none other. So I ask of you . . . do you actually fear the Lord? Do have actual fear of Hell? Do you truly believe what is written in His great book? You see, this is what it comes down to.

You can do this . . . I believe in you 100%.

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

I've been asking. Nothing.

That is your choice. Life if full of choices. But why are you not on Worthy as a seeker or unbeliever?

37 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is your choice. Life if full of choices. But why are you not on Worthy as a seeker or unbeliever?

I don't know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

Chris,  have you ever really made Jesus your Lord....   Have you ever told people that you believe Jesus is the Son of God and asked him to take over your eternal future....

I guess I would have to ask do you see that you have some kind of eternal future.

It is possible to have a seared conscious and the Holy Spirit just won't deal with you, but it has been my experience in reading about those folks that they really don't give a hoot one way or another....   It isn't that they don't believe it's that they don't care.

It is very difficult to stop sinning in this world without help of the Holy Spirit....    I won't say it's impossible but it was never within my grasp....   Just turn it all over to him in an open way....    tell him in your heart that you are his to do with as he pleases......   heaven or hell whatever he decides and wants.....    but ask for help for you to want to follow his asks of us.

He asked us to be baptized, and really repent of the way we have lived...   be really sorry that you have done things....   but if you have sinful things in your life that you enjoy and are going to have difficult stopping ask for him to take those things out of your grasp...    

Sexual sins are one of the most difficult things to conquer from what I have picked up over the years talking with friends and acquaintances....    for we are driven by the hormones that God himself gave us.

9 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

I don't know.

Everyone on this earth has to make a choice. If they are going to spend an eternity in heaven or in hell. 

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Everyone on this earth has to make a choice. If they are going to spend an eternity in heaven or in hell. 

I mean, I don't know how or why I was classified in Worthy. I don't think I have any control over that.