Zoltan777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would mention that the dinosaurs may have been a production of the Watchers who came to earth to get wives for themselves.....   the same that caused the nephilim.   It is said that they also taught men to blend different species together....    so it is possible that those things were not part of the original creation, but genetically manipulated disasters that did not qualify for a place on the Ark.

But it would just turn into the common Genesis 6 thread and nothing much could come of it.

btw George I just got a kindle version of the Book you suggested.  The subject is interesting.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

The Bible speaks to the existence of creatures that resemble what we would call dinosaurs (i.e. leviathan, behemoth, dragons etc.).

Science only discovered dinosaurs in the 1820s.
The word "dinosaur" is a recent word (1840s).
The secular story tells us
that the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago - yet almost every culture on earth has ancient stories about giant reptilian creatures.

This evidence indicates that humans lived with giant reptiles (as opposed to the secular model which places tens-to-hundreds-of-millions of years between our existence).

Fossilization requires rare conditions - where the flesh is quickly buried in order to mitigate the effects of decay and scavengers. The Bible speaks of a global flood that could account for such conditions on a large enough scale to account for the fossil record.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

On 8/2/2017 at 2:34 AM, other one said:

btw George I just got a kindle version of the Book you suggested.  The subject is interesting.

I just ordered a used paperback edition on Ebay for under $4.50.  Should get it by the 15th.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Zoltan...scientific evidence says the earth is about 4.5 billion years old...homosapiens ie humans have been around a few hundred thousand years. Dinosaurs ruled for many millions of years but were essentially wiped out via a mass extinction event 65 million years ago.  The biblical account of earth and subsequent species in no way is supported by scientific evidence. So believe in genesis accounts on faith in the absence of supporting evidence or believe in the scientific understanding formed by evidence. 

Guest Teditis

I don't think that there's any "scientific" evidence that can show the age of the Earth.

The dating of rocks is impossible with what we currently have to work with even though

many "scientists" have determined that the layering and structure of the planet's continents

have had to have transpired over millions of years... it's just conjecture and theory. Therefore,

using the stratification to date fossils is flawed thinking and biased. Most scientific evidence

clearly shows that the Earth has only been around for "thousands" of years, yet to be determined.

But it can be demonstrated through rational thought that the Earth is relatively "young" and slowly

digressing into the chaotic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

Why would one be forced to accept an Old Earth Creation when Genesis does not support it?    OEC is a mis-guided attempt to meld Creationism with the false theory of evolution.  If one has simple faith in the Bible, that ill-advised route is not necessary.

The extinction of what we refer to as "dinosaurs" can be easily explained.  The atmospheric make-up of the Earth was completely different after the flood than it was before the flood.  The dinosaurs could not survive in an atmosphere that was now less temperate, had seasons, had less oxygen in the air and less atmospheric pressure.

This is a lie promoted over-and-over again by Young Earth Creationists (YEC) to make Genesis say something it does not say.  They are afraid of the Theory of Evolution.  The Theory of Evolution is also a LIE.  The truth is in Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

Genesis 1:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Creation

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters.

Footnotes:

a Genesis 1:2 Or a waste and emptiness

b Genesis 1:2 Lit face of

c Genesis 1:2 Or hovering

d Genesis 1:2 Lit face of

Genesis 1:1 refers to God's original creation something like 4.54 billion years ago.  YEC can't comprehend a God (aka the Ancient of Days) of such vastness and power.  So in the second verse we see Earth in a state of chaos.  God doesn't create chaos.  Chaos comes from an act of judgment, here by God.  How long was the Earth in chaos, I have no indisputable proof to say it was 6000 years, or billions of years.  Genesis 1:3 starts our human history.  Between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3 there was a gap in time.  Some of us have filled in the missing years thru various sciences to form the Gap Theory, others the Day-Age Theory, and there are variations of both.  One thing both theories do not do is take the Bible as anything but the literal truth as it was originally written.  For some reason, YEC want to keep people ignorant of the truth of God's creative work.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

To be honest I can't imagine God has created the dinosaurs along with humans. I don't think Adam and Eve would have survived with tyrannosaurus in their neighbourhood. In the age of the dinosaurs the world was different and we can't deny this. Yes, I am on the side of OEC which I think perfectly fits in Genesis.

One question for the people who prefer YEC: why did God put so much effort to make the whole empty and lifeless universe? Why did He not just created our galaxy with the earth in it? 

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

18 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Blanket statements are useless and they are never accurate.

This is a blanket statement itself and by your own definition useless and not accurate.

Why would I be scared of the Theory of Evolution when I know it to be false?  That does not even make any sense, logically-speaking.

Have you ever had a class in Logic?

In the first paragraph you say this:

And then, to start the second paragraph, you say this:

Just exactly how do you pull any kind of number out a verse that says only this:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

As I explained, Genesis 1:2 shows the Earth in a state of chaos.  Do you believe God creates chaos and disorder?

Then you go on to state that Genesis 1:1 refers to the Earth's age being 4.54 billion years old.  Really?  Exactly where does it say that and what do you base your measurement of time on?  Where is your proof of a gap in time in Genesis 1:1  and 1:3?

Genesis 1:2 proves there was a gap in time with a plethora of scriptures to back up that claim.  The age of the Earth is the best scientific estimate of the current of the Earth.  What's so hard to understand?

A Young Earth Creationist displays a much greater comprehension of God's vastness and power by actually believing the literal Genesis account, as written, without forcing the text to do gymnastics that are not even inferred.

Here's another one of your blanket statements you accuse me of using.  So by your own definition, your statement is useless and inaccurate.

If God has unlimited vastness and power, which He does, it would be difficult for Him to create the universe in 6 days?  In actuality, it is the Old Earth Theory that curtails God's creative ability, treating Him as if He is some geriatric who was so debilitated He could only go out and work on His creation a few minutes a day for billions of years.

As an aside, if you were comfortable with your position, you would not need to insult others in an attempt to make your position look better by ad hominems.  That is a transparent tactic all day long.

I am comfortable with my Biblically and Scientifically accurate statements all the while taking the Bible literally.  Suggesting I do not take the Bible literally is an attack on my character and intellect.  I don't have to twist science to meet my end objective ... the truth.  I have been the object of much derision by Young Earth Creationists over the years.   Every once in awhile I must fight back for the truth of God's word.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The watchers genetically made dinosaurs and since they were not really part of God's original creation they didn't get an invitation to the ark.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

12 hours ago, other one said:

The watchers genetically made dinosaurs and since they were not really part of God's original creation they didn't get an invitation to the ark.

Firstly, who are the "watchers"?

Edited by Zoltan777