• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Ive provided plenty. Go read it!  You are implying I havent read scripture because you disagree with me. I find that offensive! 

I couldnt refer to scripture it werent IN ME. I study. 2 Tim 2:15

This is a debate forum not a place for one to made snide insulting comments. Bring some intellectual rhetoric.<_<

i meant go read gillers ones he posted.... 

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Did Jesus get a buzz when he drank wine?

You are assuming the wine back in biblical time is the same as wine today. There is no comparison . I have studied and weighed it out.

44 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Rom 14:20-22
(20)  For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
(21)  It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
(22)  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth

The post in this thread are causing me to stumble in my anger, and since they are not going to stop, I will remove myself. 

I didnt make you angry nor did anyone else. You chose to be angry!   Your reaction to opposing opinions is strictly on you! Are you saying  that any given person has power over your own will?  C'mon now!:huh:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

44 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

This is a debate forum not a place for one to made snide insulting comments.

I agree with your intent in that sentence, but I would not characterize this as a debate forum, as though debate is the purpose of it. It is a forum, where debate is allowed, but hopefully, people learn from such exchanges of ideas.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

27 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

You are assuming the wine back in biblical time is the same as wine today. There is no comparison . I have studied and weighed it out.

Clearly though, whether it is the same or not, it was sufficiently alcoholic, that people got drunk on it, as pointed out many times is scripture. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Consuming it ; yes. If you are stuck in a situation where it can be used for disinfecting a wound ;no. 

i enjoy the taste of a beer or a glass of wine....    it in no way changes anything I do or think as long as I never have more than two and I never have more than one.....    so I disagree with you that it is only for getting a buzz.    I have kidney problems and my doctor tells me to have a beer late in the day before I go to bed.

My heart doctor tells me that a glass of red wine with a meal is good for my heart and that isn't for a buzz.

I do enjoy the taste of some wine with a meal and it has nothing to do with a buz.....     I personally do not like Buzzes.    if I wanted a buzz I'd go home and take a couple of hydrocodone tablets or one of the percocets I got 4 years ago when I broke my arm....  Don't like buzzes so they are still in my medicine cabinet.   Some people do drink to get a buzz, but it is wrong for you to tell people that everyone does that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a drinker at all but Jesus said: I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

I don't know...I might have a whole bottle there.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

I am not a drinker at all but Jesus said: I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

I don't know...I might have a whole bottle there.

not so sure that would be a good idea...

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Why quote post B to accuse when your grounds for accusation was in post A?

You have lost me.  Last thing I need to do is get in an argument with a Watchman.

You win! 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I didnt make you angry nor did anyone else. You chose to be angry!   Your reaction to opposing opinions is strictly on you! Are you saying  that any given person has power over your own will?  C'mon now!:huh:

I am a little confused by this post as opposed to your other post in this thread.  

In other post you seem to imply that the actions of a person (in this case drinking a beer) could cause another Christian to stumble.  Yet in this post you seem to imply that one cannot be made to stumble by another person.   

Could you explain which view it is that you hold?