• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, we are unworthy.   Jesus we are declared righteous.  We are not made worthy.   It's false churchy doctrines that feed man's pride and tells him he is worthy.   Only Christ is worthy.

Uh...Yeah   Well I think I'll believe the word...Then maybe I'll consider what you just said...Nah. I'll just believe the Word.

Colossians 1:12 (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

The word 'meet' means fit,  or worthy...

Also....In spite of feelings....God says that you ARE the righteousness of God in the anointing, wherewith you ARE anointed.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Uh...Yeah   Well I think I'll believe the word...Then maybe I'll consider what you just said...Nah. I'll just believe the Word.

Colossians 1:12 (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

The word 'meet' means fit,  or worthy...

No the Greek word doesn't mean "worthy."  It means, "able."   It has nothing to do with being worthy.   We saved by grace through faith because we are unworthy.   We are unworthy, but God accepts us by His mercy.   We have no worthiness, no merit before the Lord.   Any suggestion that we do is pure arrogance.

Also....In spite of feelings....God says that you ARE the righteousness of God in the anointing, wherewith you ARE anointed.

No, I am justified by faith, which means I am declared legally righteous.   I am not righteous at this point and I won't be righteous until sin is eradicated and I have a glorified body.   Until then, according to Romans 4, righteousness is imputed to me, not imparted to me.

• Group:  Senior Member

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No the Greek word doesn't mean "worthy."  It means, "able."   It has nothing to do with being worthy.   We saved by grace through faith because we are unworthy.   We are unworthy, but God accepts us by His mercy.   We have no worthiness, no merit before the Lord.   Any suggestion that we do is pure arrogance.

No, I am justified by faith, which means I am declared legally righteous.   I am not righteous at this point and I won't be righteous until sin is eradicated and I have a glorified body.   Until then, according to Romans 4, righteousness is imputed to me, not imparted to me.

ἱκανόω hikanóō, hik-an-o'-o; from G2425; to enable, i.e. qualify:—make able (meet).

It does mean able.  The rest of the entry says it makes us qualified..Again  We are worthy.  

As to being the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

So then, Jesus sacrifice, becoming sin so we could be made the righteousness of God in the anointing has not kicked in yet.  Hmm

When a covenant is cut, all parts of that covenant kick in upon ratification unless stipulated otherwise.  Jesus did this, the effect is immediate.  
You just proved my point.  Romans 4 says the effects or results of Jesus actions resulted in us being imputed (credited, seen as, deemed to have, determined as having, seen as being) the righteousness of God
When God made this covenant with Jesus, there was NO time clause there.   Churchianity put it there.
Check it out.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Denadii said:

ἱκανόω hikanóō, hik-an-o'-o; from G2425; to enable, i.e. qualify:—make able (meet).

It does mean able.  The rest of the entry says it makes us qualified..Again  We are worthy. 

No, worthy and qualified are not interchangeable terms.  There is no need to feed pride.   We are not worthy.  Only Jesus is worthy.

As to being the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

And one day we will be made the righteousness of God.   That is future.   Romans 4 makes it clear that righteousness is imputed to us by faith.  Right now we are in legal right standing with God.  But righteousness is not yet imparted to us.  We are not, at this point, made inherently righteous. 

And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.  (Rom 4:22-25)

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, worthy and qualified are not interchangeable terms.  There is no need to feed pride.   We are not worthy.  Only Jesus is worthy.

And one day we will be made the righteousness of God.   That is future.   Romans 4 makes it clear that righteousness is imputed to us by faith.  Right now we are in legal right standing with God.  But righteousness is not yet imparted to us.  We are not, at this point, made inherently righteous. 

And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.  (Rom 4:22-25)

Well, you have the right to believe what you want.  I get in trouble when I carry a conversation too far.   Just don't get in the way of our friend profiting by what the Word says, ok?

I read the Word, When it says something. Ok. That's what I believe.  I don't write things in, and I don't go by churchy doctrines, though you can if you want.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Well, you have the right to believe what you want.  I get in trouble when I carry a conversation too far.   Just don't get in the way of our friend profiting by what the Word says, ok?

No one profits from someone like you twisting the word of God and redefining key terms fit your false teaching.

I read the Word, When it says something. Ok. That's what I believe.  I don't write things in, and I don't go by churchy doctrines, though you can if you want.

Your exegesis is sloppy and it is churchy doctrines that teach nonsense like claiming we are worthy when the Bible only ever declares Jesus worthy.   If you read the Bible like you claim to, you would know that.

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No one profits from someone like you twisting the word of God and redefining key terms fit your false teaching.

Your exegesis is sloppy and it is churchy doctrines that teach nonsense like claiming we are worthy when the Bible only ever declares Jesus worthy.   If you read the Bible like you claim to, you would know that.

Frankly I don't care about the big fancy words you people use. Exegesis, hermaneutics. semantics.....If the Word says it, I believe it.  I don't go tearing it up and refocusing on it, sticking it into a microscope, and maybe believing it.  Or Interpreting it to say what opinions I may have.   It says Jesus was made to be sin for us,so that we could be made worthy.  That's good enough for me.  I am worthy NOW.  I am the righteousness of God in the anointing, Now.   You can wait if you want.  Your choice.   I'll believe the Word any day before I believe mans doctrine.

Guys! Perhaps another thread about this?

5 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Frankly I don't care about the big fancy words you people use. Exegesis, hermaneutics. semantics.....If the Word says it, I believe it.  I don't go tearing it up and refocusing on it, sticking it into a microscope, and maybe believing it.  Or Interpreting it to say what opinions I may have.   It says Jesus was made to be sin for us,so that we could be made worthy.  That's good enough for me.  I am worthy NOW.  I am the righteousness of God in the anointing, Now.   You can wait if you want.  Your choice.   I'll believe the Word any day before I believe mans doctrine.

You are righteous ONLY because of Christ. We dont pay a price for our righteousness. It is IMPUTED. That is why we are unworthy.  We are a wicked people undeserving of the gift.

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

Guys! Perhaps another thread about this?

You are righteous ONLY because of Christ. We dont pay a price for our righteousness. It is IMPUTED. That is why we are unworthy.  We are a wicked people undeserving of the gift.

So you are saying that we are unworthy because God counts us as worthy?  How does that work?  Thanks for jumping in.  I missed you.

5 minutes ago, Denadii said:

So you are saying that we are unworthy because God counts us as worthy?  How does that work?  Thanks for jumping in.  I missed you.

Were you worthy to be saved on your own accord or christ'  righteousness?