missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We aren't close enough to the center to have much affect here.  It got a little dimmer out but nothing amazing.   I saw the 1979 eclipse when the center crossed our town exactly.  It did go completely dark here.  But people didn't make such a party out of that one.  The schools taught the kids how to make pinhole viewers.  Now they say a kitchen colander can be used to see it casting a shadow!   But there were no big gatherings to see it here in 1979.    It only passed through Washington, Oregon Idaho and Montana and then moved though Canada.  

This time freeways have been stand still traffic and many secondary roads were also experiencing heavy traffic.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Willa said:

We aren't close enough to the center to have much affect here.  It got a little dimmer out but nothing amazing.   I saw the 1979 eclipse when the center crossed our town exactly.  It did go completely dark here.  But people didn't make such a party out of that one.  The schools taught the kids how to make pinhole viewers.  Now they say a kitchen colander can be used to see it casting a shadow!   But there were no big gatherings to see it here in 1979.    It only passed through Washington, Oregon Idaho and Montana and then moved though Canada.  

This time freeways have been stand still traffic and many secondary roads were also experiencing heavy traffic.   

It did not get totally dark but it was very obviously darker. Like twilight. It also  looked different out. Kind of like iridescent and no there was nothing else in my tea except tea :).

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Im in Tn. and it got dark here quickly. I saw a star fairly close  because it was dark curious if anyone knows why only one  star. also I thought after I should be able to see the moon it sky I cant; why. I also prayed during the eclispe except a minute I took to look.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,622
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We live in the country with a lot of farm animals around. I did hear some goats and cows and some other animals verbally giving their concern. I wonder what affect this eclipse had on the animals?

Well an excited reporter at Newberry SC stated the crickets were chirping loudly, though I don't know how they could be heard over her own excited chirping. Pretty interesting visuals  being transmitted on tv! Guess we get to see it over and over, as the day  progresses, from other parts of this land.

No special religious prophetic happenings here, either that or we were  left behind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.70
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

And there is no cure.

True.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,622
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, coheir said:

Im in Tn. and it got dark here quickly. I saw a star fairly close  because it was dark curious if anyone knows why only one  star. also I thought after I should be able to see the moon it sky I cant; why. I also prayed during the eclispe except a minute I took to look.

Fun question about the star. Perhaps it is the morning star the planet  venus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Fun question about the star. Perhaps it is the morning star the planet  venus.

When I was a teen  several of us saw something orange in the sky, we were told it was Venus. Dont know if it was. I cant imagine Venus shining like a star if it is a planet. And still we should be able to see moon in sky as I have many times before in day time.

In 79 we had a lunar eclipse  in which it appears to be really huge and turned dark rust in color.  It was so strange and eerie, seeming to be abnormally close to us and just suspended.   

The corona is just a foretaste of the brightness of the glory of God.  We can only imagine.  He is light and in Him is not darkness at all.  No wonder we will have to have glorified bodies to see Him as He is!  Gory to God!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

33 minutes ago, coheir said:

That star is Mercury.  I don't think the sky was supposed to get dark enough ti see far away stars.  I saw a picture on fox where it showed the issspace station doing a transition across the small part of the sun disable.