• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Robert William said:

simplejeff, look at the description, it can't be any other than the USA.

Rev_14:8  Another angel, a second, followed, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who made all nations drink the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality."
Rev_16:19  The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell, and God remembered Babylon the great, to make her drain the cup of the wine of the fury of his wrath.
Rev_17:5  And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations."
Rev_18:2  And he called out with a mighty voice, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
Rev_18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, "Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come."
Rev_18:21  Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more;

Sounds like the USA to me. :)

Rev 18:8  For this reason her plagues will come in a single day, death and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her."
Rev 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning.
Rev 18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, "Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come."
Rev 18:11  And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore,
Rev 18:12  cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble,
Rev 18:13  cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls.
Rev 18:14  "The fruit for which your soul longed has gone from you, and all your delicacies and your splendors are lost to you, never to be found again!"
Rev 18:15  The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,
Rev 18:16  "Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls!
Rev 18:17  For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste." And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off
Rev 18:18  and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning, "What city was like the great city?"
Rev 18:19  And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out, "Alas, alas, for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been laid waste.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

< shrugs >  the faithful men chosen and called by Yahweh in the last 2000 years , prior to the last 100 or 200 years especially, but also including the last 200 years (realize long ago it was revealed in Scripture, by Yahweh, perfectly from His Word)

recognized it as the abomination in/ from rome.  

perhaps because the USA is subject to the same power ?  it looks the same/ similar ..... / participating under / babylon ?

On 9/7/2017 at 12:15 AM, spiderman1917 said:

Paul said "it is no longer I who live but Christ".  That statement reminds me of what Pope Nick said.

Anyway, Scripture says the spirit of the Antichrist doesn't confess that Jesus is Lord.

Your current Pope is blasphemous, he says Jesus was a sinner.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

So you have that quote Robert?  I believe you , I just haven't found that one yet.

I'm not sure if I can insert a video to back up my words, but I will try.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:07 PM, Davida said:

Thanks Robert! My ex-Anglican Minister said basically the same type of thing. He falsely added to the scripture by preaching  that he thought Jesus was just being a little boy running around- It was a red flag for me. In my spirit I thought Wow! - No that is very wrong! " I knew the Holy Spirit was letting me know my Anglican Minister was speaking a falsely about that portion of scripture.

This Pope Francis really makes me angry when I hear him attack the Deity, & Perfection of Jesus and the Holy Scripture-as the literal the Word of God. He is a deceiver & leading people astray away from Jesus Christ.

FYI, we cannot post video in this area , only in the video area , as they have to all be approved by the Mods, so you should delete it or as the Mods to. Thanks for answering my question.

Yes, the lying snake Pope also makes me angry.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/8/2017 at 12:01 AM, spiderman1917 said:

Scripture says what is necessary to believe to be saved.  The Catholic Church teaches what the Bible says is necessary for salvation.

The Roman Catholic cult in their Catechism teaches that we can merit grace necessary for salvation and that eternal life is attained by baptism, sacraments,  and keeping the commandments.
CCC 2010, "...Moved by the Holy Spirit and by charity, we can then merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our sanctification, for the increase of grace and charity, and for the attainment of eternal life."
CCC 2027, "Moved by the Holy Spirit, we can merit for ourselves and for others all the graces needed to attain eternal life, as well as necessary temporal goods."
CCC 2068, "The Council of Trent teaches that the Ten Commandments are obligatory for Christians and that the justified man is still bound to keep them;28 the Second Vatican Council confirms: "The bishops, successors of the apostles, receive from the Lord . . . the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments."
This obviously faulty teaching in the CCC is hugely problematic since it contradicts Scripture.
Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"
Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
We have to ask questions.
Why is the RCC teaching that you attain salvation through observing the commandments when the Bible says we are saved apart from the works of the Law (Rom. 3:28-30; 4:5; Gal. 2:16)?
Why would the Roman Catholic Church teach that you merit for yourself the grace needed for eternal life when that clearly contradicts Rom 11:6?  See also Matt 7:21-23.
There is a great deal wrong with what the RCC teaches.  We must look to God's word and not to what the RCC says we must do to be saved.  Our salvation is not merited by our keeping the commandments!  The Roman Catholic Church needs to repent.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On September 7, 2017 at 3:38 PM, spiderman1917 said:

I'm not saying Catholicism is true.  I don't know.

What I do know is Catholicism confesses Jesus as Lord and savior.  If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe God raised him from the dead, the Bible says you will be saved.

The Catholic Church put together the first Christian Bible in the council of Rome, Carthage, and Hippo.

For centuries there was no other Christian Church on Earth but the RCC.  That institution could not rise to such power without God's will and grace.

The rebuke of graven images was part of the OT law, which few Christians follow.  If the images were so offensive to Jesus, surely the New Testament would condemn such things.

I don't like some of what I see Catholics doing, but I think calling what over a billion Christians hold as sacred, the whore of Babylon, is very judgemental, condemning, disrespectful, uncharitable, and unchristian!

there's that old saying, hate the game not the players,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, KiwiChristian said:

The Pope, is, of course, an Antichrist, while the religious machinery of the Vatican itself is the Whore of Babylon (as it derives its rituals and symbolism from the Babylonian religion of the seductive Semiramis). The Beast is the political structure of the so called "Holy Roman Empire of the Vatican, which will eventually amalgamate into a One World Religion and Government.

Pope Nicholas assumed the title of God. His words are:—‘I am all in all and above all, so that God Himself, and I, the Vicar of God, hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do . . . Wherefore, if those things that I do be said not to be done of man, but of God. WHAT CAN YOU MAKE ME BUT GOD? Again, if prelates of the Church be called and counted of Constantine for gods, I then, being above all prelates, seem by this reason to be ABOVE ALL GODS. Wherefore, no marvel if it be in my power to dispense with all things, yea, with the precepts of Christ.’ See Decret. Par Distinct 96 Ch. 7 Edit Lugd. 1661.

Pope Nicholas said of himself: "I am in all and above all, so that God Himself and I, the vicar of God, hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do…wherefore, if those things that I do be said not to be done of man, but of God, what do you make of me but God? Again, if prelates of the Church be called of Constantine for gods, I then being above all prelates, seem by this reason to be above all gods. Wherefore, no marvel, if it be in my power to dispense with all things, yea with the precepts of Christ." (Decret. par. Distinct 96 ch. 7 edit. Lugo 1661)

Pope Pius X : "The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but He is Jesus Christ Himself, hidden under the veil of the flesh. Does the Pope speak? It is Jesus Christ that speaks. Does the Pope accord a favor or pronounce an anathema? It is Jesus Christ who pronounces the anathema Or accords the favor." (Protestant Alliance Magazine, March, 1922).

"All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope." On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, chapter 17

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.

Father A. Pereira says: "It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title 'Lord God the Pope,' for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII."

Writers on the Canon Law say, "The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth." Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. - Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

Pope Nicholas I declared: "the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man." Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can. 7, Satis evidentur, Decret Gratian Primer Para

"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's 'History of the Councils' Vol. XIV, col. 109

These words appeared in the Roman Canon Law: "To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.-I?i the Gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XXII Cum inter, Tit. XIV, Cap. IV. Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris, 1685. http://biblelight.net/Extravagantes.htm

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty". Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894

"The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man (...) he is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power." -Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', pp.25-29

Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is "the vicegerent upon earth, not a mere man, but of a very God;" and in a gloss on the passage it is explained that this is because he is the vicegerent of Christ, who is "very God and very man." Decretales Domini Gregorii translatione Episcoporum, (on the transference of Bishops), title 7, chapter 3; Corpus Juris Canonice (2nd Leipzig ed., 1881), col. 99; (Paris, 1612), tom. 2, Devretales, col. 205

"And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it." -Liguori, «Duties and Dignities of the Priest», p.27

So, are these Popes wrong in saying they are basically God on Earth? This is a statement on faith and morals, is it not? How is this reconcilable?  

These fakes are in a delusional state of grandeur

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, BeyondET said:

That's a way of saying it. They are being mislead by a hierarchical order that sleeps with the world.  As long as they follow them they are in danger. They are not the only in ones danger but worldly  protestants  as well.  If we see the church from Gods place on high. he sees no denominations, not Protestant Catholic. Paul said know ye not that ye are the Temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells within you.  We all answer for our own works

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 1/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, BeyondET said:

Yes, i dont know i agree with it, though.

Nothing wrong with hating people if it is righteous hatred. 

After all, God hates certain PEOPLE.