• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

I grew up under many Apostles and Prophets.

Would you mind going into a little more detail about the qualifications of an Apostle? Also, have you found the Apostles you have grown up under had a deeper spirit and power of the Lord about them? Do you agree with the popular opinion that the Prophets today are different than the Prophets from the Old Testament? Also, any other thoughts you feel like sharing from your experience with this would be appreciated. thanks

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, firestormx said:

I guess I've always thought of Apostle as the highest position a person can be granted by Christ in the church. thanks for letting me pick your brain.

To be honest, I am really leery of people who walk around calling themselves apostles or prophets, these days because it is usually a form of self-glorification.   

True leaders are not hung up on titles nor do they demand others call them, "pastor"  or "prophet" or "apostle."  True leaders are servants and are embarrassed by titles.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The minute one begins thinking of themselves as a prophet, pride creeps in and suddenly they think they have way more authority than what they actually have.  I choose to stay off that road.

Im not saying think yourself a prophet or self proclaim yourself a prophet or usurp the authority of the office of a prophet..

Im saying without a God gifted Spirit prophecy the brethern can not testify to the truth unto salvation. Men are not born again by the work of man. We are born again by the working of God's Spirit through men. Which according to "Rev 19:10 I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

So respect those who testify unto salvation because their work is from God and through the Spirit of prophecy but dont bow down to them.

I would think the spirit of error would say,

"I am special and favored among brethern for I am a prophet".

or

"men are saved because i am talented at proclaiming the gospel without Gods Spirit." 

The Truth is The Seven Spirits of God were in CHRIST and God gave the gift of His Spirit through Christ for the labors in the harvest and service to the church. It is freely given to men by God.

It doesnt make anyone a idol to be worshiped if the body you worship has there houses clean and the Lord abides with you the spirits working through lay people is common.

it is not a humble spirit that proclaims salvation unto men and says i have no special gift from God its all just humble lil me. God shares his glory with no man. That is pride cloaked in pioty.

Edited by Reinitin

5 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The minute one begins thinking of themselves as a prophet, pride creeps in and suddenly they think they have way more authority than what they actually have.  I choose to stay off that road.

I have a friend I show horses with. For years he has asked me to pray for him. because (according to him) he drinks a lil to much beer with his friends and he doesn't walk away from any fights.

He called me in tears. "Lisa, God is answering your prayers.

The associate pastor is taking over the Pastor position at the cowboy church. He confessed to me he was afraid because of the huge accoutability for the flock is now on his shoulders. Lisa, My heart swelled up with a soft kindness. I told Him God doesn'T expect you to do it alone. We are his sheep pray and ask him what to say and what to do. you are one of his sheep he will carry the burden" After the first address to the congergation the message from the new pastor was powerful and many people were excited about the new pastor. After service the new pastor found my friend to tell him, thank you. The young pastor had prayed and told the Lord these are your sheep I need your help and the Lord took his fear away and gave him his first sermon. My friend said to me, Lisa, it was God, He gave me the words to say. I would of teased him about being afraid. I told him I'm not the best person to go to for advice. God just decided to use me.

What is truely humility? admitting it is God working through his Spirit or taking credit for Gods working?

I see God worked through my friend. Spirit of prophecy- The Lord will provide for his flock. Was a prophetic intention of God. The Lord also gave instruction through my friend for the new pastor to recieve what God wanted to provide the flock and new pastor with. Gods Spirit gave the instruction through my friend - Go to the Lord in prayer. It is the Lords flock, he uses his sheep according to his purposes. He does it by the working of His Spirit through us.

Edited by Reinitin

46 minutes ago, Davida said:

Great testimony, Reinitin!  (lol, just got your name)

lol.. I breed, train and show reining cow horses. 

Edited by Reinitin

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

To be honest, I am really leery of people who walk around calling themselves apostles or prophets, these days because it is usually a form of self-glorification.  

I am too mainly because it doesnt apply!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, firestormx said:

Are Apostles and Prophets for today?

Were the only Apostles the 12 and Paul or were Barnabas and James the brother of the Lord Apostles as well?

If you believe Apostles are for today, then what are their responsibilities? 

Posted by edit after original post

What makes someone an Apostle or what are the qualifications to be an Apostle.

Can just offer some bits and pieces of understanding that I have, open for discussion and by no means complete.  One thing is that Paul was an apostle who had not been with Jesus during His days on the earth, he came after the 12.......so apostleship is still a current gift to the church, it is not a gift that ceased after the original 12 apostles.  Also, the NT talks about prophets being tested by other prophets in the church.........so that too is a current gift to the church.

Since they are foundational, true apostles bring pure doctrine of Jesus and the gospel, they possess the plumbline of Jesus Christ to measure ourselves against, and as such is the "greatest" gift.  Signs and wonders are ascribed to apostles in Book of Acts.  In general they are like the point of the spear, blazing the trail, and taking the brunt of the enemy's opposition to the church, like Paul said....

1Corinthians 4:9-13

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

So for true apostles, it is very costly, not an easy calling to put it mildly.

Prophets prophesy and give prophetic guidance to the church in general and to individual members of the body....they are watchmen who warn of the wiles of the enemy and impending danger and pitfalls.

I don't believe we have to make an issue of naming and labelling people according to their gifts for the most part.......I'm seeing the Body of Christ as being like a living organism and each part will be found doing what it has been given to it to do, in simplicity and humbly obeying the Head of the Body, and there are often overlapping gifts.....the Spirit blows where it willeth........but it is needful to recognize and respect those who have been given greater spiritual gifts of leadership and to submit ourselves to those who watch over our souls, as the bible says, not to give them added grief.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Can just offer some bits and pieces of understanding that I have, open for discussion and by no means complete.  One thing is that Paul was an apostle who had not been with Jesus during His days on the earth, he came after the 12.......so apostleship is still a current gift to the church, it is not a gift that ceased after the original 12 apostles.  Also, the NT talks about prophets being tested by other prophets in the church.........so that too is a current gift to the church.

Since they are foundational, true apostles bring pure doctrine of Jesus and the gospel, they possess the plumbline of Jesus Christ to measure ourselves against, and as such is the "greatest" gift.  Signs and wonders are ascribed to apostles in Book of Acts.  In general they are like the point of the spear, blazing the trail, and taking the brunt of the enemy's opposition to the church, like Paul said....

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

Prophets prophesy and give prophetic guidance to the church in general and to individual members of the body....they are watchmen who warn of the wiles of the enemy and impending danger and pitfalls.

I don't believe we have to make an issue of naming and labelling people according to their gifts for the most part.......I'm seeing the Body of Christ as being like a living organism and each part will be found doing what it has been given to it to do, in simplicity and humbly obeying the Head of the Body, and there are often overlapping gifts.....the Spirit blows where it willeth........but it is needful to recognize and respect those who have been given greater spiritual gifts of leadership and to submit ourselves to those who watch over our souls, as the bible says, not to give them added grief.

Sister we are what we are . amen.   IS their still some prophets , aposteles , teachers etc out their.  I am sure their are.  But every single man who has said I AM an apostle

everyone I have seen and investigated.   IS FALSE FALSE FALSE and their doctrine is not only off, but WAY OFF.  but then they like the SHOW and worship and pats of men too.

SO , they false.   Its not evil if one says they are an apostle or prophet.   NOT at all.   But.......watch that one close.   IF they no matter how humble they play

IF the attention seems to focus on them and THEY LIKE IT.................THEY FALSE men of belial.   desiring the inward praise of men.  I seen them at work.

And if any apostel prophet , teacher leader  bishop , deacon comes and says ANTHING contrary to JESUS or live oh so greater than his own flock......BETTER RUN FAST.

cause the last time I checked.......the only one who is greater than all, the only one is who is great, who is LORD , who is master

HE SURE DID NOT LIVE EAT and have MORE than his OWN flock.  in fact they did not wash his feet...........SISTER he washed thiers as one who is a servant.

Not for eyes of men.......he did it in a room , not seen by men , but in the presence of those whose feet he washed.......we got a huge false prophet today

doing works to be seen as men and seeming so humble.......but look out ...he may seem lamb like.........OH but a dragon owns his mouth...he is spouting all sorts of lies

in the name of love peace unity and etc.  

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

label of medal of truth.    IF one comes calling himself this or that and making a big ado about how we gods...............yeah thems get fled fastfrom too.

As I said ................Are we greater than OUR LORD..................HECK NO and I almost didn't say heck.   I am worn out with men who seem to think they are however

and make such valid claims like GOD has made me rich ................ THIS IS HOW A MAN O GOD LIVES>...........nonensense.

NO, its time to keep it real and knock these men of belial who deiser the preeminence off they stools..........they just men , we just people.  

GOD is LORD and on my watch , if I see a fasle anything making us off as able to live better than JESUS.....that one gets shut down on my watch.

JESUS is LORD.............not us...........NOT US............and this sorry mindset that we are will be shut down on this plain mans watch ANY TIME I see it.

ANYTIME.   I am long worn out with that mindset I see , they fleecing the flock and feeding mans evil ego.   That sister..........I will rebuke it hard core and warn

all.......WE AINT GOD , WE AINT JESUS , and we don't LIVE as though LORD OVER GODS FLOCK.  we are as servants , NOT LORDS nor GODS OVER IT.

I am long worn out with seeing it.  JESUS gets the reconition and we should simply live AS OUR LORD DID........the REAL LORD , the real MASTER , the REAL CREATOR>

and he lived NO BETTER than anyone of his own flock.  

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

label of medal of truth.    IF one comes calling himself this or that and making a big ado about how we gods...............yeah thems get fled fastfrom too.

As I said ................Are we greater than OUR LORD..................HECK NO and I almost didn't say heck.   I am worn out with men who seem to think they are however

and make such valid claims like GOD has made me rich ................ THIS IS HOW A MAN O GOD LIVES>...........nonensense.

NO, its time to keep it real and knock these men of belial who deiser the preeminence off they stools..........they just men , we just people.  

GOD is LORD and on my watch , if I see a fasle anything making us off as able to live better than JESUS.....that one gets shut down on my watch.

JESUS is LORD.............not us...........NOT US............and this sorry mindset that we are will be shut down on this plain mans watch ANY TIME I see it.

ANYTIME.   I am long worn out with that mindset I see , they fleecing the flock and feeding mans evil ego.   That sister..........I will rebuke it hard core and warn

all.......WE AINT GOD , WE AINT JESUS , and we don't LIVE as though LORD OVER GODS FLOCK.  we are as servants , NOT LORDS nor GODS OVER IT.

I am long worn out with seeing it.  JESUS gets the reconition and we should simply live AS OUR LORD DID........the REAL LORD , the real MASTER , the REAL CREATOR>

and he lived NO BETTER than anyone of his own flock.  

JESUS did not have better meals than his own, he did not have them wash his feet.   As I said............a man can say he is a prophet and that is not a sin.

BUT if that prophet is lording over the flock..........his stool gets kicked out till he figures out ,we just men, NOT LORDS .

any leader , any deacon  any bishop any example to the flock....should LIVE as THE EXAMPLE TO US ALL DID..........as OUR LORD.

and HE DID not come as one who was to be served nor exalted..THOUGH HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN.  HE DID NOT . 

and if THE WORD of GOD , GOD , THE SON ....lived as a servant ........GUESSS WHO ELSE SHOULD............ALL , ALL who follow HIM.

THE WORLD lords over its own................we aint the world, and we aint of it ...............WE don't ride around in big fancy cars with big fancy houses we got off

the backs of the poor in their flocks.....this is sick and I will shut it down on my watch.