• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

26 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

This is nonsense.  You only use Archeology when it suits your purpose.

This is a fruitless argument as all that I say will be disavowed or instantly declared 'nonsense'.
So pretty. So petty. So lacking in purpose, so juvenile and such a real shame.

So I am going to leave the reader with two thoughts. Then they can do their own research, as they should.

1) Why were the Luna Lander's legs approximately 18" too long? (Not enough depth of moon dust as expected?)
2) The following information about Dr. Martin.
[https://answersingenesis.org/store/product/incredible-creatures-defy-evolution-1/?sku=30-9-017]

The Incredible Creatures That Defy Evolution series enters the fascinating world of animals to reveal sophisticated and complex designs that shake the traditional foundations of evolutionary theory.

This series features Dr. Jobe Martin, who for the past 20 years, has been exploring evolution vs. creation. His findings have been fascinating students around the world as he lectures on these remarkable animal designs that cannot be explained by traditional evolution.

Dr. Martin himself was a traditional evolutionist, but his medical and scientific training would go through an evolution, rather a revolution when he began to study animals that challenged the scientific assumptions of his education. This was the beginning of the evolution of a creationist.

• Are there really creatures that produce fire to defend themselves?
  • How does a giraffe get a drink without causing lethal blood pressure to his brain?
  • How can geckos walk upside down, even on glass and not fall?

This program features:

• Bombardier Beetle
  • Giraffe
  • Woodpecker
  • Australian Incubator Bird
  • The Chicken Egg
  • Platypus
  • Black & Yellow Garden Spider
  • Gecko & Chuckwalla Lizards
  • Human Eye & Ear Drum

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Many who have been deceived by evolution and by society don't like Ken Ham. 

He totally silenced everyone who was willing to debate with him,  including Phds, doctorates, experts etc ....

His message, as far as was seen years ago at least, was wonderful and pertinent and CHRISTIANS DELIGHTED IN THE TRUTH !

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/dinosaurs-and-the-bible/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

""This kind of rhetoric, which emphasizes" the need to eliminate one group of people to preserve the "purity" of another, is extraordinarily dangerous. "

quote of a statement in a book I can't get,  about Kaiser and his 'religion'.

In other sites, Kaiser (and I think his school also)  is recognized as a false teacher. 

Instead of derailing this thread though, look online (whoever's interested).

Ken Ham passed all the tests of Scripture.  Kaiser did not/does not/ .  Neither does Ross as noted:

Details

Ten programs plus bonus commentary in this DVD 5-pack!

This series of debates is must-viewing for all Christian leaders. It includes ten 25-minute segments on 5 DVDs and an exclusive bonus commentary track by geology historian Dr. Terry Mortenson.

Ken Ham, AiG president, is perhaps the most widely recognized creation-apologist in the world today. In this 5-disk set of DVDs, he and AiG astrophysicist Dr. Jason Lisle engage Drs. Hugh Ross (Reasons to Believe) and Walt Kaiser (president of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary), both of whom are proponents of an old earth, no-global-flood view of Bible interpretation. In this eye-opening debate, well-mannered disagreement is punctuated by intriguing confrontations as these four Christian leaders communicate their views. Ham and Lisle implore Ross and Kaiser to accept the Genesis account of history as written, while Ross and Kaiser argue for their view that the first chapters of Genesis are more symbolism than history.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

This is totally true.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I watched a Debate on Science and the Bible with Ken Ham and astrophysicist Dr. Jason Lisle of Answers in Genesis, debating astrophysicist Dr. Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe, and Dr. Walter Kaiser, distinguished professor of Old Testament and President of Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary on The John Ankerberg Show. 

:groan:  I watched this debate some time ago...it was a Belly Laugher.  I was so disgusted with Ankerberg's 'BIASED' handling of the debate, I fired off a poignant email deconstructing him then tore into "Mr. Moon Fossils" Hugh Ross :rolleyes: , singling out MANY of his Trainwreck Claims and Step by Step taking them to the Woodshed!!!  "Mr. Moon Fossils" ...of which he recently doubled down on his Mind Numbing Ludicrous claim by stating "Quadrillion Moon Fossils"...wouldn't know what ACTUAL "Science" was if it landed on his head and Whistled Dixie!!!  I wouldn't trust him if he told me the air pressure in his tires!!!

"Dr." Walter Kaiser would get embarrassed by a your average 3rd Grade Sunday School Attendee.  smh 

ps. Ankerberg or his staff didn't respond.  They're not that dumb after-all.

Ross and Kaiser destroyed whatever credibility Ken Ham came in with and Dr. Jason Lisle pretty much kept quiet being overwhelmed by Ross and Kaiser.

R-Ya-Kiddin Me?  I'm no Ken Ham follower but your "Take" is a Tear Jerk'n Belly Laugher. 

Please people, find this video and come to your own conclusions.  If you can 'Fog A Mirror', it won't be anything close to this trainwreck review.

I think Dr. Lisle was Shell-Shocked that these men who call themselves "Christians" were actually saying what they were saying. <_<

That is my opinion watching the televised debate.

You'll forgive us if we take it with a MOUNTAIN of SALT!

oy vey

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

20 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

:groan:  I watched this debate some time ago...it was a Belly Laugher.

hahahahahahahahaha- halleluYAH !   JOYOUSNESS REJOICING CONTINUALLY  in the MORNING,  EVENING and DAYTIME !    IN TRUTH in JESUS in YAHWEH !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/11/2017 at 5:45 AM, KiwiChristian said:

For me, one of the main reasons i believe in God is the sheer impossibility of the alternative.

In addition, given all the lifeless space, this planet is quite exceptional. It would take 30,000 years to get to the next star.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2017 at 12:45 PM, simplejeff said:

He totally silenced everyone who was willing to debate with him,  including Phds, doctorates, experts etc ....

His message, as far as was seen years ago at least, was wonderful and pertinent and CHRISTIANS DELIGHTED IN THE TRUTH !

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/dinosaurs-and-the-bible/

I used to think that as well.  The story of Jesus turning water to wine illustrates
that "wine" for example, is aged.   So there is no reason to "Scientifically" support
a young earth.   Spiritually....there is no problem with the message that Adam was 
the first human possessing the breath of life.  God doesn't really focus on the lives
of animals. 

Edited by SkyWriting

On 11/15/2017 at 10:58 AM, Justin Adams said:

We do know about precession rates; that the moon cannot be dated more than about 10,000 years ago, else it would have been almost touching earth if it was much longer ago than that.  

One of the reasons I am no longer a YE creationist
is that I asked Creationist James Irwin, face to face,
about the age of the moon and the amount of dust. 
His answer was that it was not young.  I trust his judgment
over any others who have not been there. It's not an outing
one takes lightly. 

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 11/18/2017 at 3:04 AM, SkyWriting said:

In addition, given all the lifeless space, this planet is quite exceptional. It would take 30,000 years to get to the next star.

And, just a little closer to or further away from the sun and we've had it!