• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Calvinism is false teaching.  That's not rude. That's fact.   If we were talking about JWs or Mormons, it would not be rude to tell them they are believing something not in Scripture.  Calvinism is no different.

Don't you believe Calvinist are saved as they accepted Jesus like we did? I don,t agree with the doctrine but the people are saved.  

I just don't like to see all the bickering,we,re Christians and people do have the right to agree or disagree what do non Christians think if they see how we treat each other ?

Love you both and maybe I sit in the middle when we are at the supper table? 

I respect you both ....we,re one in Christ :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, angels4u said:

Don't you believe Calvinist are saved as they accepted Jesus like we did? I don,t agree with the doctrine but the people are saved.  

I just don't like to see all the bickering,we,re Christians and people do have the right to agree or disagree what do non Christians think if they see how we treat each other ?

Love you both and maybe I sit in the middle when we are at the supper table? 

I respect you both ....we,re one in Christ :)

I am not saying anyone isn't saved in this case.  I think Word of Faith people are saved, but believe false teaching; gross false teaching.   Calvinism, is false teaching.  That doesn't mean that everyone who is Reformed is unsaved.   The five points of Calvinism are not found in Scripture, pure and simple.  

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not saying anyone isn't saved in this case.  I think Word of Faith people are saved, but believe false teaching; gross false teaching.   Calvinism, is false teaching.  That doesn't mean that everyone who is Reformed is unsaved.   The five points of Calvinism are not found in Scripture, pure and simple.  

I agree with this. I do hold a lot of Calvinists as saved Christians. But I don't hold to Calvinism. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

10 hours ago, angels4u said:

Shiloh you are very rude, in my opinion what you do is unacceptable ,can you not agree to disagree with somebody who is a Calvinist? If Jesus would come on the forum and read all of of this would he say"Well done?

Why not accept each other for who we are ,you do know that Calvinist are your brothers and someday you live with them everyday :)

Would it be much if we agree to disagree in done things and let God do the rest?

You might not think so but you've just caused another level of division. This often happens in disagreements:

You have two parties that disagree about an issue. Then you get the people who for whatever reason jump into the disagreement saying that everybody should accept one another and not disagree. You have now set yourself up as a third party arguing against passionate disagreement, which will be met by a fourth party who says that without theological disagreement one cannot weigh the merits of doctrine and in that way grow in knowledge and truth. So instead of a two-way discussion between Calvinism and Arminianism there is now four way discussion between Calvinism, Arminianism, those who think that doctrine is worth fighting for and those who think we should all just get along and not worry about doctrine.

At the end of the day, there was a single trouble-maker in this thread, namely the OP, who managed to be a catalyst for a 4 way argument between long-time members of this forum who are all passionate about whatever their p.o.v. is, whether is be a theological doctrine, or social concern , such as not disagreeing.

I guess I'm a little disappointed that everybody's just too darn lazy to investigate what went on in this thread. The ideal outcome here isn't a moratorium on passionate discussion and an artificial peace at the expense of truth, but that the individuals who cause trouble be talked to. 

Edited by LuftWaffle

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

Shiloh you are very rude, in my opinion what you do is unacceptable ,can you not agree to disagree with somebody who is a Calvinist? If Jesus would come on the forum and read all of of this would he say"Well done?

Why not accept each other for who we are ,you do know that Calvinist are your brothers and someday you live with them everyday :)

Would it be much if we agree to disagree in done things and let God do the rest?

Well Shiloh , now I do have to apologize to you for what I said you were not rude ,what happened is that I didn't read the whole thread and thought you told Omega that he did not,t listen to you and luftwaffle not realizing he,s another members thought for some reason that you were talking about the German luftwaffle (military) so I hope you can forgive me? Sorry brother ,I will delete the comments I made  ... 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

18 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Well Shiloh , now I do have to apologize to you for what I said you were not rude ,what happened is that I didn't read the whole thread and thought you told Omega that he did not,t listen to you and luftwaffle not realizing he,s another members thought for some reason that you were talking about the German luftwaffle (military) so I hope you can forgive me? Sorry brother ,I will delete the comments I made  ... 

I actually need to change my nickname because it was a silly joke about pancakes, but now with politics being what it is, I'm doing myself a disservice by having this association.

• Haha 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, angels4u said:

I was not offended at you, Angels.  You are always one of my favorite members on the boards.  I have no hard feelings.  All is forgiven.  :) 

4 hours ago, LuftWaffle said:

I actually need to change my nickname because it was a silly joke about pancakes, but now with politics being what it is, I'm doing myself a disservice by having this association.

I should have read the whole conversation .....God bless you! :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/20/2017 at 3:16 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Christian Apologist the late Dave Hunt debated Calvinist Apologist Dr. James White regarding OSAS.  James White is generally believed to have won the debate.  What does that prove? 

It proves that Hunt is preaching a false gospel of salvation by works, a very serious problem.

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, Robert William said:

It proves that Hunt is preaching a false gospel of salvation by works, a very serious problem.

That is not true.  Hunt teaches salvation by grace through faith and not by works.

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/what-gods-plan-salvation

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/do-we-have-work-our-salvation