Chrysala1891

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  0

I know this may sound strange, but I hate the idea of accountability because I don't like the idea of being guilty or responsible for anything. When my urges, genetic predispositions or impulses are blamed, it wipes my slate clean, it makes me innocent and blameless. Taking responsibility does not alleviate one's guilt--it solidifies it. And I don't want that.......

I just don't see accountability as helpful to me at all. I see it as accusatory, relentless, judgmental and unapologetic. It's more of an insult to me......

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people agree otherwise.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

I know this may sound strange, but I hate the idea of accountability because I don't like the idea of being guilty or responsible for anything. When my urges, genetic predispositions or impulses are blamed, it wipes my slate clean, it makes me innocent and blameless. Taking responsibility does not alleviate one's guilt--it solidifies it. And I don't want that.......

I just don't see accountability as helpful to me at all. I see it as accusatory, relentless, judgmental and unapologetic. It's more of an insult to me......

We all are responsible for our actions.  No excuses.

James 1:12-15 " Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.  But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.  Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death."

James 5:19-20  "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  5.06

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So in other words, you want to be able to do things that are potentially harmful to yourself and others, without having to face any consequences for your actions.  You can't blame your actions on some supposed genetic makeup or your urges or impulses.  All those things are controllable and having them as a convenient crutch to blame your lack of will power on does not absolve you of bad behavior, nor does it wipe the slate clean.  What you don't want to have is self-control and any personal responsibility.  

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with no self-control and responsibility? How does it hurt me? It can't hurt me or any other perpetrator THAT much, 'cause if it did, we wouldn't do it. I think the real victims are those who are affected by my actions, even though I don't intend to hurt people.

And no, I don't just want no self-control or responsibility--I want to be blameless--to be a victim--to be innocent. Why would anybody want to be guilty?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

8 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

If you said one lie then you are guilty of  all Law -James 2:10

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Untill you see yourself as sinner who deserve to go to hell because of sinning against God , then you can't be saved . You are alredy mature enought because you came to this site for answers.

God said

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You can't pay yourself price  for sinning against God , you can't tell your mom or dad or priest in church to pray for you so you can go to heaven.

Psalms 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

God himself said that he will give himself as offer for sin.

Psalms 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Gospel of Salvation is here 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus Christ died in your place for your sins according to hunders of prophecy in Bible , you can find them here to prove who he is  http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

If you believe in him you are sealed forever with Holy Spirit , he will dwell inside of you .

Ephesians 1:13-14

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

And it is free gift of God , not by any works you can do , not by prayer not by going to church not by charity not by fasting not by loving him .

You fast , share with poor , repent from sin ,go to church and do many wonderful works in his name because you love him for what he has done for you , not to get saved .

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Peter 1:18-19

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Because it is free gift , all you have to do it accept Jesus for what he has done for you . Time to grow up , make decision right now don't leave it for tommorow , you are not guaranteed to wake up tommorow , price has been paid you don't have to do any thing other than believing . Love you bye

Edited by Amazing Horse

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

So, would you want to be on teh receiving end of that logic?   I mean, can someone mug you on the street, or break into your house/apartment and steal your stuff and simply blame it on "urges"  and you will seek no justice on the matter?   They simply get off free and clear from hurting you since it was just their urges/impulses.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

18 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with no self-control and responsibility? How does it hurt me? It can't hurt me or any other perpetrator THAT much, 'cause if it did, we wouldn't do it. I think the real victims are those who are affected by my actions, even though I don't intend to hurt people.

And no, I don't just want no self-control or responsibility--I want to be blameless--to be a victim--to be innocent. Why would anybody want to be guilty?

No one wants to be guilty, of course. But the question is whether we are or not. If the Bible is true and sin is sin, then we're guilty, regardless of our feelings on the matter. No one wants to have cancer, but "I don't want to have cancer, what's wrong with not wanting to be sick?" wouldn't be the appropriate response to a diagnosis of leukemia. If you've got it, you've got it. You can only talk about not wanting to be guilty if you go in assuming there are no absolute morals or right and wrong in the first place. If there is absolute right and wrong, then our not wanting to be guilty won't make us any less so.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 9/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, Chrysandra said:

Many people might feel that way at a certain age or in certain conditions. At the same time people change, make bad mistakes, take responsibility in their own families. So what you describe is not forever. All is changing. May be you feel proud of your predisposition at the moment? I met many students like you when I was a teacher and I never tried to get on their nerves. I did not correct them. Life itself is the best teacher in most cases. There is one question I want to ask. Have you met any people who are like you? I mean friends. Do you like them?

Wishing you all the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

My Dear Sister,

Even the natural world is accountable. Take the Law of Gravity for instance. Those who choose to ignore it or disbelieve it are doomed to a life of pain....or a very short life at the end of a very long fall. If you drop a hammer in the vicinity of your feet, but do not believe in gravity, you will undoubtedly feel pain in a second when the hammer smashes your toe. If you take a step off a high cliff, whether you believe in gravity or not, gravity will cause consequences that are pretty much irreparable. Now whether you stepped off the cliff accidentally or because of one of your urges, gravity will hold you accountable for what happens next.

As others have stated very eloquently, God is the same. Whether you believe in Him or not, He believes in you and He chose to hold Himself accountable for you in His Word, the Bible. He made an offer to you of His only Son, so that you could be free from accountability to sin and death. Those who believe in Jesus give up their accountability to death (separation from God for eternity) in order to exchange it for accountability to Jesus Christ (who is life for eternity). Yes, it means there are things you no longer do. But it also means that by confessing your sin and guilt, Jesus can wash it away and apply His righteousness so that you are no longer guilty. As Scripture says, He removes sins away from us as far as the East is from the West.

Soooooo, if you really want to be free from sin and guilt, the eternal way to do it is to accept Jesus and choose to be accountable to Him.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Well said No124get1952.......

the eternal way to do it is to accept Jesus and choose to be accountable to Him.

:amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2