• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

The australian aborigine being aware does not dictate reality.

Consider the ouija board.  It is used to beckon spirits(familiar); it is a physical object that is demonic in nature.

Experiencing demonic spirits in ones home would change your mind. I hope that it never happens to you.

Demons do attach themselves to objects as a means of entry. Demons can make a music box start playing and a glass slide to the edge of a shelf and drop to the floor! These things happen to people who are not dabbling in dark arts.

These things do happen to one who has things in their past of  occultic background . One is usually either not saved at all or they are one that is a rebellious lukewarm christian.

I personally have seen a Ouija board puck move itself.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

It seems the early church was way more focused on doing what was pleasing to GOD

instead of recreating a god found pleasing to man.  

1 minute ago, other one said:

I personally have seen a Ouija board puck move itself.

So have I. I was a little girl that didnt know any better than to play with it.

If I were to adhere to OneLights definition whereas he says

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I enjoy a good game of cards.  I like to whittle sticks.  I climb cliffs and I drink tea.  It is not the item that is to be avoided, it is the evilness one uses them in that should be avoided.

I would not be a wise gal :)

I wasnt using the  board for evil at least I didnt think I was at the time. I was like 10! I thought I was talking to my mamaw! I was ignorant of the implications (spiritual realm attached to it super naturally) but that didnt change what happened! Evil spirits travel with the ouija board. It is used for demonic practices.

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

True but the principle is the same and for that reason I maybe should not continue this discussion as many weaker consciences are involved.

Weaker consciences? Dont resort to insults bro. It is beneath you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

17 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

"When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God." (Deuteronomy 18:9-14) 

I have been shocked to learn how many people communicate with their dead parents or relatives.  It is widely believed by both Catholics and protestants that this opens the door to demonic oppression.  It is widely practiced in Mexico, Yugoslavia, and many other countries where the church does not admonish the people not to do this, even though the Catholic Encyclopedia says such practices are banned.  Even "Got Questions"  strongly warns against it, as does Scripture.  

I have to wonder how many have dabbled in the occult that complain of demon possession or oppression.  My friend was in the habit of visiting her parents' graves and talking to them, even asking for their advice.  She also has had horrific demonic nightmares that caused her to be so terrified she dreaded going to sleep, and even drank herself to sleep.  I am sure that the two are related and am praying for an opportunity to tell her when she might be able to receive it.  So far she just thinks I don't respect her for doing it and won't discuss it more.

I have encountered people on Worthy who think communication with or praying to their dead relatives is normal and they assume every Christian must be doing this!  Then they wonder why they suffer from depression and can't hear from God.   May God have mercy on us.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Paul often mentions weaker consciences, we are not to use our freedoms to trample on them. Besides I mentioned no one personally, it was a ‘just in case’ statement. Thank you for judging my motive.

The comment speaks for itself and IMHO classifies certain people who dont see things as you do doesnt it?    I usually agree with you on most everything. In this case;I dont.  I wasnt taking a jab at you. I guess I didnt like the implication. You arent infallible nor is anyone including me. What happened to your thick skin?

I am perplexed how this conversation is trampling on anyone. Im not fighting with ya I really am not.

Your comment seemed a tad haughty to me as if opposing opinions are weaker.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

It just seems to me some people are acting as if there is nothing that exists that is spiritually dangerous and I think that is a very foolish attitude & a grave error.

I do too!

1 hour ago, Willa said:

I have been shocked to learn how many people communicate with their dead parents or relatives.  It is widely believed by both Catholics and protestants that this opens the door to demonic oppression.  It is widely practiced in Mexico, Yugoslavia, and many other countries where the church does not admonish the people not to do this, even though the Catholic Encyclopedia says such practices are banned.  Even "Got Questions"  strongly warns against it, as does Scripture.  

I have to wonder how many have dabbled in the occult that complain of demon possession or oppression.  My friend was in the habit of visiting her parents' graves and talking to them, even asking for their advice.  She also has had horrific demonic nightmares that caused her to be so terrified she dreaded going to sleep, and even drank herself to sleep.  I am sure that the two are related and am praying for an opportunity to tell her when she might be able to receive it.  So far she just thinks I don't respect her for doing it and won't discuss it more.

I have encountered people on Worthy who think communication with or praying to their dead relatives is normal and they assume every Christian must be doing this!  Then they wonder why they suffer from depression and can't hear from God.   May God have mercy on us.

Why is it shocking?

Has your journey with the LORD been error free?

If one is truly reborn of the spirit;God will bring them out of the error! He is the author and finisher of our faith. Christ said those whom the Father gives him ,will never be taken from him. 

Entertaining familiar spirits is born out of ignorance. It is born out of one not filling themselves with the word which teaches us the way to walk.

Talking about theses things on the forums is profitable to those who are still in bondage to the error!!

God uses all kinds of things to put his children through the fire.

This is just one example. We learn through our valleys and not our mountaintops.

May God have mercy on those who dont speak up!

Together we are the body of Christ. Iron sharpens iron.

( This post is for the benefit of others. In the past, I have never been acknowledged when replying to willa. I  suspect she will ignore me again)

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I would have been jumped on for insulting for a comment like that but you got affirmed lol.

I already explained to you that I wasnt arguing or "jumping on" you. I agree with Davida. I didnt agree with you!

Whats new on the forums? It is a place where opposing points of view get together and get offended or just discuss.