• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Hi, that is interesting we are in the same area somewhat.

Little Bangladesh is on 3rd Street and West of Vermont Ave.   It extends about 5 blocks or so.   Many Muslims there, walking as well as the shops' and cafes' owners.  You might try The Kabob House on 3rd, just West of Vermont....they have a parking lot.  Haven't been there lately but I think they are still there.

I love the chicken curry, chicken masala and tandoori chicken.  The price is reasonable, too.    Let me know if you go there.

Thanks for the location of Little Bangladesh. I didn't know where it was exactly. I don't start as a volunteer for about another 2-3 weeks but I'll try out the Kabob House when I'm there. I love curry chicken too btw.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Thanks for the location of Little Bangladesh. I didn't know where it was exactly. I don't start as a volunteer for about another 2-3 weeks but I'll try out the Kabob House when I'm there. I love curry chicken too btw.

Look forward to hearing about your visit there!

On 10/22/2017 at 8:48 PM, Debp said:

Look forward to hearing about your visit there!

Is that place the Biriyani Kabob House in the photo below? If so, I was wondering if you know what the dish in the second photo is call? It looks yummy, I'm tempted to try it when I go there. :)

Kabob House.jpg

beef-b-750x534.jpg

33 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Is that place the Biriyani Kabob House in the photo below? If so, I was wondering if you know what the dish in the second photo is call? It looks yummy, I'm tempted to try it when I go there. :)

Kabob House.jpg

beef-b-750x534.jpg

Hi, that setting for the restaurant doesn't look familiar...unless they moved their location.   I am not sure what the dish is...I love Indian food, introduced to me by my Bangladesh friends!

19 minutes ago, Debp said:

Hi, that setting for the restaurant doesn't look familiar...unless they moved their location.   I am not sure what the dish is...I love Indian food, introduced to me by my Bangladesh friends!

Well now it's a good thing I asked because when I googled kabob house in Los Anegeles, I came up with at least 10 different places.

Dream kabob house

La Cienega kabob house

Limestone kabob house

Caravan kabob house

Afghan kabob house

De Afghanan kabob house

Mediterranean kabob house

Shish kabob house

Kohinoor kabob house

Sofreh kabob house

I did however noticed a lot of Muslims in the area of little Bangladesh.

22 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Well now it's a good thing I asked because when I googled kabob house in Los Anegeles, I came up with at least 10 different places.

Dream kabob house

La Cienega kabob house

Limestone kabob house

Caravan kabob house

Afghan kabob house

De Afghanan kabob house

Mediterranean kabob house

Shish kabob house

Kohinoor kabob house

Sofreh kabob house

I did however noticed a lot of Muslims in the area of little Bangladesh.

Lol.  I called The Kabob House and they said they are still on 3rd, just West of Vermont Ave.  They are next to the gas station.

Did you drive or walk around Little Bangladesh?  There is also a Little India located in Artesia.

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Lol.  I called The Kabob House and they said they are still on 3rd, just West of Vermont Ave.  They are next to the gas station.

Did you drive or walk around Little Bangladesh?  There is also a Little India located in Artesia.

No I haven't been down there yet. All I did was googled "kabob house in Los Angeles." It gave me a list of places and that one looked like the closest one to 3rd and Vermont. Honestly I haven't been that area in more than 20 years but from the looks of it on google map, I also noticed several other indian and middle eastern restaurants in the area. Nice to see Los Angeles becoming more diverse. I'm not sure if I'm willing to drive down to Artesia for indian food unless you're paying. :D

19 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

No I haven't been down there yet. All I did was googled "kabob house in Los Angeles." It gave me a list of places and that one looked like the closest one to 3rd and Vermont. Honestly I haven't been that area in more than 20 years but from the looks of it on google map, I also noticed several other indian and middle eastern restaurants in the area. Nice to see Los Angeles becoming more diverse. I'm not sure if I'm willing to drive down to Artesia for indian food unless you're paying. :D

Oh, I thought you went there as you said you noticed alot of Muslims in Little Bangladesh.  Anyhow, the website is www.biriyanikabobhouse.com. I think that dish you liked is beef biriyani.  Biriyani is a rice dish.

For people living in Los Angeles, going to places like Little Bangladesh could be a ministry....get to know some people there and who knows what may come?

I went to a church that really pushed mission trips every year to their young people.  They would spend alot of money on airfares, etc, and many of them would go to China, Cambodia, Philippines, Guatemala and elsewhere.   Nearly the whole church would go to Guatemala for missions for only one week and they didn't speak Spanish.

However, when I asked the young pastor if any of them had visited Little Bangladesh about 3 blocks North of the church....he said no!  This doesn't make sense....we have the world coming to our neighborhoods, but some people won't reach out to these people....but they will fly across the ocean to reach out.

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Oh, I thought you went there as you said you noticed alot of Muslims in Little Bangladesh.  Anyhow, the website is www.biriyanikabobhouse.com. I think that dish you liked is beef biriyani.  Biriyani is a rice dish.

Yeah that comment I made when I said I noticed a lot of Muslims in the area of Little Bangladesh could be misinterpreted as having been there. But it was on google map I saw the words "Muslim Community." I don't see that often but that's how I knew.

I've never seen what Bangladesh and Pakistani foods looks like and have very little knowledge of Indian food. So are the Biriyani dishes Indian food? And is that usually the name for their rice dishes? 

1 hour ago, Debp said:

However, when I asked the young pastor if any of them had visited Little Bangladesh about 3 blocks North of the church....he said no!  This doesn't make sense....we have the world coming to our neighborhoods, but some people won't reach out to these people....but they will fly across the ocean to reach out.

Do you know if the pastor knew about the existence of Little Bangladesh? I didn't knew it existed myself till you mentioned it.

I also didn't find out until last year about a place called "The Grove." It's also on 3rd street just 2 miles west of Little Bangladesh and it's been around for 15 years. It looks like a nice place, have you been there?  

22 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Yeah that comment I made when I said I noticed a lot of Muslims in the area of Little Bangladesh could be misinterpreted as having been there. But it was on google map I saw the words "Muslim Community." I don't see that often but that's how I knew.

I've never seen what Bangladesh and Pakistani foods looks like and have very little knowledge of Indian food. So are the Biriyani dishes Indian food? And is that usually the name for their rice dishes? 

Do you know if the pastor knew about the existence of Little Bangladesh? I didn't knew it existed myself till you mentioned it.

I also didn't find out until last year about a place called "The Grove." It's also on 3rd street just 2 miles west of Little Bangladesh and it's been around for 15 years. It looks like a nice place, have you been there?  

I think Bangladesh, Pakistani and Indian foods are all similar.  My Bangladesh friends call the food Indian food.  I think Biriyani are the rice dishes.

Well, maybe the pastor didn't know about Little Bangladesh...but since the church was so close to it, I thought he knew.  I mentioned going there and thought it would be nice for them to do that sometimes for dinner after church...as outreach as well as for the food.  It was a Korean church and they only would go to the Korean food court at the Korean mall.  They tend to stick together alot.

Yes, have been to The Grove...lovely open-air mall with a small lake, sculptures and landscaping.  It's similar to The Americana in Glendale.

• Thanks 1