IGNORED

I have the feeling of doubt about being saved(testimony included)

MyLordsServant

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I think you want to be in a right relationship with God and confirm your salvation.  The only confirmation that i know of is if you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and you have asked him to come in and let him sit at the throne of your heart and be your Lord and saviour and confess this with your tongue.  You believe this, then you will see change in your life and you have to persevere in life's trials that would come as you strive to live Christlike.  Take your time and you have brothers and sisters here you can seek advice and help as you go along.  

Water baptism is your testimony to the world that you have declared that Jesus Christ is Lord .  If you are looking for some feelings or that sort to confirm the Holy spirit is with you, then i am not sure if that would be the case as it is not with me.  It is more of a intuition when i do things and a personal walk as only i a have experienced.  I guess  everyone here would have to share their light on their explanation of the Holy Spirit in  their lives.     The Bible states that the Holy Spirit, would come in as a teacher in your christian walk.  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I guess I feel it seems it's too easy to be saved, which is simply by believing. Some people say I need to baptize, which I plan on doing. But if I've already repented, what will it do for me?  For Christ says, John baptized with water, but I baptize with the spirit. If I have accepted Jesus then I have the spirit? Will I get the spirit after baptism? Or do I  have it now, without knowing. Does it come with out a great entrance into me? For it's written, all we need to be saved is the Holy Spirit and to believe in Jesus. 

Having reviewed my life over, the sister and parents thing, was the only thing I could find that I still needed to overcome(which I have now). I feel like my heart has been opened, but that's it. Reading the bible, every circumstance involving the Holy Spirit, resulted in great appearances. "A great wind blew and they all had the spirit". Or when they spoke in tongues. 

I've asked countless times from the father, to give me the Holy Spirit, but then I doubt thinking, what if I already have it. Now I look foolish for asking. I've sincerely done everything as stated in my testimony. I feel as though I should feel something even greater. Since I was saved, I believe I have committed no sins(that I'm aware of). Other than be prideful in my heart for a split second, which I repented for.

How do I know if my name is written in the book of life? I've asked these things in my contemplative prayers, but nothing has been revealed. Is it because I still lack something? 

Another thing I worry greatly about, is what small sins I may not notice, that will earn me the lake of fire. The video I watched: I seen a testimony...by a pastor who died for 3 days, who was sent to look at heaven then hell. The angel showing him said, "you would have been sent here(hell) if you were to die today. Because you didn't forgive your wife". Even if this story isn't true, the principle is. That over such a small thing, anything, we can lose our eternal life.

Hi, and okay, along with the many rules individuals will throw out there for you to have to follow, or else, I start with the thought that God is far more generous to all the saints than the saints are to each other. I will address the number 333 but first I suggest that you are living under a burden not necessary for you to carry. You have been given  by a video perhaps and by well meaning individuals peoples rules for God. People do not put God in a box successfully. They sure try  but no, for God is the maker of all things. He needs not the fences people establish around him trying to be the Shepherd's shepherds themselves building their own folds for their sheep.

So enough of that caution about the well meaning, but overly enthusiastic of their own talents and insights. Besides I have my own to offer- Ha!

1, You will know your salvation by your works, just as your works will result from your salvation. That is evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Your works will not save you, for  they are not causative, but instead are conclusive in nature.

2. God has stated  He has known- he has foreknown, and He has predestined, all that He has given to Jesus, and that Jesus does not lose a one.-From before the beginning you have been known to God. Further God is not a trickster. God is not going to ever mislead you,  try to trip you up. He instead has loved you beyond our mutual capacity  to understand it's depth other than in our own terms of our limited capacity to love..Is His love conditional? What do you have to do to earn His love? Can it be earned? Or is  it totally the will of God that He loves whom He loves?

3. Numbers are throughout creation, and throughout the Bible. Understanding numbers as found within the Bible is useful for gaining wisdom. How does any person tell you you cannot seek meaning in 333 and yet tell you to seek out 666 because the Bible tells you there is wisdom in doing so?

4. God has used the existing characteristics of each of His servants. He does not change the personality to make that personality outstanding.  He seems rather to deliberately use those of some flawed personality, some flawed characteristic, so that the work  done through  them  is known to be  a miracle of God. God is to get the Glory, not any  of his creation. Did Moses become eloquent? No, God made it possible  through yet another to carry Moses with his deficiency still intact, to demonstrate the awesomeness that is God. 

5.Be confident in God, and do not worry the worries of any other man about your faith, your manner of worship, nor your prayer types, times, or whether they are aloud or silent. God already knows your prayer anyway as the Holy Spirit within you and is God. The Holy Spirit may even  pray when you cannot. It happens to some often, and to others very seldom, in a manner that they recognize. I suspect if you are  kinda demanding of God that He give you signs, you will have to be content with the sign of Jonah alone. But, if you relax and accept the faith of Jesus, his Gospel, without demanding the trappings of it  for apparel to display and admire, even by yourself,  you may find God gives you  that which is faith's quiet reward - inner peace.

Worry less be patient with yourself in your learning, the pace will change there will be sprints and long slower jogs. The joy of this hard race itself is in the finishing of it well. 

May God grant you much peace in  the faith of Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, and okay, along with the many rules individuals will throw out there for you to have to follow, or else, I start with the thought that God is far more generous to all the saints than the saints are to each other. I will address the number 333 but first I suggest that you are living under a burden not necessary for you to carry. You have been given  by a video perhaps and by well meaning individuals peoples rules for God. People do not put God in a box successfully. They sure try  but no, for God is the maker of all things. He needs not the fences people establish around him trying to be the Shepherd's shepherds themselves building their own folds for their sheep.

So enough of that caution about the well meaning, but overly enthusiastic of their own talents and insights. Besides I have my own to offer- Ha!

1, You will know your salvation by your works, just as your works will result from your salvation. That is evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Your works will not save you, for  they are not causative, but instead are conclusive in nature.

2. God has stated  He has known- he has foreknown, and He has predestined, all that He has given to Jesus, and that Jesus does not lose a one.-From before the beginning you have been known to God. Further God is not a trickster. God is not going to ever mislead you,  try to trip you up. He instead has loved you beyond our mutual capacity  to understand it's depth other than in our own terms of our limited capacity to love..Is His love conditional? What do you have to do to earn His love? Can it be earned? Or is  it totally the will of God that He loves whom He loves?

3. Numbers are throughout creation, and throughout the Bible. Understanding numbers as found within the Bible is useful for gaining wisdom. How does any person tell you you cannot seek meaning in 333 and yet tell you to seek out 666 because the Bible tells you there is wisdom in doing so?

4. God has used the existing characteristics of each of His servants. He does not change the personality to make that personality outstanding.  He seems rather to deliberately use those of some flawed personality, some flawed characteristic, so that the work  done through  them  is known to be  a miracle of God. God is to get the Glory, not any  of his creation. Did Moses become eloquent? No, God made it possible  through yet another to carry Moses with his deficiency still intact, to demonstrate the awesomeness that is God. 

5.Be confident in God, and do not worry the worries of any other man about your faith, your manner of worship, nor your prayer types, times, or whether they are aloud or silent. God already knows your prayer anyway as the Holy Spirit within you and is God. The Holy Spirit may even  pray when you cannot. It happens to some often, and to others very seldom, in a manner that they recognize. I suspect if you are  kinda demanding of God that He give you signs, you will have to be content with the sign of Jonah alone. But, if you relax and accept the faith of Jesus, his Gospel, without demanding the trappings of it  for apparel to display and admire, even by yourself,  you may find God gives you  that which is faith's quiet reward - inner peace.

Worry less be patient with yourself in your learning, the pace will change there will be sprints and long slower jogs. The joy of this hard race itself is in the finishing of it well. 

May God grant you much peace in  the faith of Jesus.

Thank you! That's all I needed to hear.

I like your point in #3, it's quite true. Jeremiah 3:33 "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

May God bless you tenfold.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Some people will knock down other people's advice and warnings because they don't know any better. 

No need to assume someones opinion overtook your own. Other opinions are no better or worse than yours.

If anything, he(neighbor) did the right thing, and actually answered my questions. All you had to offer was your criticism. I stated my beliefs and testimony in my post, and you partially ignored them and redundantly repeated criticisms. You did offer some reasoning to start, but veered quickly. "You are kidding yourself if you think you can have Jesus and keep these demonic teachings at the same time.  This is the cause of your fears. " "That stuff you are clinging to is from new age and occult websites- that  is where you have gotten those ideas"

I already claimed not to follow demonic teachings, that I do not cling to them. Why do you persist that I do? I'm here asking Christian related questions, not about demonic teachings. The only reason I brought it up was that someone asked about my name, and since you have not ceased. God can communicate in anyway he pleases. Not only through the Bible. If he can speak through dreams, people, objects. I'm sure he can speak through numbers. If he can speak through a donkey, or a burning bush of all things, then do not doubt his power for other things. As for my name, it has no demonic significance to me, nor the meaning your Google research suggested. 

I'm sure your intentions are sincere, but if you cannot accept my words, that I have left it all behind and only focus on Jesus. Then my friend, you need to be more attentive to others' needs, before wanting to hear your own words.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

You are welcome.

However, now we can have some debate as to whether numbers in verses such as 3:33 have anything at all to do with God, or have more to do with a traveling cleric from the thirteenth century. Hebrew tradition divides differently than  does our typical  "Christian" concept of the OT too. And you will find the 23rd Psalm is the 22nd Psalm in Roman Catholic Bibles.

The numbers I find to be fascinating are the sequences of words and themes that repeat, and tend to project a consistent theme when they do. Or even acrostics like Psalm 119 a masterful  and powerful display of God.

As to  the number three, it is obvious how it repeats and bears a theme as it does within the Bible.  And you can play around with three- You can add 3+3+3 and get a number used to represent  new spirit ( 9)  or completion with in the Bible. You can multiple 3X3X3 and look for 27 and see a preaching of the gospel association. You can  look for 300, 30  and 3 as well. But 3:33, I don't know if I want to buy into  that for it (IMO) is the work of man  more than  a consistant theme in the Bible. Though God has always foreknown that someone would number that  verse and it would be generally 3:33 I guess.

Anyway it is fun to see of it, and try to decide is it  part of the marvel of God or it is a bit contrived and forced to fit.

Somehow 11:11 always catches my eye. Even in my sleep if a digital count clicks 11:11 I awaken. I haven't considered it as anything of scripture, just that it  alwys grabs my attention. It is like the room goes darker when the clock displays 11:11 and I notice that change. Very weird I know.

Edited by Neighbor

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Somehow 11:11 always catches my eye. Even in my sleep if a digital count clicks 11:11 I awaken. i haven't considered it as anything of scripture just that it  alwys grabs my attention. it is like the room goes darker when th eclock dispays 11:11 and I notice htta change. Very wierd I know.

Now see that number for over 15 years and 4-5 times a day. It might start to get interesting as it did for me. 

I've never looked for them, or had interest in them. They simply appeared, and I was made aware.

I've never associated them with anything other than the possibility of angels. But it's my hypothesis. I don't live by the numbers. Seeing them in the occasions I did, they deserve some attention. A few months ago I was playing a game online. And randomly someone enters the server and starts spamming my real birth name, with 333. It looked like this: "XXXX 333"(I use X's to not reveal my name). At least 5 times they did, and left. I to this day have no idea who it was. Only one person knew I play the game on this website(my wife), and she determinedly said it wasn't her. Plus she was in the room next to me, so I know she didn't. So what are the odds that someone would come in for 30 seconds, use my real name with these numbers, and leave? These are one of the many crazy instances.

My dad seen the number 13 for most of his life, almost as much as I did. Maybe there's a connection, who knows. 

Like I said, I don't live by them, but I remain curious of them.

7 hours ago, Davida said:

So you came up with "ascended masters 333" all by your self out of the blue? right- that is false. My concern for you is derived from your posts. what is the significance of 333? it certainly is given significance in the on psychic & divination sites. Numerology is a demonic doctrine as the Word of God states that God hates these things. God doesn't communicate with people through divination or numerology. Unfortunately you have been given by Neighbor only what you wanted to hear.

Deuteronomy 18:10-11
"There shall not be found among you any one ... that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer."

I took the name because I like it. I like the name Astral, but I don't believe in any demonic association. I do agree that names can have power, but only 'one' name. God/Jesus/Holyspirit. Simply because someone says "satan", doesn't mean they worship him, or identity with him.

If you're concerned that simply by using the name, I'm associating with neo-spiritual things, then that's not correct. For if that were so, then most of the earthly things, you cannot do or say. For example: a lot of Christian celebrate Halloween, which is associated with devils. Of course they don't celebrate or worship the devils, such as Christians who celebrate Jesus's birthday also celebrate giving presents/decorations/trees/Santa, which is associated with non-biblical teachings. God looks at what's in the heart.

I understand your persistent concern, and I'm glad that people like you still exist, and there should me more who are strict to biblical teaching. In fact, some distant friends I have who associate with these neo-spiritual doctrines, I steer them away from it. Because, I understand what is behind all of it.

You're right, I do agree that divination and numerology are sinful. But numbers themselves(like 333), aren't hated by God. It's how they're used. God clearly likes specific numbers, that are used repeatedly throughout the Bible. But like I mentioned a few times. I don't worship the numbers, and I don't use them to predict the future or for occult purposes, as the definitions imply. The numbers mean nothing to me, but if I had to guess, I would say angels, like I originally stated. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed some of the "comments on the thread" that were not helping the topic at hand.  Let's be respectful. 

2Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2Ti 2:25  correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 
2Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

@AscendedMasters333 I realize this may be a redundant question and you may have answered this?  Do you find the Bible the sole authority of truth by which everything should be tested against?   Just curious your position.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:15 AM, George said:

Do you find the Bible the sole authority of truth by which everything should be tested against? 

Thanks George, I appreciate it.

To answer your question: absolutely. God's word is truth. Man shall live by God's word, not bread alone.