• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Riccardo said:

You should quote Mt 24:40 All the law & the prophets hang on the 2 commandments.  Meaning they are encompassed within these 2 commandments, not negated because of them. if you love God with all your heart you will ahead to the firs 4, & love thy neighbor relate to the following  6 these related to our relationship with fellow man.

Both those commandments are not new, Jesus was just quoting  old testament  commands, saying the 10 commandments are encompassed.  Lev 19:9-18 & Deut 6:5

To say they are now more important but you don't have to follow the 10 commandments is somewhat of a oxymoron. The Spirit of truth always guides you into obedience, One of the main differences between the old & new Covenant is instead of written on tablets of stone God has now placed them in our heart & made it a desire, it is such a willingness to please Him, it is spiritual. Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, & so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him. We do not earn our salvation by works it is by GRACE only, just because we hold to the 4th commandment. You seem to be fixated on Sabbath keeper are trying to earn salvation no no no no no, I can't say it enough it seems most on this sight will not let that go. There is possible some that do but don't put the 99% in the same boat  as the 1%.   By grace through faith only will salvation come.        

The Christians that won't make it had wrong motives, they will be Sabbath keepers & Sunday keepers, they followed their spirit more than Gods. We are all directed to God through the Holy Spirit, but I repeat the Holy Spirit will be given more abundantly to those who obey.  

you don't "do" the 4th commandment, you live it.      I doubt that you actually follow the 4th commandment anyway....    do you ever start your car on the Sabbath?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Riccardo said:

The Christians that won't make it had wrong motives,

True - the ones who did all things "for show", as Jesus says in God's Word. (no one with an impure heart will see any part of heaven)

Thus, it is most important to "Follow Jesus".   Right ?   Since Jesus always kept and honored TORAH,  His Followers DO HIS WORD TOO.

RIGHT?  Simple.....   Like all the Apostles and disciples who remained with Jesus,  they followed Jesus , even unto death.

Likewise all those reported in "Foxes Book of Martyrs"....  they followed Jesus,  and were slaughtered for their following Him.

And like the disciples who followed Jesus for a while,  then told Him His Words were too hard for them, and they left Him,  and Jesus did not go after them, Jesus did not try to get them to come back,  so it is all along from then, through today, until He returns for all those who are eagerly watching for Him....

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

See that is not how it works.  Sin doesn't become sin when you think it is sin.  Sin is disobedience.  If you think that shacking up before marriage is okay, it still fornication.  It doesn't matter if you are convinced or not.  Sin is sin.

Of cause sin is sin & what is sin? the transgression of the law, no one os disputing that.  I think you have pulled my answer out of context for argumentative purposes. 

Basing my answer on the original question asked, it does work, the 2 reasons for those Christians not being saved  would be wrong motive & constant rejection of the Holy spirit, you'll probably want to add some more.  

Mt7:22 Many will say to me on that day, Lord Lord have we not prophesied in your name.  That is Many Christians

So you tell me what happens to the disobedient  Christians that constantly rejects the Holy Spirit.

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So IF salvation is conditional on keeping the Sabbath day, it doesn't matter if I am convinced or not; disobedience is disobedience.  If I am told it is required for salvation, but I reject that message, what happens to me in eternity.

You tell me, 

Do all Christians have it right? NO, but they are covered by the blood os Christ,

BUT when you come into the knowledge of the truth & reject it on a continual basis, You tell me what is the out come then. Because whatever I say you will twist out of context & reject, you should know the answer.

Have I ever said only Sabbath keeper will be saved, NO. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Lots of fuss I see. Semantics, etc. Very little love and understanding.

I observe the Sabbath as a weekly rest day rather than sun-day because I feel I am honoring the Lord God by doing so. Sometimes I forget what day of the week it is. So what; sometimes I put on odd socks.

If I state I try to follow and hold in high esteem the Sabbath, who are you to say that I must keep certain 'instructions' to be able to do so?  You would be first to cry LEGALISM, LEGALISM, yet you tell me the legalities of what I MUST do if I observe God's Sabbath; man's Sabbath; THE SABBATH. Your logic is flawed and illogical.

To say I am are not under the Law and can therefore sneer at it is disingenuous. Yeshua is/was 'under the law', (It pleased Him to be so) and He has positioned us Christians UNDER HIM/IN HIM. So we are not DIRECTLY under the law as He is our Law Surrogate, or Substitute. He did not abolish His Law. It still stands.
Everyone has a position in regards to the Law. That is an IMMUTABLE fact.

He will not let one jot or tittle pass from the Law until the end that He will declare.

I think nobody these days understand hierarchical rules and 'pecking orders'. They all seem to want to be the boss and have not a clue about rank, privileged or an oath of fealty. Everyone wants to be equal. It is a dictatorial society of managers with nobody left to manage.
This is NOT the case in God's Creation. He has order and reason and unity because of His Created organizational excellence. Thus, He has established His Law.

Edited by Justin Adams
syn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

13 hours ago, Abdicate said:

You're believing a lie and attacking me for defending the word of God. Well, God bless. SLAP SLAP SLAP WAKE UP!

There was no call for that response and I wasnt attacking you. I do apologise if it sounded like I was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Riccardo said:

That will depend on if you believe it to be the truth & you reject it, If you are fully convinced Sunday is the day to worship it is fine, until you come to the knowledge of truth, that goes both ways.

As I said in a previous post 99% of Sabbath keeper core belief is we are saved by grace through faith not by anything we do, but if we reject the Holy Spirits prompting we all have a problem  

Never though does the bible say that we are saved by what day we keep. We could keep Tuesday and that would be fine with the Lord. If Sabbath keeping was important to our salvation that negates entirely the work of the Cross. My whole point to starting this thread was merely pointing out that Sunday was ordained as the day for the Christian church because that was the day that Christ rose and we will not be judged for not keeping Saturday as we are not under the Law

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

sometimes I put on odd socks.

Sounds about as absent minded as I get sometimes. I keep dropping my apartment keys just anywhere and always forget where I put them :P

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Sounds about as absent minded as I get sometimes. I keep dropping my apartment keys just anywhere and always forget where I put them :P

One day a few years back, I went to the office with odd shoes! For that day I walked around one-legged and insisted on making eye-contact with all I met so they would not look down...  The office was over an hour from home.
I thank God I was not on one of my many trips back east. That would have been just too much!

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

To say I am are not under the Law and can therefore sneer at it is disingenuous. Yeshua is/was 'under the law', (It pleased Him to be so) and He has positioned us Christians UNDER HIM/IN HIM. So we are not DIRECTLY under the law as He is our Law Surrogate, or Substitute. He did not abolish His Law. It still stands.
Everyone has a position in regards to the Law. That is an IMMUTABLE fact

No we are not under the Law. He did not abolish His law because the coming of Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law. 

There is a good reason why Ephesians 2:8-9 says...

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This connects with.....

Galatians 3:24 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

We are not under the Law but under GRACE

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

One day a few years back, I went to the office with odd shoes! For that day I walked around one-legged and insisted on making eye-contact with all I met so they would not look down...  The office was over an hour from home.
I thank God I was not on one of my many trips back east. That would have been just too much!

Haha that's good. I am sure a lot of us can come up with stories like that