Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I tell you what, if the salvation that I have in Christ, could be lost then woe is me because I would never be saved, neither would anyone else for that matter. I would hate to have to work for my salvation. I know I would never be good enough to be saved. And just when I thought I was close I would sin again and then have to do it all over again. 

No once saved always saved. Even when we sin our status as a Christian is not changed (that is if we are truly a Christian) but the fellowship that we have is tarnished. Thankfully we can mend that fellowship by confessing our sins and turning from them so that we can have that perfect fellowship with the Lord. Sin is a part of who we are and while we are on this earth we will sin no matter how mature we are in Christ. I am so looking forward to the day when I can have a perfect fellowship with the Lord without the effects of sin in my life. I am tired of sin and having to battle with it every single day and I praise the Lord that I am saved and that the Hope I have is secure. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I tell you what, if the salvation that I have in Christ, could be lost then woe is me because I would never be saved, ..

True,  no argument there....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Christ lives not i said:

i am one who has Christ in me as well, so brother, let us be at peace and meet on that good news.

It's a marvellous truth that Christ is in us, the hope of glory and that it's no longer we who live but Christ who lives in us.......BUT we need to be careful that we obey where it says to not go beyond what is written.  And it isn't written that we shall be Christ...........on the contrary Jesus warned against that thinking, very explicitly.  We are to RECKON ourselves dead so that Christ can live in us, but we are not actually dead and we do not actually become Him.  It's only a manner of speaking, because it also says elsewhere that WE live by faith in the Son of God.  So it's just a matter of not taking it too far in our thinking/belief.....just need to ratchet back a little, so to speak, in how we take that, brother.  Bless you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

but we are not actually dead and we do not actually become Him.

WE are actually dead, yes, 

and it is actually HIS LIFE we lead and live(when we abide in Him and are immersed in Him and His Word abides in us always) , yes,  a FACT,  not fable.  Though rarely taught and even more rarely understood. (so no worries at this point.)

To see this more clearly, Yahweh willing,  skim through WORTHYCHRISTIANLIBRARY.COM (on this forum site) ....

Several good, tested, proven testimonies and sermons and lessons there,  from men (and a woman) whose lives were proven true in Christ Jesus, and their words were tested like gold, yes like much fine gold, and shown to be from Yahweh (His Word Revealed),

substantially.  (i.e. always test everything, all the time, and if something is out of order - if anything is not in harmony with CHRIST JESUS and ALL OF HIS WORD<  then do not accept it no matter who it is from;   constantly pray for understanding from the FATHER and continually meditate upon HIS WORD and read it often, seeking the FATHER'S UNDERSTANDING , not man's understanding) ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

WE are actually dead, yes, 

and it is actually HIS LIFE we lead and live(when we abide in Him and are immersed in Him and His Word abides in us always) , yes,  a FACT,  not fable.  Though rarely taught and even more rarely understood. (so no worries at this point.)

To see this more clearly, Yahweh willing,  skim through WORTHYCHRISTIANLIBRARY.COM (on this forum site) ....

Several good, tested, proven testimonies and sermons and lessons there,  from men (and a woman) whose lives were proven true in Christ Jesus, and their words were tested like gold, yes like much fine gold, and shown to be from Yahweh (His Word Revealed),

substantially.  (i.e. always test everything, all the time, and if something is out of order - if anything is not in harmony with CHRIST JESUS and ALL OF HIS WORD<  then do not accept it no matter who it is from;   constantly pray for understanding from the FATHER and continually meditate upon HIS WORD and read it often, seeking the FATHER'S UNDERSTANDING , not man's understanding) ...

Jeff, this is what I'm trying to say:  

Galations 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: NEVERTHELESS I LIVE; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It looks to me like some are trying to reason out a spiritual truth and it is leading them askew.  Or maybe you could explain more about what you mean and why.

Brother......do you believe that we become Christ?  The Lord showed me in relation to the church falling away (judged/destroyed/not one stone left on top of another...because what has been will be again, and there is nothing new under the sun) in the end of the age that many would come saying they are Christ......it is the very first sign of the end of the age that Jesus gave in all the gospels where the disciples asked Him about it. 

Matthew 24:2-5

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/24/2017 at 12:36 AM, Neighbor said:

"Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure?"

We? Don't know about any we, but me? Yes! 

Me too Neighbor :)

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It may be a matter of believing or not, accepting the Lord authority or not. If we submit to the Lord, listen to Him, and follow Him then I cannot see how we can walk away.

"But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." - Jude 1:20-21

"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen." - Jude 1:24-25

Those who do not believe, despise His teachings and want to walk by their own rules will certainly not end well.

It may be a matter of believing or not, accepting the Lord authority or not. If we submit to the Lord, listen to Him, and follow Him then I cannot see how we can walk away.

Amen 4!

how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. Hebrew 2:3

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2017 at 5:57 PM, Christ lives not i said:

once you KNOW that you are the Christ, living inside of a personal self, then its over

Know that I am Christ ? Can you explain?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Christ lives not i said:

If you are not the Christ living inside of "frienduff" then who are you?

I am frienduff WHO FOLLOWS THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST IN ME.     Take this abominational thought far from my sight.   I will not hear it .  this is all wrong.

We are NOT THE CHRIST .  I don't even want to read it .  this is all wrong what you teaching .   

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Christ lives not i said:

i am one who has Christ in me as well, so brother, let us be at peace and meet on that good news.

THEN say it like that .    Christ is in us , HE is in US.......but we are NOT CHRIST .  just say it like that .    And peace their will be.   That fast and that quick.

• Thumbs Up 3