• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Deception is the single greatest threat to Christians.

It is warned by Jesus and others, many times. Even the elect may be deceived. Atheism, persecution, etc,. are nothing in comparison. Satan's best weapon is infiltrating from within. Just look at what's happening in churches today. Look what's happening in the world. I've been newly born for less than a month and the deception has been merciless. 3-5 decades ago, clapping in the church, short dresses, chewing gum, etc.; Things that are now seemingly small, were considered wrong. Now where are we? Now all of these little things have been instituted, that are slowly corrupting. The church I attend has a period during service, where everyone takes out candies and makes a racket with packaging. This service is barely an hour long, and people can't wait? What if Jesus was preaching. Would we do these things in God's presence or in a Holy place? How far have we strayed in relativity to O.T. Jewish Holy temples and their customs. I wouldn't doubt God has forsaken many churches. In the condition they are in, no Holiness can dwell.

The anti-christ and his spirit will arise from within the church. "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." 

If you throw a frog into boiling water, it will jump out. If you leave the frog in the water, and slowly raise the temperature to boiling. It will stay there until it dies. Satan has been slowly turning up the temperature. We're nearing the end.

When you see abomination of desolation in the church, get ready to run. Be careful out there, brothers. These are with no doubt, the end times.

Signs of the End of the Age

3While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will all this happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”

4Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you5For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

We are now in this stage:

Witnessing to All Nations
(Mark 13:10-13; Luke 21:10-19)

9Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name. 10At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, 11and many false prophets will arise and mislead many.

12Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.13But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Few things are left to be accomplished before our Lord returns.

I agree about deception.......and sin itself is deceptive.....all part of what we are fighting in the good fight.  And I very much agree about walking holy....as long as we don't think of holiness as being synonymous with being formal.

I might have a different idea of what "church" needs to be about though.  I tend to think we should meet informally and be as comfortable as if we were at home having some friends over.  Formality quenches the Spirit.   For example someone opening a wrapper wouldn't bother me at home so why should it bother me in my Father's house.....if someone has a dry throat or worried about coffee breath, etc, I hope they would feel free to chew gum or mints as they wished, or have a drink of water, or whatever they need to do to be comfortable like in any normal situation.  I know we tend to think in terms of formal "services"because for most of us that is all we have seen in our christian life......but I don't see "church services" from reading the epistles.....how I read it is that they met informally and happily from house to house and let the Holy Spirit lead the gathering.  Not a free-for-all, with everyone talking at once......decently and in order but relaxed and normal as possible.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

Frankly, these Christians are very much like Peter walking on the water (Matt 14:22-33).  At first, he was focused on Jesus and became the only person other than Jesus to walk on water.   Then he started to look around at the wind,  waves, and sea and started to fear and sink.  Some Christians seem to want to put their attention onto the wind, waves, and sea and worry about everything around them.  At some point, if you are spending more time focusing on the wind, waves, and sea than focusing on Jesus, you will start to sink.  Time that would be better spent advancing the Kingdom of God is instead spent on arguing who is greatest and most correct.

Yes, we need to focus on Jesus. Walking on the water to him, we must look at the obstacles in our path. We must have faith and knowing where each step will be. We must look at the water, and have faith that we won't drown. Is there a wave coming from the side? Is the Jesus you are following a wolf dressed as a sheep? A poor metaphor, but I work with it.

These are the reasons people fall away. They're not vigilant. They follow the herd and never question the shepherd out of fear. Everyone hates being deceived and some would rather not admit it, fearing losing security and dignity. 

Being a follower of Christ, we must question everything. Christianity is not easy and it's not meant to be. If you want to go to church once a week and feel nice and comfortable and spiritual. Then take heed. "ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake". Sadly, most would rather keep quiet, to appease others feelings. I would rather rebuke someones emotions, that they make keep their eternal soul.

Beyond what our eyes see, the world is infested with evil spirits. The closer you come to Christ, the harder they work to deceive you. The less Christians there are, the more demons are available to destroy you. How few true Christians are left today? Jesus told us what will happen. But people simply can't acknowledge it. Times WILL be hard. We WILL have to endure. Some WILL be deceived. Narrow is the way and at this point, the way is a tightrope across a cliff.   

"For anyone who hears the word but does not carry it out is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror" 

Apply this same principal to the world you live in. You skip along to church, sing beautiful songs, listen to beautiful sermons. Meanwhile your spirit is trapped in the hands of evil. Judge everything from within and from without. Futile to say even that, considering the obliviousness of sin in the world. THESE ARE THE END TIMES!

Someone mentioned that we can be "too Holy". There's no such thing! No matter how much you try to be Holy, it will never be enough to please God. This is the exact attitude the leads to deception. A perfect example of slowly turning the heat up. Let this little thing go, let that go, and you'll be dead before you know it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Yes, we need to focus on Jesus. Walking on the water to him, we must look at the obstacles in our path. We must have faith and knowing where each step will be. We must look at the water, and have faith that we won't drown. Is there a wave coming from the side? Is the Jesus you are following a wolf dressed as a sheep? A poor metaphor, but I work with it.

These are the reasons people fall away. They're not vigilant. They follow the herd and never question the shepherd out of fear. Everyone hates being deceived and some would rather not admit it, fearing losing security and dignity. 

Being a follower of Christ, we must question everything. Christianity is not easy and it's not meant to be. If you want to go to church once a week and feel nice and comfortable and spiritual. Then take heed. "ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake". Sadly, most would rather keep quiet, to appease others feelings. I would rather rebuke someones emotions, that they make keep their eternal soul.

Beyond what our eyes see, the world is infested with evil spirits. The closer you come to Christ, the harder they work to deceive you. The less Christians there are, the more demons are available to destroy you. How few true Christians are left today? Jesus told us what will happen. But people simply can't acknowledge it. Times WILL be hard. We WILL have to endure. Some WILL be deceived. Narrow is the way and at this point, the way is a tightrope across a cliff.   

"For anyone who hears the word but does not carry it out is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror" 

Apply this same principal to the world you live in. You skip along to church, sing beautiful songs, listen to beautiful sermons. Meanwhile your spirit is trapped in the hands of evil. Judge everything from within and from without. Futile to say even that, considering the obliviousness of sin in the world. THESE ARE THE END TIMES!

Someone mentioned that we can be "too Holy". There's no such thing! No matter how much you try to be Holy, it will never be enough to please God. This is the exact attitude the leads to deception. A perfect example of slowly turning the heat up. Let this little thing go, let that go, and you'll be dead before you know it.

Someone mentioned that we can be "too Holy

Their is no such thing indeed.    an appearance of being holy is not the same thing as BEING HOLY.  one is appearance only , meant for the eyes of men to see.

THE OTHER one is LIVING HOLY not for the praise of men , but just by his power and it pleases GOD .  BE YE HOLY for HE IS HOLY.

that you would walk WORTHY of HIM who has called you.  HOW many times did paul say that , and peter said BE YE HOLY for HE IS HOLY

and if you do these things You shall NEVER fall.   yeah the early church took things REAL SERIOUS .  You spot on , many are being lied to and worse , they LOVE TO HAVE IT SO.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, simplejeff said:

"DID" ,  not "WILL"  ;  well,  many opposed to Christ, not necessarily "The" anti-christ.

For many centuries already.... "DID" deceive billions .....

True brother, there have been many antichrists.......but not yet one that causes everyone on earth to worship him......

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If we are looking for the abomination of desolation, I have to think this is that.......the worship of a man as God, in Gods temple the church (ultimate apostasy), as well as I believe in the temple in Jerusalem.

Revelation 13:11-18

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of A MAN; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

True brother, there have been many antichrists.......but not yet one that causes everyone on earth to worship him......

This is beyond the scope of this forum.   (but not this site, as noted below)....

For more info,  it is necessary to look elsewhere, whether online or in faithful and true hardback or softback b o o k s ..... ... ....  (I remember decades ago when those were available and reliable, subject to TEsTING of course, being proven before being accepted) .

You will (or may, Yahweh Willing) find reliable, proven tested true online books in the worthychristianlibrary.com,  very good reading and instruction in line with all Scripture.   There is practically no way to discuss this on most forums as far as I know.

22 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If we are looking for the abomination of desolation, I have to think this is that.......the worship of a man as God, in Gods temple the church (ultimate apostasy), as well as I believe in the temple in Jerusalem.

Revelation 13:11-18

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of A MAN; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

OH dear so many have no idea that the all inclusive world view through media and religion is going to lead all right to the beast.  what a false prophet and prophets

have been at work.  AND if we notice..............ITS the false prophet that Spirit that deception that cuases the world TO WORHISP THE BEAST and take HIS MARK.

aint it all about WORLD this , WORLD PEACE...........and if we remember the beast will be given power by satan to rule OVER the world , nations.

One world power .    oh yeah,  this spirit , these prophets and this prophet is leading the world right to the beast by INTERFAITH all inclusive world PEACE.

why did I make the word PEACE so big.   cause if we read in danile.............it says this dark king destroys THORUGH PEACE.  yeah,  most be led RIGHT TO HIM , RIGHT to HIM

and it stands SOON.  

• This is Worthy 2

Sound the trumpet , sound the alarm.   Deceptoin comes in like a flood to captivate all not in the lambs book of life .

Warn the wicked to repent , warn the peoples to test all spirits against sound biblical doctrine .

A tidal wave of a delusion is building and will come in like a mighty wave , blotting out the light from all who reiceve it .

the light will be seen as darkness and darkness as light ,  evil as good and good as evil ,  the gospel of peace traded in for the gospel of world peace

as all non religious , religious , faiths , denominations other religions join in one mind , one heart for all incliusvie lie for world peace.

The waters have been trickling in , but soon a wave of monster size in a grandest of delusion will strike the hearts and minds of those who rejected the love of truth

and they will believe the world peace lie and the king who comes in by peace , THEN begins a world wide scourge of all it deems as haters and dangerous.  folks that us they will be after.

for those of us who wont conform to the lie that God is in all religons , that wont stop calling sin , sin ,  we will be seen as monsters by all other relgions , non religious

and even many who claimed to be christain.    ITS On the way ,GET OUT , get out of the churches , if your church is not focusing on HOLINESS , godliness

but just on good works and peace ,GET OUT OF IT , its in the early stages of this deception , GET OUT , COME OUT from them fast , or go under the delusion they will speak.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH dear so many have no idea that the all inclusive world view through media and religion is going to lead all right to the beast.  what a false prophet and prophets

have been at work.  AND if we notice..............ITS the false prophet that Spirit that deception that cuases the world TO WORHISP THE BEAST and take HIS MARK.

aint it all about WORLD this , WORLD PEACE...........and if we remember the beast will be given power by satan to rule OVER the world , nations.

One world power .    oh yeah,  this spirit , these prophets and this prophet is leading the world right to the beast by INTERFAITH all inclusive world PEACE.

why did I make the word PEACE so big.   cause if we read in danile.............it says this dark king destroys THORUGH PEACE.  yeah,  most be led RIGHT TO HIM , RIGHT to HIM

and it stands SOON.  

I couldn't have said it better. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, MyLordsServant said:

I couldn't have said it better. 

We have to warn the people .    just keep on reminding , keep on exhorting and pray that it sinks into the hearts of many. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

14 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Wind and waves are a metaphor (living parable) for adverse circumstances, rather than sin.   Yes, we "focus" on Jesus, but also need to examine ourselves and seek the Lord to cleanse our hearts whenever we find there is any sin or bondage.  When we confess our sins to Him He is so faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from unrighteousness.  And that is one way we really do make progress in our walk.  Even seek the Lord to show us if there is anything we are not aware of....like David praying, search me and know me oh Lord, and see if there be any wicked way in me.  A humble and contrite heart He will not despise.......but will answer our prayer and desire for sanctification.

Just want to add, this is how Jesus washes our feet......which He said if He doesn't wash our feet we have no part with Him.

• Thumbs Up 1