• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, missmuffet said:

love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self control. If a person is not within those parameters perhaps they need to know that is a Christian way in which we want to have a fellowship.

That is a great approach. I even quoted that to get a couple to back off a bit. I was rebuffed and told I was now 'whining and being emotional'. And a few other unkind words. Thanks MM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

That is a great approach. I even quoted that to get a couple to back off a bit. I was rebuffed and told I was now 'whining and being emotional'. And a few other unkind words. Thanks MM

You are welcome Justin :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

34 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hi there. I do have a problem with the name calling and 'false teacher' and 'your do not know anything' and the like. And threats to remove people from threads (like just happened to me). How do you respond to that? Surely we can be grown up without getting personal? Perhaps some with power on this board misuse it?

Only a mod can remove you from a thread, Justin.  If another poster threatened that, it's nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yep,  but it is interesting a read of a scripture in isolation. So I will have some fun going back to the historical premise of a book or scroll of annual security in a scroll to see if there is any mention of another scroll of the damned for the year. And review the whole subject. I think it will be fun. In the process I will likely get to review feasts and calendars and lots of stuff from old reveals and studies. It should be fun for me.

For ME that would be a lot of work but it's great that you enjoy doing that kind of thing.  Can't have too much Scripture knowledge, for sure.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yep,  but it is interesting a read of a scripture in isolation. So I will have some fun going back to the historical premise of a book or scroll of annual security in a scroll to see if there is any mention of another scroll of the damned for the year. And review the whole subject. I think it will be fun. In the process I will likely get to review feasts and calendars and lots of stuff from old reveals and studies. It should be fun for me.

There are a group of scholars currently engaged in digitizing all the known scraps and sources of scripture. Some 5,200 pieces or more. When finished it will be available online apparently.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

53 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Good advice. Thanks a bunch! I guess I will be more polite. However, a point of view should not be the reason surely? The reason things get out of hand is that just a couple have been following me and discrediting all I say regardless. They even threatened that that was what they would do. I have been in the corporate structure long enough though to recognize this, and am just going to be more circumspect. Thanks again for the advice.

There are always people that follow others around to try and pick a fight/discredit them. The key is not to let it get to you. I know, it is easier said then done but when you respond in kind it does nothing but feed them and make you look bad. It's their goal.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Satan is everywhere and that includes on Worthy. So we need to always wear our full Armor of God and that also includes on Worthy. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Satan is everywhere and that includes on Worthy. So we need to always wear our full Armor of God and that also includes on Worthy.

What is this a reply to missmuffet ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Y9u haven't read of that second book because it's not in Scripture anywhere.  Don't know how Sister came up with that one nor do I know of any Scripture requiring believers to address each other by name on a discussion board.  Nonsense abounds and we have to be careful not to be sidetracked by unbiblical claims.

Being I remember sermons referencing “books”, I looked up several commentaries, they seem to agree with what Sister as written here.  Not saying they have any authority, just that they agree with my memory of a few sermons I have listened to. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Being I remember sermons referencing “books”, I looked up several commentaries, they seem to agree with what Sister as written here.  Not saying they have any authority, just that they agree with my memory of a few sermons I have listened to. 

Oh I disagree with Sister.  But I will as result have some  good fun reviewing the Great White throne of judgement by Jesus, and will also attempt to go back to the Old Testament concerns of being in  the scroll of favor or security for a year. It is a lengthy subject, worth spending some time at, and so  later I will likely start a thread on the subject, just not this weekend.

Edited by Neighbor