IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It looks like there will be for those who have earthly bodies who came over from the tribulation and those who will be born during the 1000 year millennium.

Isaiah 56:6-8

Zechariah 14:16

Jeremiah 33:15-18

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting. I never even thought about it. But I learn something new everyday. That I think is what makes God's word so fascinating once you think you think you got it straight God shows you something new that I quite honestly didn't know. Now I learned something new about the 1000 year reign. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It looks like there will be for those who have earthly bodies who came over from the tribulation and those who will be born during the 1000 year millennium.

Question: "Will there be animal sacrifices during the millennial kingdom?"

Answer: There are several passages in the Old Testament that clearly indicate animal sacrifice will be re-instituted during the millennial kingdom. Some passages mention it in passing as the topic of the millennial kingdom is discussed, passages like Isaiah 56:6-8; Zechariah 14:16; and Jeremiah 33:15-18.

The passage that is the most extensive, giving the greatest detail, is Ezekiel 43:18-46:24. It should be noted that this is part of a greater passage dealing with the millennial kingdom, a passage that begins with Ezekiel 40. In Ezekiel 40, the Lord begins to give details of the temple that will exist during the millennial kingdom, a temple that dwarfs all other temples previously built, even Herod’s temple that was quite large, which existed during the earthly ministry of Christ.

After giving details concerning the size and appearance of the temple and the altar, the Lord then begins to give detailed instruction as to the animal sacrifices that will be offered (Ezekiel 43:18-27). In chapter 44, the Lord gives instructions as to who will be offering sacrifices to the Lord. The Lord states that all of the Levites will not be offering blood and fat to the Lord due to previous sin; it will be those from the lineage of Zadok (verse 15). Chapters 45 and 46 continue to mention that animal sacrifices will be made.

The primary objection made to the idea of animal sacrifices returning during the millennial kingdom is that Christ has come and offered a perfect sacrifice for sin, and there is, therefore, no need to sacrifice animals for sin. However, it must be remembered that animal sacrifice never removed the sin that spiritually separated a person from the Lord.

Hebrews 10:1-4 says, “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins" (NASB).

It is incorrect to think that animal sacrifices took away sins in the Old Testament, and it is incorrect to think they will do so in the millennial kingdom. Animal sacrifices served as object lessons for the sinner, that sin was and is a horrible offense against God, and that the result of sin is death. Romans 3:20 says, “Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.”

Most premillennial scholars agree that the purpose of animal sacrifice during the millennial kingdom is memorial in nature. As the Lord’s Supper is a reminder of the death of Christ to the Church today, animal sacrifices will be a reminder during the millennial kingdom. To those born during the millennial kingdom, animal sacrifices will again be an object lesson. During that future time, righteousness and holiness will prevail, but those with earthly bodies will still have a sin nature, and there will be a need to teach about how offensive sin is to a holy and righteous God. Animal sacrifices will serve that purpose, "but in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year" (Hebrews 10:3).
https://www.gotquestions.org/millennial-sacrifices.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, secularhermit said:

I doubt it!

Would I kill and innocent to "justify" me? No!

I had rabbits. I loved them because their are better than cats and, when I had to kill those which grew more than I supposed I would welcome or feed, I felt guilty and embarrassed...

At least, for Paul´s teachings, no need to do that.

:emot-heartbeat:

Eat

Every moving thing that lives will be food for you. As the green plants, I have given everything to you. Genesis 9:3 (New Heart English Bible)

Beloved Eat

" 'On the fourteenth day of the first month, you will celebrate the Passover, a festival lasting seven days when unleavened bread is eaten. At that time the prince must prepare for himself and for all the common people a young bull as an offering for sin. Every day during the seven days of the festival, he must prepare burnt offerings for the LORD: seven young bulls that have no defects, seven rams that have no defects, and one male goat as an offering for sin. He must also give as a grain offering a half-bushel for each young bull and a half-bushel for each ram. He must also give one gallon of olive oil for every half-bushel of grain. On the fifteenth day of the seventh month, at the Festival of Booths, he must do the same as on those seven days. He must prepare the same offerings for sin, burnt offerings, grain offerings, and olive oil. Ezekiel 45:21-25 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

:emot-heartbeat:

The Remission

for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26:28 (New American Standard Bible)

Of Sins

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life you inherited from your forefathers, But with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or spot. He was known before the foundation of the world, but was revealed in the last times for your sake. 1 Peter 1:18-19 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

They shall not hurt or destroy
    in all my holy mountain;
for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
    as the waters cover the sea.....

.... and holds fast my covenant—
 these I will bring to my holy mountain,
    and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
    will be accepted on my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer
    for all peoples.”

Zola Levitt's tv series presentations on  "Thy Kingdom Come" episodes 7 and 8 give detail of the time. Episode 8 directly gives response to the question of sacrifices during the 1000 year reign.

Episode 7 and 8 together make some sense of it all. It may be found easily enough online if interest is there to see and hear it. I guess they are numbered 738 and 739 under that series.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Thank you.

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

The Lord never commanded us to kill animals.
Jesus never wanted anybody to needlessly kill animals.
He isn't that kind of God, is He.

He wants us to bring Him bullocks.
You know? just like we drag our bull to this forum, to present it before men.
We really should present our bull before Jesus first, to see if He approves it,
before we go around presenting it to our fellow priests in Christ.

Just in case we are not saying something right.

Bless Jesus
Paul

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel;
Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt,
concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people:
and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Jeremiah 7:21-23

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51:17

Edited by HarvestLabourer
typographical error
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The millenial temple and its sacrifices will serve as a daily reminder of fallen man's need for a Holy God. It will not diminish the finished work of Christ. Although many will turn against Christ during this time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, Yowm said:

That's because Paul's teaching mainly covers the Church age, not the Millennium. The Old Testament prophets cover that. The sacrifices as I understand it were not for remission of sins but more of a Thanks offering.

The way I see it the very first sacrifice of an animal  was not  for a giving of thanks. It was for the temporary covering of the penalty for sin against God. God in His righteous anger provided cover by His own hand by the killing of an innocent that another might still live even in their shame. That sacrifice  done by God demonstrated the degree of horror that is in sin against Him, and the price that must be paid as a result, which is death;  and also that only death of an innocent may sufficice to even temporarily satisfy the price of sin.

That first sacrifice began "the scarlet thread of redemption"*. That first blood sacrifice of an innocent animal was made by almighty God. It told all of creation  to come that redemption from sin that had entered into God's creation could not be covered by what is woven of human hands.

* Credit given to W. A. Criswell; see W. A. Criswell Study Bible page XIII

Excerpt from the much fuller text of Leviticus ( 17); "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. "

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

When you were born again, you offered yourself up as a lamb to the Shepherd.
Didn't you?

That is a ram offering. You were His suckling ram.
If He came and blessed you, then you made Him a pleasing sacrifice.

jesus.the.shepherd.05.jpg

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

When you were born again, you offered yourself up as a lamb to the Shepherd.
Didn't you?

That is a ram offering. You were His suckling ram.
If He came and blessed you, then you made Him a pleasing sacrifice.

jesus.the.shepherd.05.jpg

Please don't try to deceive people with a different gospel ..

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 

4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

deceive people with a different gospel then what we believe . 2 Timothy 4:3-4

• Brilliant! 1