• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said a wee drink is good for your tummy

I don't recall Him actually having a drink though

Doesn't mean He didn't? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was Paul that said have some wine for your tummy.

1 Timothy 5:23

Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

And Jesus admitted drinking wine that contained alcohol.

Luke 7:33-34

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say,

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Being Associated with alcohol dink would have put our Lord Jesus in the position

of being a stumbling block for others.

Romans 14:21

"It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall."

"John 2, the miracle of turning water into wine, does not require that it be alcoholic. Many insist that it was, on the basis of verse 10, which says, "Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse; but thou hast kept the good wine until now." They would say that, in those days, it was common to serve the best alcoholic wine at first, saving the worst until later, when men's tastes have been dulled by much drinking. But the point is just the opposite here! These people could definitely recognize that the wine which Jesus made was much better than what they had been served at first. This could not have been possible if they were already well on their way to becoming intoxicated! The fact is, neither the wine which they had at first, nor that which Christ made, was alcoholic.

The Lord Jesus Christ would not have gotten glory from making drunk people drunker. Verse 11 is most important when it states that, by this miracle, Jesus "manifested forth his glory." Verse 10 indicates that the people had drunk quite a bit of whatever kind of wine they were drinking. If it had been alcoholic, they would have been intoxicated, or nearly so. Had Christ made alcoholic wine, He would have made drunk people drunker, or almost-drunk people completely drunk! Such a deed would certainly not have manifested any glory to Him!

Making drunk people drunker would not have caused his disciples to believe more strongly on him, yet verse 11 says that, as a result of what He did in turning the water into wine, "his disciples believed on him." Jn. 1:41 shows that they had already believed on Him as Messiah; this was a deepening of their faith and a proof that they had not been wrong. Would making drunk people drunker inspire such faith? The opposite would be likely! They were not looking for a Messiah who would pass out free booze! Thus, because of the description of this miracle and its result, we can not conclude otherwise than that this wine was non-alcoholic."

IS IT ALRIGHT FOR A CHRISTIAN TO DRINK MODERATELY?

(1) No, even slight drinking impairs one's thinking and lowers alertness to spiritual danger

I Peter 5:8,9

(2) No, Christians are not to be controlled by liquor

Epesians 5:18

(3) No, Christians are priests, and the Bible forbids priests to drink

I Peter 2:9; Leviticus 10:8,11

(4) No, Christians are not to touch the unclean thing

II Corinthians 6:17--7:1

(5) No, Christians are to abstain from every form of evil

1 Thessalonians 5:22

(6) No, Christians who drink cause others to stumble

Romans 14:21

(7) No, wine is a mocker and a deceiver

Proberbs 20:1

No man who takes an alcoholic beverage to his lips

knows exactly where it will lead!

http://www.touchet1611.org/Wine.html

Yes! Wine is good for the sick!; just like drugs are for the sick, in everything God makes he has good perpose. It is man that takes it and makes it unto his own :(

Ok guys im out, we will just be going on in circles not worth it in my opinion :(

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Yes! Wine is good for the sick!; just like drugs are for the sick, in everything God makes he has good perpose. It is man that takes it and makes it unto his own  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God made wine for us as well.

Psalm 104:14-15

He makes...wine that gladdens the heart of man...

I don't know about the rest of you, but grape juice doesn't "gladden my heart" like a glass of Merlot. :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

This subject can be twisted and tweaked to justify anyone's position. Someone can take one small bit of scripture and make it look like it supports their view, either way.

I'm not saying this in reference to anybody, I'm just saying it happens and all we end up doing, as Trinity said, is going in circles anyway. The same thing has happened with debates on what foods to eat as well.

I say each of us should do what we are led to do, in good faith, and we will all be fine. :laugh:

God Bless!

:laugh: Yeh your right, that is why im leaving this thread alone lol, I could eat that verse apart but it will do me no good, and your opinions are set so there is no real point to this descusion.

Just want to leave you with this, There is more to a verse then meets the eye, there is also the background and the true meaning of the word intended, so i'm done, there is no point lol :cool:

In Christ,

Joel