• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

The curse is on you if you think you can keep the law

"the last 'church' I was at was continually preaching the 'immanency' idea that I just cannot hold to."

Hold to it .... immanency is the truth .... He will come for His own when He is ready [2 Peter 3:8-9]

Only then will the coming tribulation period begin 

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I just realized something and I've changed my mind.

thanks for the stimulating engagement and good day.

Edited by Diaste

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Diaste said:

You said, "most pretribbers". Probably millions. Your own words show your errors.

No, they don't.

Very much fence sitting. Only one is correct and that what scripture teaches. Several views cannot be correct. When it comes to the immutable word of the Lord there is only strength and truth. Since 'doctrine is defined as a church teaching and many churches teach pretrib it is clearly a church doctrine.

Not fence sitting at all, since the Bible doesn't give us enough light to be dogmattic on any particular view that we espouse. While we may lean toward one particular view, it doesn't mean that we can declare that our view is the only correct one, when it comes to the rapture. 

Several views cannot be correct, but we don't know 100% which one is correct when it comes to the rapture.

You clearly don't understand how doctrine is formulated. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I think it would most helpful to educate  pre-trib adherents  by  harkening back to the Word of God and give some of the examples  throughout scripture of the common remnant rescue theme where God has allowed a group of people , faithful and obedient to Him ,  to suffer the consequences of a looming deadly threat , most being killed , with a small remnant raptured . 

I am amazed not one person has mentioned even one the many examples so far in this thread ?

For example the well known instance of this remnant theme where King Nebuchadnezzar threw all three faithful and obedient servants of God Shadrach , Meshach , Abednego into the tribulation of the fiery furnace ,  allowing Meshach and Abednego to burn to death , but rapturing Shadrach away from the fiery flames  . 

Some one else care to give an example ?

12 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I think it would most helpful to educate  pre-trib adherents  by  harkening back to the Word of God and give some of the examples  throughout scripture of the common remnant rescue theme where God has allowed a group of people , faithful and obedient to Him ,  to suffer the consequences of a looming deadly threat , most being killed , with a small remnant raptured . 

I am amazed not one person has mentioned even one the many examples so far in this thread ?

For example the well known instance of this remnant theme where King Nebuchadnezzar threw all three faithful and obedient servants of God Shadrach , Meshach , Abednego into the tribulation of the fiery furnace ,  allowing Meshach and Abednego to burn to death , but rapturing Shadrach away from the fiery flames  . 

I think this is a great suggestion. My only concern is, if they can't hear Jesus and those who walked with him, what will they hear?

5 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I think this is a great suggestion. My only concern is, if they can't hear Jesus and those who walked with him, what will they hear?

My concern is different , I think we should just turn the page  , and let God be God as far as the  " hearing" goes .

Did you have an example to share ?

Edited by Unfailing Presence

Just now, Unfailing Presence said:

My concern is different , I think we should just turn the page  , and let God be God as far as the  " hearing" goes .

Did you have an example to share ?

I have no idea what you mean, but as I said, many examples have been given in this and other discussions on this very topic. When it come to the example you quoted pretrib will boil it down to something like, "Well that's for the Jews." So again, if they  arent going to hear the many examples, what will suffice?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

9 hours ago, Diaste said:

I have posted scripture concerning this many times. I hold to the clear teaching of Jesus, not my view, his truth, in Matt 24; the only outline and chronology of the major end of the age events.  

The reality is the only gathering extant follows great tribulation, immediately preceding the wrath of the Lamb, and occurring in conjunction with the sign of His coming and His appearing in the clouds of heaven. 

I'm sure you've posted your view on the rapture numerous times on Worthy. I just haven't read them yet because I don't get a chance to read all posts. So are you post-trib or the new rapture view "pre wrath/post trib?"

55 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I have no idea what you mean, but as I said, many examples have been given in this and other discussions on this very topic. When it come to the example you quoted pretrib will boil it down to something like, "Well that's for the Jews." So again, if they  arent going to hear the many examples, what will suffice?

I must have missed them then .

Which example of a faithful and obedient group of God's children being allowed by God to suffer death from a specific threat , with only a " remnant " being spirited away to safety 

was given in this thread ? 

If you would , please give me the page number and the author of that example ?  I would love to read it  ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Daniel 3:26-27.  Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. 27 And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them.

where is this rapture you talk about?