• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Let us not worry over what the devil will do or not do.    JUST preach the truth.   those who will receive it will, those who wont wont and will make any excuse not too.

Yall , we are minutes away from a major event taking place .   They about to decide the cake baker vesus the gays .  Its done been debated .  they are

now awaiting the courts decision.   Phillips refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding and now its at the supreme court .  It truly matters not what mans law

says , no matter what the outcome I will in no way honor anything that is NOT HONORABLE TO GOD.    I will feed any who is hungry

but I will not support their evil .  BIG DIFFERENCE.   and phillips was right to refuse to bake that cake for that gay marriage.

It would be different if a gay man was starving and needed food.  SURE we would feed them.  But to honor their evil.  IS EVIL and vile in the site of GOD.  so we better

stand for truth and FOR GOD in all things . no matter what the ruling says.

I look forward to God turning Evil things to good. I am no way political to the point of backing candidates but I think the "Anything but Christian" groups are gathering together those who will be their own downfall, because they aren't scrutinizing their strange bed fellows as much as they scrutinize the Christian community  In their zeal to drive their agendas they will run over more than those people who believe in Christ and they will turn public opinion back on themselves for their insidious nature.  I am sure they will run 90 feet off a 40 foot pier and end up floating in their own demise..  They are angry and they will embrace that anger to fuel them without understanding that such anger is an ugly thing and society sees that ugliness and will get tired of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well the pope intends to have world peace and many others do too.  THEY THINK its a good thing .   they see their intentions as good.

However they omitting JESUS to get the job done .   tell me , That aint right .   The present day Pharisees are the ones who deny JESUS

and if we deny HIS sayings we are the Pharisees .   pagan things and the birth of Christ have no place together.

The present day Pharisees appear not as Pharisees. for they say any kind of obedience to , following The commandments of Christ is RELGOIN .

I get called Pharisee all the time.  NOT saying you said I was, but many do.   but IF I point to JESUS and HIS sayings ,  HOW am I the Pharisee.    yeah this generation is lost .

Jesus never told us to not celebrate anything.  He just wants us to love Him and follow Him.  Why obsess over these 'pagan' things?  It's all in the intent and the heart.  Present day Pharisees are those that think their rules and rituals will get them into Heaven.  They won't.  And celebrating holidays won't keep anyone out either.  Btw, the Pope is not relevant to this discussion.

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

It sunk in for me a long time ago.  Christian belief is a relationship with the Lord, not a religion and, as such, is not dependent upon rituals rules or holidays.  The Lord knows what we intend; leave the rules to the present day Pharisees.  That kind of thing didn't work for those old guys and it won't work now either.

That was the most profound statement I've yet heard today. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Let us not worry over what the devil will do or not do.    JUST preach the truth.   those who will receive it will, those who wont wont and will make any excuse not too.

We have to be careful whose 'truth' we are listening to.  I get mine from Scripture, not from any mere mortal.  I will tell others the truth too but, if they choose not to listen, I walk away.  I'm not going to obsess over others' beliefs.

4 minutes ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

That was the most profound statement I've yet heard today. Thank you.

Most welcome. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Christmas may not have been the day Christ was born.  But I want to celebrate His incarnation.  We are told not to judge each other as to what days we keep as holy.  But I do what what I do to honor God in it and not let my traditions cloud its meaning.  It is an offense when people take Christ out of CHRISTmas.  

Col 2:16  So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,  Col 2:17  which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I could have quoted several people but I need to chime in here:

I gotta be honest, I'm becoming impatient with the content of this thread. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. There isn't anything "pagan" about that, no matter how much some of you try to make it that way.

Secondly, MG said that Jesus didn't "want us to celebrate anything." I beg the differ. Jesus wanted us to remember him in communion, so, in a sense it is celebrating. ALTHOUGH JESUS NEVER SPECIFICALLY USED THE TERM.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS And I will not be deterred by cynical opinions on a msg board. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

Were not the free will offerings set up as part of the law and structured so that the priests had a part in such activities?

Technically yes. They were given the procedure for doing such, but none the less it was still a 'free will offering' and not commanded of God. As I read it anyway.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

It sunk in for me a long time ago.  Christian belief is a relationship with the Lord, not a religion and, as such, is not dependent upon rituals rules or holidays.  The Lord knows what we intend; leave the rules to the present day Pharisees.  That kind of thing didn't work for those old guys and it won't work now either.

Your response just triggered something I just remembered that's very relevant for today. Is everyone aware that the Sanhedrin has just recently been re-established in Israel?

• Group:  Advanced Member

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Technically yes. They were given the procedure for doing such, but none the less it was still a 'free will offering' and not commanded of God. As I read it anyway.

There are no technical this or that. It was apart of the law of Moses and it does not aplly especially when taken in the context of what the topic is, which is the day called Christmas. As I have stated several times. My arguement was not with the celebration, but with the date, how it came to being and the trappings around it.