• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

Sorry, DesertSW!

Those were not Christians, they're false prophets.

"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:21-23

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." - 1 John 3:14-15

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, DesertSW said:

I'm sorry, no offense to you, but I have heard this response 1,000x and it's hogwash.

That's the "go to" response for Christians behaving badly. The old tried and true, "well, they weren't Christians to begin with."

It's the "Escape" button that Christians press when the dilemma of Christians doing sinful and evil things comes up. But that's all it is, an excuse and a quick way to try and squash the problem.

The reality is that real Christians do sin and commit evil acts against other Christians. The reality is then Christians don't address the problem and run to the "they weren't Christians to begin with".

So even though a TRUE Christian served Christ and the church for 20 years, commits a sin and violates God's Word. Then the "Christians can't do no wrong" group comes out and throws that Christian under the bus and claims they weren't a true believer to begin with.

That response and belief should be rolled up and placed under a bird cage because that is where it belongs. The reality is Christians sin and do things that they shouldn't do. They hurt others and sin against people and God. To say otherwise is a disgrace and to put one's head in the sand.

Suit yourself. Life is full of choices.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That statement is patently false.

In your opinion. Can you prove my post is patently false. This will be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Hazard, i still wait for u in my thread Laws of Jesus. Join me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Those you speak about in my opinion are Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) so called Christians. They have it in their head that once they turn to Jesus, confess their sins, they believe they are saved forever, regardless of what sins they continue to commit, what they say, do, or not do. They never truly get out of the sin business because they believe, once saved, always saved.

People who have been born of God have been changed, they have a new nature that detests sinning, and tries (generally succeeding) to resist temptation. Sin is not a lifestyle for them, they are undergoing growth, progress in holy living, and it shows in the fruit of their lives.

If there is no such fruit, then they have every reason to wonder if indeed, that have ever been saved, or are just self deceived. This has nothing at all to do with whether they believe in OSAS or not, there are people in both camps, theologically who sin with regularity, and people in both theological camps, who live exemplary lives.

For what it is worth, I have never run into anyone, who has expressed the idea that they may sin freely, since they have been saved and cannot lose it. For you to suggest otherwise (that this is how such people think) is equivalent to me saying that since you believe you can lose your salvation, that you therefore believe you salvation is predicated upon your own works, not upon your faith in the work of the Savior, which is by grace alone.

Do you suppose that those of us who hold to what we believe to be the Biblical teaching of OSAS are unfamiliar with the following text?:

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

We are quite aware that not only are we saved by grace alone:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

But that we are saved for a purpose:

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1