• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,185
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

It is easy to wind up with reverse images.  These are quickly fixed in PS.

that one was actually on purpose....    I've been using Photoshop for many years.....    had to be adobe certified in my job with Xerox both Acrobat and the photo and video editors.....    You can do some really interesting photo restores with them if you want to spend some time.....    I  fixed a torn photo for my cousin a few years ago of his great grandfather that was made in the 1800's      one pixel at a time....   took spare time for nearly a month....  Those are seldom worth the time though.

Another hobby for a while was making business cards.....      I don't have access to free printing like I used to so I kind of got away from it these days.

se.jpg

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

On my external hard drive that is dedicated to pictures alone, I have over 65,500 files.  I also have them stored on my Test Rig computer as an extra backup source.  A multi-source backup is essential for backing up digital files because hardware failure or human error can result in losing a multitude of files.

Carbonite....  that's the way to go.....    has saved me during three lightening strikes.....    Everything in the house that cost over $50 is on a UPS these days except for the refrigerator.  LoL....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

26 minutes ago, other one said:

Carbonite....  that's the way to go.....    has saved me during three lightening strikes.....    Everything in the house that cost over $50 is on a UPS these days except for the refrigerator.  LoL....

My daughter uses carbonite too; she is self employed and backs up everything. She swears by that service. Who is that cute little girl in the photo, btw?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

My daughter uses carbonite too; she is self employed and backs up everything. She swears by that service. Who is that cute little girl in the photo, btw?

Girl? Are you sure it is not oo?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I thought Polaroid pics were fun. But no one did them of themselves back then.

Back then:  the minimum focal length for one of those cameras was 4 foot.  I was still having trouble with the new commercial telephone business phones, touch tone and "star 9". Of course there was no e-mail, no office computers, nor personal laptops. We had an  AB Dick printing press and broad tip ball point pens  to press hard onto "action paper" so that we no longer had to use messy carbon paper. We were cutting edge. Cutting edge was to have a three foot blade paper cutter.

I introduced and developed our high tech sales presentation on a La Belle Loop machine, a combination of slides on a looped film strip with voice tape integrated, all in one portable box. It greatly  reduced sale presentation time kept sales people on message and increased sales tremendously.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Perhaps it is a reflection of our "it is all about me" world?

I think its more  the average person  can now be just like  a "celebrity"  with followers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Fun, beautiful, intelligent and classy! I think she has class in the way she carries and conducts herself ? 

Also, i think selfie is fun and nothing is wrong with taking selfies... as long as they aren't obsessed with them and overdo them with "added features" or "beautify features" so much so they look fake lol...because when you see them live.... ermmm... lol. Just kidding. But yeah everything in moderation. Moderation is the key word here. In my opinion, there isn't really a Christian or non Christian perspective of selfie as this is a universal thing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

isn't a girl, it is my son when he was about a year old.    He popped out of the box as a present for my wife and I.....   was my daughters idea.    She was about two and a half.

4 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Carbonite costs money and relies on the Internet.  I keep everything backed up on multiple HDD's  which do not need Internet access for me to retrieve the data.  I store data files on those HDD's as well as images of my multiple computer HDD configurations so restoration only takes cloning an image onto another HDD to get right back where I was.  If you have one computer, it dies and you have no internet access to retrieve your info, Carbonite is worse than useless.

and when that lightening strike even takes out the glow igniters in your gas dryer and oven, your hard drives will never talk to you again......    It killed my laptop that wasn't even plugged into anything and took out about half the lightbulbs in the house....   and at that point the little that is paid for Carbonite becomes on of your best investments yet.   

And to really make things worse, it has happened twice.....   I'm assuming our house is on top of some sub surface thing that attracts lightening.     

Each to his/her own experiences.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, other one said:

isn't a girl, it is my son when he was about a year old.    He popped out of the box as a present for my wife and I.....   was my daughters idea.    She was about two and a half.

Oh my!  Put my foot in that one, didn't I?  Well, he was very cute at any rate.