• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello!
First of all, I'd like to tell you that I don't speak English fluently and I will probably make some grammatical mistakes.
My name is Marry, I am 14 years old and I'm a Christian.
I've been facing a problem for some time. I always thought I was heterosexual, even if I've never liked boys and I've always stared at girls' "features". In 2016 I realised that I wasn't exactly heterosexual. After many research, I realised that I'm actually a lesbian. I feel depressed. I can't understand why God considers homosexuality a sin. I'm talking about faithful homosexual relationships. Why is it a sin? Is it because they can't procreate? They can adopt children and raise them to be good people. I mean, the Bible doesn't talk about homosexual people who are married and really love each other. It only talks about people who are in a relationship only for sexual intercourse, which is a sin for anyone, no matter their sexual orientation.
Maybe I'm wrong and I didn't understand the Bible properly. I do not want to sin but I also don't want to marry a boy (I'm talking about the future, of course). I don't find boys attractive at all and I can't even connect with them in an emotional way. My family is very loving and understanding, we talk about anything, but homosexuality is something I can't talk about. If I asked them things about it they would realise that I'm a lesbian. I don't really need to be accepted by them or my peers, but I also don't wanna argue with them everyday because I'm a lesbian. I only need to be accepted by God, I need to understand why happily married homosexual people are not accepted by Him.
Sometimes I want to become a guy, that would make me feel free. I would love a girl without sinning. 
If you're willing to answer me, I'd be grateful!
Thank you very much!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Rom 1:19  because that which is known of God is revealed in them, for God revealed it to them.

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse.

Rom 1:21  Because, knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, neither gave thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23  and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24  Therefore God also gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves;

Rom 1:25  who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Rom 1:26  For this reason, God gave them up to vile passions. For their women changed the natural function into that which is against nature.

It is best not to argue with God about these things.  We are His creation and He makes the rules.  

Just because you are not attracted to guys now doesn't mean that in the future you won't find a man who is kind, good and loving to you who will become a best friend you want to spend your life with.  So don't become fixed on this idea of being a lesbian.  It is a person's inner qualities that matter.  A man can also be filled with love, joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness gentleness and self-control.  These are the fruit of God's Spirit in people.  A godly man reflects the nature of God and will care for provide for and protect you just as Christ does the church.   Wait on God and see what He has for you.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

At just 14 years old, there's no telling how you'll feel in the future. It's a confusing time. I'd advise you to pray daily for God to open your heart and mind to His will for you, in relationships and everything else.

God does not accept homosexual behavior because it is a perversion of His created order, one man and one woman. The good news is that we all have temptations to different types of sins, and being tempted or having that desire to sin is not a sin itself. Homosexual people who abstain from actual homosexual activity are not living in sin, as best as I can tell from the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, Marry said:

Hello!
First of all, I'd like to tell you that I don't speak English fluently and I will probably make some grammatical mistakes.
I've been facing a problem for some time. I always thought I was heterosexual, even if I've never liked boys and I've always stared at girls' "features". In 2016 I realised that I wasn't exactly heterosexual. After many research, I realised that I'm actually a lesbian. I feel depressed. I can't understand why God considers homosexuality a sin. I'm talking about faithful homosexual relationships. Why is it a sin? Is it because they can't procreate? They can adopt children and raise them to be good people. I mean, the Bible doesn't talk about homosexual people who are married and really love each other. It only talks about people who are in a relationship only for sexual intercourse, which is a sin for anyone, no matter their sexual orientation.
Maybe I'm wrong and I didn't understand the Bible properly. I do not want to sin but I also don't want to marry a boy (I'm talking about the future, of course). I don't find boys attractive at all and I can't even connect with them in an emotional way. My family is very loving and understanding, we talk about anything, but homosexuality is something I can't talk about. If I asked them things about it they would realise that I'm a lesbian. I don't really need to be accepted by them or my peers, but I also don't wanna argue with them everyday because I'm a lesbian. I only need to be accepted by God, I need to understand why happily married homosexual people are not accepted by Him.
Sometimes I want to become a guy, that would make me feel free. I would love a girl without sinning. 
Thank you very much!

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

https://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 1/3/2018 at 9:47 AM, Marry said:

Hello!
Thank you very much!

Hi Marry,

It's good that you're looking for the truth and want to be accepted by God. Others have posted plenty of Biblical references, so I'll just urge you to pray and study those. Also study what the Biblical role is for women in the family and church. Can you fill that place by marrying another woman?

It might help you to know that I struggled with exactly the same things as you are, at one point. I was in high school, a few years older than you are now, when I realized that I had never once felt any attraction for a boy. Like you, I was convinced that I must be lesbian, and was frightened and confused about God's will for my life.

Now, ten years or so later... I'm still single. I believe I always will be. But honestly, the question of whether or not I'm lesbian has ceased to even be an issue. I don't seem to have attraction to men, but that's okay. Not everyone does. Maybe things will change for you. Maybe, like me, you'll have to make a choice. But doing what's right is so worth it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Mary just remember being a sinner does not mean a person is condemned..

Being a sinner and declaring that sin is not a sin and that God is false for declaring it sin will see a person condemned, if they persist with this willful sin unto death..  The sin being willful not simply because of the sin it'self but because of the sinner who decalres themselves justified in doing it...

All Christians should resist their sins as much as they can..  But their salvation is based on their believing Gods will as revealed by the Holy Bible and their trusting in the Atonement Jesus secured for the forgivness of all their sins...

So if we believe God and trust in the Atonement of Jesus all our sins shall be forgiven..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 1/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, Marry said:

Hello!
Thank you very much!

Marry...all mankind are women in the eyes of God.

If you have studied the scriptures, that is where the word of God takes you: to the knowledge that all Christians, men and women alike, are considered the bride [female] of Christ [male]. It is a revelation...and the answer to your question.

Why then, did God create them men and women? Because we are born into service, either to portray God as a man, or to portray the church as a woman. This is also why for the most part the lineage throughout the bible is only males...because it portrays the children of God [male]. It is also why Paul counseled women to be silent in church - not because men are any better, but because men speaking and women being silent, portrays God speaking and His children listening or hearing. It is also why men have the role of presiding over the flock...to portray Christ presiding over the church, and God over His children.

So, you see, if we love God and look forward to our marriage with Christ, then it is our service to portray things according to that marriage, rather than being more concerned with our own marriages among the body of the church. If we are of God, we will portray Him in this way, which we do in the service of showing the world what God has intended for His children - He means to love us in an act of marriage with Christ, that "the two should become One."

Alternatively, if we choose not to portray God's plans and step out of service, we are abandoning our rightful Spouse. In military terms: we become a deserter.

If we actually have an intimate relationship or marry someone of the same sex, then we commit adultery against God, and we portray mankind in marriage with mankind (with self, and without God).

So...it is more than a matter of whom one is attracted to in the flesh. 

Edited by ScottA
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎4‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:47 AM, Marry said:

Hello!
Thank you very much!

Hi Marry,

Pleased to meet you and talk on this very, very important topic. Do you know that at your age it is alright to admire the same sex. You are actually looking for a `hero` or `heroine` figure, what it means to be female. However you have thought that this means sexual. It doesn`t. It is normal to appreciate feminine attributes, however it is not a sign that you are a Lesbian. At your age, in this promiscuous, confused environment, of this age, then it all becomes a muddle.

Just appreciate a young woman as God has created her, and do not let the enemy influence you to believe that it is sexual.

Guard your heart, sister, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Hi dont give up. Your 14 and really are still growing up. God does love you. Being single is a option if you dont like boys. God can give you a great life being single. Corrie ten Boom never married and done great things for God. So if your attracted to girls you need to go to God. And live for him and not for yourself. He will give you grace to live single if you have too.