IGNORED

What does it mean to "keep the Sabbath"? (Read question's description)

listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,114
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Betha said:

As far as I understand the OC was based on the laws given to Moses only who then had to give them to the people , consisting mainly of ORDINANCES/works of a temporary nature....and indeed they could not save.

The OC was not based on God's 10 Holy Commandments, but the NC is and that is why it saves.....GOD SAVES. God separated the 10 from the works/ordinance commandments back  at SINAI Ex 20 when HE PERSONALLY spoke them to the people v1-18 and Deut 5v22. and added no more !!! That made the 10 a separate holy eternal law which is now in the NC written on people's hearts of flesh Heb 8. There are no other laws given by GOD personally in the NT.

There is a difference between the law given by GOD personally for all time and the law given through Moses only for a temporal time. 

Also, GOD's LAW has not changed in it's original intent -only the 'keeping of it, how we observe it in the NT. Jesus teaches us a new way of keeping/observing it (the 10 Commandments) but the Sabbath is still saturday from the beginning and is 'foundational to Creation Gen 2v2,3.  

I would disagree that the ten commandments are not part of the original covenant, but that's a different rabbit hole to fall into.....    but when the Jewish crowd accused Jesus of working on the Sabbath, he did not correct them bit openly confessed in doing so....   he also let out the Father had been working also.    You might even put into the thoughts that even circumcision was basically done away with and that preceded even the days of Moses.    In the 25th chapter of Matthew it speaks of dividing up the nations and the reasoning of putting at least some in the goat side and others in the sheep side had nothing whatsoever to do with the commandments of the first covenant.

Still haven't answered my question (that I have read so far) about going to hell by not following the ten commandments as they are written.

I understand that Gods laws of the old covenant have not changed....   and if you are not a member of the new covenant those old laws are still in effect and will send you to hell.....     But if you have declared Jesus to be your Lord and made him so those old laws are of none effect to you...      but those old laws were not given to attain eternal salvation they will not get you to heaven, just give you a more pleasant life here on earth if everyone kept them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

It is easily seen from our posts that we will never reach agreement....but I'll try once more.

I never said the 10 C's  were not part of the original Covenant...they must have been in order to be separated from it Ex 20; Deut 5. It's not a Rabbit-hole but important to know that difference was made between holy and carnal laws.

and as far as God and Jesus 'working on the Sabbath.....YES they did....but they were all the works of RIGHTEOUSNESS, which is also expected of us. 

No Mat 25 has nothing to do with the OC as it was. The law we follow now are the 10 Com's  teaching LOVE to God and neighbour, written on hearts of flesh.

Being Obedient to God does have a bearing on our lives now and in the future (Acts 5v32;  Heb 5v9)  Doing HIS WILL will either get us into His Kgd or will keep us out Mat 7v21. Being no longer commanded in the NT they seem to have lost their effect.

those people who were sent to hell in Matthew were not accused of breaking any of the ten commandments...   keep that in mind.....    nothing about not observing the sabbath or not....    it was mostly lack of love for our brother and sisters and the ten commandments only tell you what not to do concerning those other than God....

I've been here for a bit over 15 years and have had this discussion with many people and I find it rather interesting that even though you seem to believe it you and others just will not come out and say that it's a salvation issue...    and it is not.....     nothing wrong with you or anyone observing a sabbath but it you are going to preach it's a salvation issue for us all, you should be observing the Sabbath that was observed during the days of Moses....    and it is extremely restrictive in what you can and can't do....    but if not done right then usually people were killed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Betha said:

It is easily seen from our posts that we will never reach agreement....but I'll try once more.

I never said the 10 C's  were not part of the original Covenant...they must have been in order to be separated from it Ex 20; Deut 5. It's not a Rabbit-hole but important to know that difference was made between holy and carnal laws.

and as far as God and Jesus 'working on the Sabbath.....YES they did....but they were all the works of RIGHTEOUSNESS, which is also expected of us. 

No Mat 25 has nothing to do with the OC as it was. The law we follow now are the 10 Com's  teaching LOVE to God and neighbour, written on hearts of flesh.

Being Obedient to God does have a bearing on our lives now and in the future (Acts 5v32;  Heb 5v9)  Doing HIS WILL will either get us into His Kgd or will keep us out Mat 7v21. Being no longer commanded in the NT they seem to have lost their effect.

If you choose to attempt to be justified or saved by law -keeping, just remember if you break one you are guilty of breaking them all.Why reject God’s  Grace? It is God’s wonderous, unbelievable act of Love that has saved everyone who has ever been saved.It stirs up the Love that God desires above everything else and provides the motive and power to live a life that pleases our Father. “ All of those under the Law are under the curse of the Law”. Why choose a route that will make you miserable, cancel Grace and possibly send you to Hell?

1 minute ago, pinacled said:

Being that Yeshua(Jesus is Lord of the Shabbat offering rest.

There is a salvation issued, and a Washing in the name above all mankind.

He is the Way the Truth and the Light.

None come to Adonai without Him.

so what is the salvation issue....   am I on my way to hell for not doing the 4th commandment on Saturday or not....

BS

If you can't or don't want to answer a question then baffle them with BS    and that's all I'm getting on this subject..   So, I'm done with it.

• Praise God! 1

one last post to say that I don't need stealth to get points across.   I'm open, strait forward and to the point.....   I don't deal with stealth talking around in circles because I don't want to say that someone is going to hell because they don't believe as I do.....   and as I said I've seen this subject here for at least 15 years and so far only two of your belief would openly speak of it so we could have any kind of discussion about it.....    stealth is something Satan deals in and that isn't part of my life or dealings..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, other one said:

so far only two of your belief would openly speak of it so we could have any kind of discussion about it.....    

Shalom

I don't know if you are including me in that two, hopefully so. If not, make it three!

I have no stealth tactics. Ask of me and I will answer if I know. But I won't respond to disrespectful comments or attitude as I'm sure you wouldn't. Why bother? 

But if you have any questions about the Sabbath, ask away. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

so what is the salvation issue....   am I on my way to hell for not doing the 4th commandment on Saturday or not....

Let's say you were. Would you change your mind then?

But let's say it's not a salvation issue as this topic is highly charged and provocative discussion wouldn't go well! So instead, let's just say that the Father just asked it of you, simply because it was important to Him. That's all, He just asked it of you. Would you then say back "is it a salvation issue? Can you give me more reason? No, well then forget it then". Should we only care for our end and not Yahweh's wishes? 

However, if Sabbath observance is such a big deal to overcome, then don't bother. Yahweh likes a cheerful giver and a willing servant. So, if it would make you feel burdened or "under the law", then don't bother. It's better you serve Him willingly in everything you do, rather than begrudgingly in some matters.  I guess Sabbath observance isn't for you, but it is for others. 

I hope all of us can stop getting angry with each other. I know it's an important subject but loving each is even more important. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not the least bit angry, I just want t strait answer from you all if you are beating around the bush about not observing the Sabbath as the 4th commandment entails will send a person to hell...…     it really is a simple question       Yes         No...…    so I'll put it to you as a third person         Yes         No....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, other one said:

so I'll put it to you as a third person         Yes         No....

Ha! Am I in the position of Elohim to answer such a question? 

It could be yes, it could be no. 

But what I'm saying is that if you ask such a question, in such a way, then don't observe the Sabbath. That's the answer. 

To observe the Sabbath, for the purpose of salvation, is missing the whole point. To not observe it, because you think you don't HAVE to, is missing a great opportunity to please the Father. 

So for me, if I can please the Father in an act of obedience, when I'm free NOT to, then I choose to do it wholeheartly! Not as if enslaved by a "law", but as in embracing my Father's ways. Following Yahushua's footsteps. Choosing obedience in love rather in fear. 

But again, if your motive is either salvation or just to obey the "necessities", then it's best to leave it. I kinda see that as an unacceptable/blemished offering. So I don't think it would be profitable that way.

Please brother, be cautiously aware of your judgments over such matters. If you want to judge Yahweh's Torah on a "yes or no" basis only, cut and dry, and straight down the line - you might find yourself on the receiving end of similar questioning tactics when you give account before Him. Some matters require thought and discussion, rather than coldly just saying yes or no. 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Since being saved, Saturday ,Sunday, Christmas and Easter have no special meaning for me....I worship the same everyday.The Sabbath has always been a shadow of resting in the finished work of the Cross.If you don’t learn to live in this manner, all this back and forth about which day , etc , May just wind up things to  remanence about while you wile away the  hours in a very hot place.Maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1