IGNORED

WorthyNews: Hawaii says lack of adequate fail-safe measures led to false missile alert

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357

I just can't imagine the fear and terror of thinking a potential nuke is headed your way and there is really no protection from that.  A single nuke would wipe out the entire entire Hawaiian Island group, not just the main Island.  I mean, you would be scared to death. And then find out, "Oops, we're sorry, it was just a mistake."  That would be hard to recover from after about 40 minutes of thinking your life was over.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I wonder about that too.   This "error" wasn't like some accidentally  hit the button with their elbow when getting up to get a cup of coffee.  It is a button on a computer screen that you have to move your mouse over and click on it. And most buttons like that would have a pop up message like, "do you really want to perform this action?"  And then you have to answer yes or no before the action is taken.

So I am skeptical that this was just an accident, but I am open to being wrong.

So I am skeptical that this was just an accident

I'm very skeptical too about this.

I know there are people with mental health problems  in positions they should not be in ( Can't get into this )

But how to prevent something from happening again? A mental health test can be deceiving as somebody can give the right answers but is mentally unstable,we live in a very scary world where our only hope is in God,everything what used  to be wrong is now explanable :( 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I just can't imagine the fear and terror of thinking a potential nuke is headed your way and there is really no protection from that.  A single nuke would wipe out the entire entire Hawaiian Island group, not just the main Island.  I mean, you would be scared to death. And then find out, "Oops, we're sorry, it was just a mistake."  That would be hard to recover from after about 40 minutes of thinking your life was over.

Yep , unimaginable, it does show us that we have to have our priorities straight .

Would Israel have been prepared for something like this?

We don't see everything in the news what happened when the people heard about this, must have been very chaotic !

Something like when the rapture happens..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I wonder about that too.   This "error" wasn't like some accidentally  hit the button with their elbow when getting up to get a cup of coffee.  It is a button on a computer screen that you have to move your mouse over and click on it. And most buttons like that would have a pop up message like, "do you really want to perform this action?"  And then you have to answer yes or no before the action is taken.

So I am skeptical that this was just an accident, but I am open to being wrong.

I have had a couple of people already tell me the same thing...that they don't believe it was an accident.  In any case, the powers that be need to get a handle on such things quickly.  Those poor people were terrified.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I wonder about that too.   This "error" wasn't like some accidentally  hit the button with their elbow when getting up to get a cup of coffee.  It is a button on a computer screen that you have to move your mouse over and click on it. And most buttons like that would have a pop up message like, "do you really want to perform this action?"  And then you have to answer yes or no before the action is taken....

It's not a technical issue, but an organizational one in which a single state employee could trigger a nuclear alert without the approval of am immediate supervisor or other overseer.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

It's not a technical issue, but an organizational one in which a single state employee could trigger a nuclear alert without the approval of am immediate supervisor or other overseer.

It is both a technical and a organizational issue.  And the person who double-clicked on the alert button needs to be fired.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It is both a technical and a organizational issue.  And the person who double-clicked on the alert button needs to be fired.

Simply replacing the employee without addressing the failure of the state's organizational chart will just result in another incident somewhere down the road.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Simply replacing the employee without addressing the failure of the state's organizational chart will just result in another incident somewhere down the road.

I didn't say that should be the only action taken.

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Firing the individual in question should only be the beginning....

Maybe "the individual in question" should be named "employee of the month" for exposing a very broken civil defense system?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Yep , unimaginable, it does show us that we have to have our priorities straight .

Would Israel have been prepared for something like this?

We don't see everything in the news what happened when the people heard about this, must have been very chaotic !

Something like when the rapture happens..

Hey, maybe somebody talked to God because of this!