• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Sorry @simplejeff

The group of Jehovah's who chapped on my door recently stated that they believed only 144,000 faithful Christians would enter the kingdom of heaven. I do not follow the Jehovah Witness ways, as such, so therefore do not know the ins and outs of it all 

Next time they state that; you should ask them "How many JW  are there again world wide?"

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

And Paul said he went to the third heaven. He called it paradise. So you seem not to understand clear scriptures. Keep twisting unto your own fall.You won't state which church org you belong too. That says alot.

And did Paul come back reporting seeing the thief or any souls for that matter?

You do release Paul taken to heaven was given a eschatological view; a prophetic view  of new heaven and new earth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You do release Paul taken to heaven was given a eschatological view; a prophetic view  of new heaven and new earth?

I Thessalonians 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Gleaning from some scriptures that come to mind with this.......there might be other passages that yield further information..........Jesus told the thief on the cross that this day he would be with Him in paradise.  Also the story Jesus told about the rich man and the beggar Lazarus at his gate.....when the beggar died his soul went to be in the bosom of Abraham in a heavenly place apparently, while the rich man was in hell and torment.  This makes me think that "sleep" in reference to death really only applies to our bodies because it is they which will be resurrected again.....while the soul/spirit is eternal.  At the resurrection the souls of believers will be returned to our bodies made incorruptible in the twinkling of an eye, while at the second resurrection the souls of sinners will return to their physical bodies and then cast into the lake of fire, called the second death.  Also where we are told we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses......it seems to give an impression that those who have gone on before us have consciousness if they are witnessing in some sense our race on earth (if that is the right way to understand it).

I sure don't fully understand that all.   BUT THIS I KNOW VERY DEEP<  IF we don't follow JESUS and love HIS sayings ,   none of this mattered anyway.

MOUNT UP PEOPLES.    Our walk don't end the day God draws us to Christ .   IT BEGINS.   be looking diligently now ,  lest any fail of the grace of GOD

lest any root of bitterness spring up and thereby MANY be defiled.    Just a quick reminder for us all.   that and FLEE the all inclusive satanic ecumenical world peace lie

Rome gave birth too and the rest of her harlot daughters are beginning to feed from .    IF yall know anyone with any connection to catholocism.

OUT OF LOVE , out of mercy help pull them out fast .  Be blessed now and praise the Lord peoples.   

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

FALSE TEACHERS IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

2 Peter 2:1 "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly BRING IN DESTRUCTIVE HERESIES, even denying the Master who bought them, BRINGING UPON THEMSELVES SWIFT DESTRUCTION. "

Titus 1:13 "This testimony is true. Therefore, REBUKE THEM SHARPLY, that they may be sound in the faith,

Romans 16:17 "I appeal to you, brothers, to WATCH OUT FOR THOSE  who CAUSE DIVISIONS and CREATE OBSTACLES CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT;  AVOID them."

SPREADING FALSE TEACHINGS without conscience or remorse is what's truly OFFENSIVE.

SPREADING FALSE TEACHINGS without conscience or remorse is what's truly OFFENSIVE

Its why every time I even see or hear of that all inclusive rome led and others too religion,    its like a fire sets in.   Anyway be blessed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Everyone who reads Scripture,  to whom YHWH grants even simple understanding,

knows that YHWH is opposed to everything roman catholic in origin.

Yes,  it is the MIND OF CHRIST, HIS WORD, HIS OPINION>  thanks ! 

There are some Catholic members who would shame us in there love for Christ. Yes some of there doctrine is way off. But does not exclude them from salvation if they trust christ.

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

He went into heaven. What God wanted to show him is what he saw. 

6 hours ago, inchrist said:

Wayne...you making things personal now. You are obsessing over me and now making me the subject by trying to place me in some kind of box. But if you would like to know I came from Catholicism.

Unfortunately that is how fights start by mischaracterizing a person. It's offensive. Can we not have a discussion or do you want to fight? 

Instead scripture is the subject and focus.

His sons come to honor and he does not know it; they are brought low  and he does not perceive it" (Job 14:21)

"For in death there is NO REMEMBRANCE OF YOU; in the grave who will give you thanks?" (Psalm 6:5).

"The DEAD do not praise the LORD, nor any who go down into silence" (Psalm 115:17).

"His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; in that very day his plans perish" (Psalm 146:4)

Now wayne I'm not interested in insults.... please can you harmonize the parable of Lazarus  and the rich man with your doctrine with the above verses of the dead.

Then explain how the parable is not the resurrection?

Again I'll repeat; I'm not interested in further insults.

I am interested in you establishing your doctrine to be true and proving mine  false first, before making such claims about me. 

Not at all I hardly responded to you.  Some in Jesus day did not believe him. Jesus is the one who said he open in his eyes in Hades.  And said the rich man wanted Lazarus sent from the dead. It's clear that the body died but the spirit lives on. Of course the bodies of the dead. The dead body does not praise any more.Under the sun our thoughts perish because we live in our bodies. But our spirits live on knowing only the things of either paradise or Hades. No one can speak to you once your body is dead. But in heaven we will speak to others,in heaven. Just like Lazarus spoke to Abraham. Did not Moses and Elijah appear on the holy mount with Christ. But Moses died long ago.

10 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I Thessalonians 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

in otherwords wingnuts interpretation

God will bring with him souls of those who have fallen asleep.

Thats not what Scripture teaches at all.

Genesis 2:7: “Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the
ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living soul.”

Dust (Body) + Breath (spirit) = Soul

This means man does not “have” a soul, he is a soul who has a spirit. The soul is the whole man. 

in otherwords I Thessalonians 4:1 is interpreted as the following

God will bring with him the spirits (Breath) of those who have fallen asleep.

confirmed by Ecclesiastes 12:7

and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Clearly if the the spirit (Breath) returns to God, Christ must come to return the breath to believers.

The contextual Background of I Thessalonians 4:13

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.

The greek pagans and Gnostics had their hope in immortal souls, We DO NOT have our hope in the doctrine called immortal souls, OUR HOPE is in the RESURRECTION 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Davida said:

FALSE TEACHERS IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

2 Peter 2:1 "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly BRING IN DESTRUCTIVE HERESIES, even denying the Master who bought them, BRINGING UPON THEMSELVES SWIFT DESTRUCTION. "

Titus 1:13 "This testimony is true. Therefore, REBUKE THEM SHARPLY, that they may be sound in the faith,

Romans 16:17 "I appeal to you, brothers, to WATCH OUT FOR THOSE  who CAUSE DIVISIONS and CREATE OBSTACLES CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT;  AVOID them."

SPREADING FALSE TEACHINGS without conscience or remorse is what's truly OFFENSIVE.

Then you better repent my dear.

Gen 3:4 "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman.

Immortal Soul Doctrine:  you surely shall not die. 

No we wont will we Divida, because we have an immortal soul don't we?

Gnosticism (immortal Souls) 

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/zostr-jdt.html

versus

Scripture

“For what is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is
it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at his coming?”
(I Thess. 2:19).

If disembodied souls are able to live and enjoy the presence of God in heaven for eternity, then what is the need of a resurrection?  Thank you for shifting our HOPE and JOY to something else.

Death takes away life, it does not give life ( Immortal souls). Life is in the resurrection, not death. 

Please shift our hope and joy BACK to where GOD stated it is to come from, RESURRECTION at the coming of Christ.