• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

The question:

Talking in a Church about some discipline, we often hear the argument, This is not an army! What would you say to that?

My answer:

If you mean the Believers are late to Church Services and Small Groups, it's a sure sign that GOD is not First for them. As for that argument you hear, make sure the people know what they talk about. Verily, far not everyone has ever been to the military.

As for me, I've been there (don't want anymore) and therefore may say better of those dumped years of mine. Sure, the Church of GOD is neither army nor navy and shouldn't have anything to do with either their order or their disorder – all of the same evil origin.

Let's consider these Scriptures to better understand the Discipline we need.

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first...  (Matthew 12:43-45)

...Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your Minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be Servant of all.  (Mark 10:42-44)

Is any sick among you? let him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with Oil in the Name of the Lord...  (James 5:14)

So, what do you think is common in the above Verses?

Lo, in Spirit War there are regulations which quite resemble one another on both sides of the front line. Those regulations are not even close to those of worldly military. For the higher ranks in the spirit realm presume a higher understanding, not a higher pride. For millenniums both fighting sides have clearly seen their victories impossible without that kind of order & discipline.

Scripture reference: Proverbs 11:2 (pride & shame)

Proverbs 16:5 (abomination of pride)

Proverbs 16:18 (pride & fall)

1Corinthians 4:7 (foolishness of pride)

2Corinthians 10:5 & Philippians 4:8 (purify your mind)

The above is taken from Q & A book, chapter 87,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

Edited by Igor Evgen
Scripture reference

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

The question:

Talking in a Church about some discipline, we often hear the argument, This is not an army! What would you say to that?

My answer:

If you mean the Believers are late to Church Services and Small Groups, it's a sure sign that GOD is not First for them. As for that argument you hear, make sure the people know what they talk about. Verily, far not everyone has ever been to the military.

As for me, I've been there (don't want anymore) and therefore may say better of those dumped years of mine. Sure, the Church of GOD is neither army nor navy and shouldn't have anything to do with either their order or their disorder – all of the same evil origin.

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first...  (Matthew 12:43-45)

...Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your Minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be Servant of all.  (Mark 10:42-44)

Is any sick among you? let him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with Oil in the Name of the Lord...  (James 5:14)

Lo, in Spirit War there are regulations which quite resemble one another on both sides of the front line. Those regulations are not even close to those of worldly military. For the higher ranks in the spirit realm presume a higher understanding, not a higher pride. For millenniums both fighting sides have clearly seen their victories impossible without that kind of order & discipline.

I think that a person who is going to worship God and that is the number one reason why they are there should make it obvious that God is important to them. I did not see this at Church. It seemed like socializing was more important. It seemed like having their cells phones ring was more important. And sipping their coffee lattes while listening to the sermon was more important. In my opinion the Church has changed in a big way. Not for the positive. People are not putting God number one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 1/25/2018 at 3:28 AM, missmuffet said:

I think that a person who is going to worship God and that is the number one reason why they are there should make it obvious that God is important to them. I did not see this at Church. It seemed like socializing was more important. It seemed like having their cells phones ring was more important. And sipping their coffee lattes while listening to the sermon was more important. In my opinion the Church has changed in a big way. Not for the positive. People are not putting God number one.

This may be the case for what I call main stream christianity and churches but there are some really good churches out there still that truly preach God's Word. I attend such a church. We have to be careful we don't make an assumption that every church is the same and living for themselves. Just my two cents. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

This may be the case for what I call main stream christianity and churches but there are some really good churches out there still that truly preach God's Word. I attend such a church. We have to be careful we don't make an assumption that every church is the same and living for themselves. Just my two cents. 

I am sure there are still a handful of Churches where God is among them. Like the Church of Philadelphia in the book of Revelations. It is hard to find them and they are few.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, missmuffet said:

Sister we LOVE JESUS and HIS SAYINGS and all who do so are the church , the body of Christ .  Sadly the ones I visited, yeah its bad, real bad.

But we LOVE OUR LORD.    and if you need prayers we pray one for the other .    We need to feed on truth , so we edify one the other.

Don't let many of the SOLD out ever condemn you for your love of truth and just wanting fellowship with those who love truth and not the mix.

You loved sister.   what is mine is yours.    Those who love the LORD are my family and those who love the mix are not .  I will pray for them to repent

and have true knowledge of Christ .    WE will by grace be here for each other and pray for each other and when times get rough

WE shall overcome and abound IN HIM.     You loved sister . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am sure there are still a handful of Churches where God is among them. Like the Church of Philadelphia in the book of Revelations. It is hard to find them and they are few.

I generally agree with you, but at the same time you have to think how does a church become a faithful church? It is not going to happen over night it starts with the faithful in a church stepping up and leading by example. Don't run around trying to find that perfect church, because you likely won't find it, be the difference in your church so that others will see and grow in faith and maturity. Look at the Corinthian church, there were so many problems but Paul didn't write them and say, "those of you who are faithful find a better church or start a new church." He send them correction, instruction and wisdom and Titus so that they might be the change and we see in 2 Corinthians that they changed, so much so that Paul was proud of them and how far they had come.

And regards to church discipline this will only come with maturity and growth. Trying to force it will only lead to pain and heartache. We are the come alongside people and gently correct them, not beat them every time they slip up.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm not sure I would count being late for Service as a sign of God not being first. Have you  ever tried rounding up 6 or 7 rugrats for Church, and get there on time? LOL

Um . . . lets see. Velcro comes to mind . . . or duct tape . . . :laugh:

Or maybe a lasso, wild west style!  :)

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was tempted to give you the 'please stop fighting' smiley. LOL

I'm afraid I don't know which one that smiley is.  lol

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Go back and look to the bottom right of that post. LOL

okay. got it.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 1/24/2018 at 5:02 AM, Igor Evgen said:

The question:

My answer:

Scripture reference: Proverbs 11:2 (pride & shame)

Proverbs 16:5 (abomination of pride)

Proverbs 16:18 (pride & fall)

1Corinthians 4:7 (foolishness of pride)

2Corinthians 10:5 & Philippians 4:8 (purify your mind)

Igor, you are like a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed your comments.

As for discipline: He who has laid down his life is no longer under discipline, but under grace, for he has entered the rest of God.

But, something tells me you mean behavior in church. Which comes under love. If one does not have discipline, he does not have love, and does not have God. If he does not have God, welcome him and give him your seat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1