• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

These are the kinds of statements I have a problem with, as do others here. 

Since you know me so well, what I do and do not do, what I do and do not believe, then perhaps you can explain to me how I conduct my Christian walk.  Perhaps you can explain to me what church I attend, what churches I have attended in the past, and what my stance is, doctrinally.  Perhaps you can share with me how I study the Bible, what parts of it I study, if I study it at all, and what kind of training I have it comes to interpretation, theology and doctrine.  Because the above statement looks good from your side.  It looks caring and concerned but on the other side, to the person reading it, it implies you know more about the person's Christian life than they do.  I want to test that theory and see if you actually know that much about me and how I am now, or have conducted my Christian walk.  Surely you would know what my favorite book of the Bible is.  Take your time.

Those words I told you .  that advice or reminder .    Get each and all who does have a problem with my constant reminders

to come and tell me I need to be doing that .......................ID FAINT WITH JOY.   I WOULD PROBABLY PASS OUT being so overwhelmed with JOY .  

Somone on this site, whose name I wont bring up .  When I first came  here and was talking about following the Spirit

they said YOU NEED to be reading your bible so you can test those spirits or spirit .    I CAME BACK REJOICING , REJOICING COBALT

EVEN though by grace I have loved reading the bible for hours daily for nigh twelve years.  I did not come back all offended cause by golly I am some thing .

NOPE I am nothing .  BUT MAN when I hear truth its like I get so over joyed.   

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No.  I asked you specific questions and you need to answer them.  You told me, directly, to "return to Bible-only" reading.  That was not directed in a generality, it was directed at me, so you will have to deal with what I posted.  You made the statement and you need to deal with it, directly, not tell me what James warned about or go off on another tangent.  I'll post what I said again:

Since you know me so well, what I do and do not do, what I do and do not believe, then perhaps you can explain to me how I conduct my Christian walk.  Perhaps you can explain to me what church I attend, what churches I have attended in the past, and what my stance is, doctrinally.  Perhaps you can share with me how I study the Bible, what parts of it I study, if I study it at all, and what kind of training I have it comes to interpretation, theology and doctrine.  Because the above statement looks good from your side.  It looks caring and concerned but on the other side, to the person reading it, it implies you know more about the person's Christian life than they do.  I want to test that theory and see if you actually know that much about me and how I am now, or have conducted my Christian walk.  Surely you would know what my favorite book of the Bible is.  Take your time.

You inferred that I do not read my Bible, or do not read it right and you are going to have to deal with the statement, one way or another.

The other one told me the same thing and all I did was rejoice .   They assumed wrong about me , but I only rejoiced.

But if you want to know why I told you to go back to bible only reading .  IS because if you aint you need to be.  

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No.  I asked you specific questions and you need to answer them.  You told me, directly, to "return to Bible-only" reading.  That was not directed in a generality, it was directed at me, so you will have to deal with what I posted.  You made the statement and you need to deal with it, directly, not tell me what James warned about or go off on another tangent.  I'll post what I said again:

Since you know me so well, what I do and do not do, what I do and do not believe, then perhaps you can explain to me how I conduct my Christian walk.  Perhaps you can explain to me what church I attend, what churches I have attended in the past, and what my stance is, doctrinally.  Perhaps you can share with me how I study the Bible, what parts of it I study, if I study it at all, and what kind of training I have it comes to interpretation, theology and doctrine.  Because the above statement looks good from your side.  It looks caring and concerned but on the other side, to the person reading it, it implies you know more about the person's Christian life than they do.  I want to test that theory and see if you actually know that much about me and how I am now, or have conducted my Christian walk.  Surely you would know what my favorite book of the Bible is.  Take your time.

You inferred that I do not read my Bible, or do not read it right and you are going to have to deal with the statement, one way or another.

Yes.  and I am going to keep on reminding every one to do the same , if they are amen, IF NOT do it .   

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It is always telling when one makes a very specific statement, and then, when questioned about it, backs away from it as if it is hot.  The comment was directed at me.  A wise person would just answer the questions I ask and clarify what they meant.  If you can't, it would then be wise to simply say, "I really don't know that much about your, or anyone else's walk with God, and I will stop making assumptions."

then may I be dumber than dumb.   for I will never cease reminding all to read that bible for hours daily.    be blessed cobalt .  

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

then may I be dumber than dumb.   for I will never cease reminding all to read that bible for hours daily.    be blessed cobalt .  

HalleluYAH!    Read that Bible for hours daily and trust the Author always  !   Amen !  Trust and Rely on Jesus all the time !

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I never said that you were dumb.  I do not think you are dumb.  You have zeal, and that is apparent, but it isn't always channeled right.  Blanket statements are never accurate, they are never beneficial and they are never edifying.  It is never beneficial to anyone to go around crying that "ALL THE CHURCHES ARE WRONG!!!!!"  Because that is false.

The concept of a believer having personal discernment and personal conviction when it comes to certain things seems to be a concept lacking in some of the more legalistic believers in today's society.  Legalism never brings anyone closer to God.  Personal conviction does.

I never want that fire that has died in many to burn out of me .     And I didn't say you said I was dumb.  you just made the statemtent a wise man.

Cobalt we need the fire to burn bright in many again .   Their is such a thing as first love , first faith .     I did not say all churches were in error.  JUST the ones I seen and visted.

that is scary cobalt .   now I have no doubt , none that true beleivers are still gathering .    But even when I one tried to just point me to one

they brough john piper for crying out loud.  the man is false .  tell you what cobalt ,  recommend some pastors or teachers YOU KNOW follow GOD.

that is a start aint it .   

32 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When is 'Joy' (a fruit of the Spirit) ever inappropriate?

You introduced your whole rebellion scenario onto my post which had to do with joy in relation to worship and nothing to do with rebellion. I certainly don't know why.

OBTW, praise (from the heart) is part of obedience.

ITS BY PRAISE WE ENTER IN .    PRESS IN PEOPLES ENTER THE COURTS OF THE LORD WITH THANKSGIVING and PRAISE .    sing it peoples , sing it

sing to the LORD .   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Since you know me so well, what I do and do not do, what I do and do not believe, then perhaps you can explain to me how I conduct my Christian walk.  Perhaps you can explain to me what church I attend, what churches I have attended in the past, and what my stance is, doctrinally.  Perhaps you can share with me how I study the Bible, what parts of it I study, if I study it at all, and what kind of training I have it comes to interpretation, theology and doctrine.  Because the above statement looks good from your side.  It looks caring and concerned but on the other side, to the person reading it, it implies you know more about the person's Christian life than they do.  I want to test that theory and see if you actually know that much about me and how I am now, or have conducted my Christian walk.  Surely you would know what my favorite book of the Bible is.  Take your time.

It doesn't matter what other Christians think about you, but what God knows about you and what you know about yourself before God. You need to know--- as do we all---that you are doing His will and that He is pleased with you. If think we have such peace, but are not keeping His commandments as we know them, that peace is a phony peace. It may be peace of mind for having what we want, but it's not peace from God.

Why should you care what I or any other Christian thinks or knows about your walk with Jesus? Is He pleased with it? How do you know? Are you keeping His commandments (the commandments of the New Testament) to the best of your knowledge and ability? Are you doing your best to please Him and living for Him as you know He wants you to?

(These are not questions to answer to me, by the way, so please don't.)

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our hearts before Him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart and He knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him. (1 John 3:19-22)

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. (1 John 4:18)

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. (Hebrews 4:12,13)

Don't assume that a person who preaches hard truths is a hypocrite. Hopefully they aren't, for the same word of truth that judges others also judges the one who delivers the message. A wise man lives transparently before God, in full expectation of giving an account to Him; for nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When is 'Joy' (a fruit of the Spirit) ever inappropriate?

You introduced your whole rebellion scenario onto my post which had to do with joy in relation to worship and nothing to do with rebellion. I certainly don't know why.

OBTW, praise (from the heart) is part of obedience.

I believe the meaning of my previous posts was clear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

By all means we got joy,    say it again yowm.   the pure joy of knowing Him .    

I got the joy, joy,joy,joy down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart! where? Down in my heart!  :anv20181:

• Thumbs Up 2