listener24

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

(mine is one called "the Gospel of John")

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

9 minutes ago, listener24 said:

I've seen that one, I like it too. My favorite is The Passion of the Christ 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I liked the Nativity.  It was fairly realistic.  Instead of cute clean little shepherd boys like they normally portray, the shepherds were dirtier than a street person having been sleeping and living with their sheep.  It was to these people who were despised and unfit to enter the Temple that first visited the Christ Infant.  It was they who were visited by angels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

To be honest, I avoid most Bible based movies and videos.  The imagery of video and audio dialog is just too overwhelming and produces memories that come unbidden to mind as I read.  I don't want some cinematographer's and screenwriter's opinion of things to fill in the blanks as I read the Bible.  I'd much rather just see images from actual archeological sites and more accurate historical reconstructions of various things and then fill in the mental pictures on my own from those.   It's been so long since I've really seen much that most images from any movies or videos are now largely a blur of a general background for me.

That's just me.  I'm not down on movies like this and if people like them that's fine; it's just that they're not for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I saw one many, many years ago and I liked it back then. It was "Jesus of Nazareth". But I was not as solid in the Word of God as I am now.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I saw one many, many years ago and I liked it back then. It was "Jesus of Nazareth". But I was not as solid in the Word of God as I am now.

Yes .     our sister feasts on the words of the holy scrips.    Feast away sister .     feast away.   be blessed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 2/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, listener24 said:

Jesus of Nazareth, 1977, with Robert Powell playing Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

11 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

To be honest, I avoid most Bible based movies and videos.  The imagery of video and audio dialog is just too overwhelming and produces memories that come unbidden to mind as I read.  I don't want some cinematographer's and screenwriter's opinion of things to fill in the blanks as I read the Bible.  I'd much rather just see images from actual archeological sites and more accurate historical reconstructions of various things and then fill in the mental pictures on my own from those.   It's been so long since I've really seen much that most images from any movies or videos are now largely a blur of a general background for me.

That's just me.  I'm not down on movies like this and if people like them that's fine; it's just that they're not for me.

I tend to avoid them myself especially the newer movies because they tend to stray badly from scripture. 

The older movies can make mistakes too but most of them are still far more accurate. Therefore given a choice between Ten Commandments (Heston's version) and the ecumenical/Catholic stuff on TV today, well, the choice is plenty obvious

Forgot one, Quo Vadis, 1951. excellent movie. I have the dvd at home (as well as Ten Commandments and Jesus of Nazareth) and cant get enough of it. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The Jesus Film for me.  To me it is the most accurate out of all of them. It is based on the Gospel of Luke. Quite honestly I don't watch many of them because at some point (other than the one I mentioned) I get disgusted and turn the thing off because what I am seeing isn't even coming close. Directors tend to use a lot of liberties because they have to make the movie exciting to watch otherwise people wouldn't watch movies in general. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

18 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The Jesus Film for me.  To me it is the most accurate out of all of them. It is based on the Gospel of Luke. Quite honestly I don't watch many of them because at some point (other than the one I mentioned) I get disgusted and turn the thing off because what I am seeing isn't even coming close. Directors tend to use a lot of liberties because they have to make the movie exciting to watch otherwise people wouldn't watch movies in general. 

Passion of the christ.