• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

That explanation was almost amusing. It soured like it was a Got Questions expose. They have a pattern to their answers. It was not was it. I have unique points of view. I just don't see things like most people do. So I expect you to disagree. There are a few times, not many, where God leaves us wondering. Being God He can make something seem sure to some people but not to others. Believe I am well aware that the traditional Christian answer to salvation is each of us must do it for ourselves. There are many churches, religions and denominations who slant it a bit different. I say the norm is that each person has to accept Jesus themselves. I agree for the most part. My problem with this is it paints God to be very willing to throw certain people into hell that probably don't belong there. Jere's another riddle. Remember when I said I have a hunch Jesus has a most unusual sense of humor/ But then mot a 1 of us could think of where we see what Jesus finds amusing.

I admit never even spent much time on this question. It's in 1 Cor chapter 15 29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?" I don't shine here I never even knew people were baptized for the dead. It raises some interesting possibility.I say this because it always hotbed me how quick and easily our loving God was able to put people to their deaths. He had the best of reasons. Better than I imagined. All I will say now is God has real enemies. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

10 hours ago, JTC said:

are you saying that scripture means an unsaved person who is married to a saved one will be saved due to the mate's faith?

Definitely no. Only Jesus saves, if you are in the faith and your wife or husband is not... If he/she remain an unbeliever (no faith), he/she will be condemned.

"For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband?
Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?" - 1 Corinthians 7:16

"I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left." - Luke 17:34

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, JTC said:

Believe I am well aware that the traditional Christian answer to salvation is each of us must do it for ourselves.

The traditional answers are today not usually found in nor from Scripture, nor in line with Scripture.

4 hours ago, JTC said:

There are many churches, religions and denominations who slant it a bit different. I say the norm is that each person has to accept Jesus themselves. I agree for the most part. My problem with this is it paints God to be very willing to throw certain people into hell that probably don't belong there.

YHVH'S Justice is Perfect, and HE is Perfect in Judgment.  There is no unrighteousness in HIM.  Everyone will be judged righteously and perfectly,  and YHVH'S Mercy will not impair His Judgment nor withhold it,  nor allow someone to be condemned unjustly.   Each person will be judged for what they do,  and for what is in their heart, as shown throughout Scripture.    Every word they speak in their life will be judged or accounted for, as written in Scripture.  Few organizations on earth ever practice according to Scripture, YHVH'S WAY.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/16/2018 at 6:31 PM, creativemechanic said:

Was talking to a coworker  and the topic of unequally yoked cameup. she explained that if when her pastor is  doing marital counselling he realises the couple is unequally  yoked (presumably 1 saved the other unsaved) , he refuses to marry them.

that's a principle I never really thought of. what do u think of it

I have no issue. A pastor has every right to marry or not marry someone. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I have no issue. A pastor has every right to marry or not marry someone. 

absolutely, that pastor is responsible to be scriptural