IGNORED

Billy Graham Passed Away This Morning

KPaulG

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I agree. 

Discussing the rightness or wrongness of his message is one thing. Claiming he is unsaved crosses the line though. 

I agree with you on that point.  I wouldn't go around saying he is in hell.  I was at an Independent Baptist Church not too long ago, and the minister said Graham was going to hell along with a lot of other ministers for preaching false doctrine or in some cases, for not preaching strong enough warnings about sin and hell.  I don't agree with doing that.  One of those ministers was Joel Osteen.  There is no question he is extremely unbalanced in his teachings, but I wouldn't say he is going to hell.  That is not up to me.  I am not his judge.  I can only look at the doctrine and examine it in light of scripture.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Here is something else I found just now about BG's false teaching

As we all know, you can't post videos in the forums.  See site rules.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

26 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have a family member that was saved through Jimmy Swaggart's ministry, and I used to be a monthly supporter and went to his crusades every time he came to the area.  I know of a person that was saved as a result of the movie, "Jesus Christ, Superstar."  Do we just turn a blind eye to things that aren't right because some people were saved as a result of them?  It is possible someone could get worried about the end times after watching "The Omen" series, but they are not close to Biblically accurate.  There are people today calling Billy Graham the greatest preacher ever, and based on what I saw him say, that is hardly true.  There have been many great evangelists that preached the Bible without compromise and led many souls to Christ.  

The facts are what they are.  I would imagine a lot of people were saved through his crusades, but that doesn't change his beliefs and teachings. 

Nope we are not to turn a blind eye to the false stuff. I have no problem with discussing issues related to his messages. I was just relating how there was still good fruit to come out of his crusades. But since my hubby got saved in the late 60s, early 70s, that was likely before his message got tainted. (Assuming what yall are saying is the truth. I have not looked into it to say one way or another.)

9 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Nope we are not to turn a blind eye to the false stuff. I have no problem with discussing issues related to his messages. I was just relating how there was still good fruit to come out of his crusades. But since my hubby got saved in the late 60s, early 70s, that was likely before his message got tainted. (Assuming what yall are saying is the truth. I have not looked into it to say one way or another.)

I couldn't verify any of this stuff till this morning.  I didn't even go to YouTube seeking bad things about Billy Graham.  I had never heard him preach, so I was going to listen to one of his sermons, and found all of that stuff.  Even then, without hearing him actually say it, I wouldn't have necessarily believed it.  I didn't take the word of that Baptist preacher.  

I know the rules, so if I had been able to, even though it was convenient to use the links, I would have removed them immediately.  Not everyone here knows they can't post videos.  Matrix has had me on ignore for sometime, so she had no idea of anything I was posting, even if it was a direct reply to her.  Being just a member, I would have taken advantage of them till they were gone, although I could just as easily bypassed Worthy and gone directly to the source.  I go to YouTube all the time to look at all kind of videos, from documentaries to old movies and tv shows that are not available anywhere else to old time radio programs to listening to sermons.  

30 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

As we all know, you can't post videos in the forums.  See site rules.

Apparently, not everyone knows that.   I messed up when I first joined WB by not reading the TOS and immediately got in trouble.  It is best to read the rules, like it is best to read instructions before trying to put something together, but not everyone does that either.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This thread has been locked. Just for clarification. We do not allow videos to be posted outside of the video forum. If you post one, they will not be moved and reviewed for approval. They will be deleted immediately most of the time. Please don't post them in hopes people will get a chance to look at them before they are taken down. If it is determined that one is willfully doing this, they will be banned from the thread and could even be placed on moderator review.