• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, QuirkyPanda said:

Hi everyone. I'm turning 22 pretty soon and it's for me to thinking on my current situation. Since about a few years ago I've been contemplating my singleness and it has been frustrating dealing with loneliness in my life. I've been a loner all my life. I've never really had any friends or a girlfrirnd. I go to church and a few social programs but I always distance myself from everyone. I'm not good at socializing and I'm afraid I'll never be able to share the good news of Jesus with anyone. God expects us to share this news with everyone, it's the entire reason we a live on earth. But I'm just not confident. I have self esteem issues and I just don't feel I can develop the relationships or courage required to fill out this mission. What can I do?

I just don't want to feel lonely anymore. I feel so depressed right now and I've been contemplating suicide the last few months. I already have a plan and the means of doing so. I'm scared and the feelings I'm having hurt. Please tell me what I can do?

Hi QuirkyPanda,

Pleased to meet you, and glad that you are sharing. Look already you have made some contact with people here who accept you and are on your side. You have shared your heart and people are feeling for you. Why? Because we are all broken and needing help from each other.

Now it seems to me the enemy is trying to get you to focus on one point and build up a terrible picture for you. To combat this `bad movie` in your mind you need to - everyday think of all the good things you have and thank the Lord. Even make a list, as our minds can wander. A list can help keep us focus. For example -

- health, arms, legs - (some people don`t even have those)family, food, clean water, clothes, a home, a safe place to walk around, shops where you can go and buy things, etc, etc. be specific if you can as it really builds up a picture of what you have and NOT what the enemy would try and trick you into thinking you don`t have or never will have.

Too much looking at self would make us all down hearted. Like Deb said see where you can help others, visit the elderly, help at schools, hospitals, animal shelters, etc etc. As you do that you will see a different picture of yourself as you will be focussed on others. That is sharing God with others - helping. People really will not listen to what we say (about Jesus) UNTIL they see how much we care for them.

all the best, and praying for you to step out and help others. Marilyn. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Dying to self is the most painful part of the Christian walk.  But it is entirely necessary, and is sometimes an ongoing process. John the Baptist said that I must decrease the He might increase.  While he was speaking of his ministry, we all can say it in dying to our wills and allowing God's will to be done in us.  Jesus said "not my will but Thine be done!" when he was going to the cross.  It is because of His death that we live.  And it is by dying to our own desires that He is able to live in us.

What you are not able to do in your own strength, Christ in you is able to do.  Once I was a lot like you, but God changed me as I forced myself to reach out to others and become interested in their lives.  Reach out to someone who needs a friend. That is what Jesus did.  Become less an introvert; Less shy and fearful; till you care more about what God thinks than what people think of you.  It hurts to be rejected and ridiculed.  But that is the life that Christ led as well.  So we identify with His sufferings.  And we are promised that others will treat us they way they treated Jesus.     

Mat 5:3  "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:4  "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Mat 5:5  "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Mat 5:6  "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Mat 5:7  "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Mat 5:8  "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Mat 5:9  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Mat 5:10  "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:11  "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

Mat 5:12  Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I think a book or tape of Leanne Payne's would help your identity issues and maybe pave the way for a better and freer life. I went to a week long seminar of hers when she was alive. It was in Holland and folk from all over came to it. She has a powerful ministry. Look up her books and the various ministries she founded. http://ministriesofpastoralcare.com/