• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Butero said:

I posted Oy Vey on the OP, and it wasn't for spite.  It was because I saw it as so silly.  I could see right through it.  Apparently, people have posted Oy Vey on a lot of your posts, and you didn't like it, so to try to put the fear of God in them, you come up with this nonsense that it is pronouncing a curse upon yourself.  You have pretty much admitted that as you keep arguing in this thread.  

I have had it happen to me.  It just means someone questions what I said or doesn't agree.  I would never have dreamed of starting a thread to make them think saying Oy Vey was dangerous to stop them.  I don't know what others were thinking, but I did the Oy Vey in your OP more for fun than anything.  It certainly wasn't out of spite.  Spite for what?  You didn't do anything to me.  You have very odd ideas, but that wouldn't mean I feel the need to be spiteful towards you.  

Thank you for explaining. I am not sure which is better, to do so with the same repel that was in the hearts of those who killed the prophets, or to chuckle at the matter and leave your mark, or to have missed that the repel has been a pattern throughout all of recorded history, both among Israel who did kill the prophets or among Christendom who also tortured and killed many, or right here for the same reasons.

As for me posting a thread to confront it, it is no small matter, but has been a part of man's character from the beginning, and I am not alone in my message of woe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

What surprises me is that such a ridiculous topic has 5 pages of responses!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Davida said:

I don't think it was spite  Scott, but probably in disagreement to you thesis with a bit mischievous sense of humor. :noidea:  I figured  generally  the oy vey is like a palm slap to the forehead or an "oh brother"

I would tend to agree, except it is my experience that it is more than spiteful by some, chimed in on by some, and not taken serious by others...and this is not the time or place. 

I am fine if someone is convinced they are right to rebuke. Even if they are wrong, there is something honest about that approach. But what has been going on here is just not good Christian behavior.

But for the record, I did not post that worse possible meaning of the phrase as an accusation, but as a call to examine ones own motives. And just look what fruit has fallen out of the tree. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Pro 18:6  A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ScottA said:

Thank you for explaining. I am not sure which is better, to do so with the same repel that was in the hearts of those who killed the prophets, or to chuckle at the matter and leave your mark, or to have missed that the repel has been a pattern throughout all of recorded history, both among Israel who did kill the prophets or among Christendom who also tortured and killed many, or right here for the same reasons.

As for me posting a thread to confront it, it is no small matter, but has been a part of man's character from the beginning, and I am not alone in my message of woe.

I don't see anyone trying to kill you, and what was the warning?  When I first saw that Oy vey reaction, I wasn't sure what it meant, so I took the time to look it up before I ever began using it.  It was never pronouncing a curse on self or anyone else.  I think that most of the time, people use it to disagree with what was written, that or the "don't get it" symbol.  This whole thread was self serving. 

Instead of starting a thread to suggest they don't have that symbol, or perhaps get rid of it and replace it with something else to show disagreement, you try to put fear on those using it.  It is hardly the end of the world that someone doesn't agree with you.  It happens, especially when you are saying things nobody else is.  

I can only speak for myself, but if others get together to stone you, I won't be in their midst.  I have no desire to kill you or anyone else.  I don't see you as a prophet of God, but that doesn't mean I feel like I must silence you because I can't handle your message.  I can handle it just fine.  I just don't agree with it. 

3 hours ago, ScottA said:

I would tend to agree, except it is my experience that it is more than spiteful by some, chimed in on by some, and not taken serious by others...and this is not the time or place. 

I am fine if someone is convinced they are right to rebuke. Even if they are wrong, there is something honest about that approach. But what has been going on here is just not good Christian behavior.

But for the record, I did not post that worse possible meaning of the phrase as an accusation, but as a call to examine ones own motives. And just look what fruit has fallen out of the tree. :(

You need to examine your own motives for starting this thread.  I would have taken it much more serious had you simply said you think it is a bad emotion, it is being misused and they should consider getting rid of it, than to come up with this silly idea it is pronouncing a self curse.  If you got your feelings hurt, I would much rather you had said that than to have come up with something like what you wrote in the OP.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

You need to examine your own motives for starting this thread.  I would have taken it much more serious had you simply said you think it is a bad emotion, it is being misused and they should consider getting rid of it, than to come up with this silly idea it is pronouncing a self curse.  If you got your feelings hurt, I would much rather you had said that than to have come up with something like what you wrote in the OP.  

Agreed, in being so adamant to proclaim what is in other people’s hearts, is revealing. 

3 hours ago, Logan said:

What surprises me is that such a ridiculous topic has 5 pages of responses!

It is the result of hurt feelings and the need to lash out.  If you are going to claim to be a prophet of God, you better be thick skinned because you are going to feel rejection.  I am not altogether in the mainstream, though not nearly as far out as the guy that started this thread, and I know what it is like to be alone or close to it, but starting a thread to show your feelings are hurt only encourages more attacks on what you say in the future.  You come across looking weak, and people will take advantage of that.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, ScottA said:

Yes.

I had a suspsion you did.   Scott.    I don't know what you think you heard.    But I am not attacking , but this is SERIOUS.

You did not .   I aint saying it to be mean.    But I was worried about you very much when I first began to suspect this might be the case .

I aint saying you a demon or anything like that .   I am pleading with you , however , to just repent of that mindset.

This usually grabs the minds of those who see everything as an allegory , they start heading down a road that leads to this .  

See, its not the first time I have encountered men who claim this ,  and here is the thing,  whatthey claimed the seven thunders uttered

had some seriously deadly destructive teachings in it .   

Some of them even made the claim they were this or that .     Scott , this is a dangerous road to be on.

I know I cant persuade you  to exit it,  but IF you bring what you think got revealed ,  I can show you where the error is and if you see it , then you can repent .

I know this may sound way less grave than usual.  and believe me if you knew how much fear I have for you , you are in grave danger scott.   Please

do not see this as an attack.    Just seriously consider what I said.   This is dangerous scott.    I have dealt with others who have made such a claim

And scott , they ALWAYS have serious ERROR.   

5 hours ago, Butero said:

I don't see anyone trying to kill you, and what was the warning?  When I first saw that Oy vey reaction, I wasn't sure what it meant, so I took the time to look it up before I ever began using it.  It was never pronouncing a curse on self or anyone else.  I think that most of the time, people use it to disagree with what was written, that or the "don't get it" symbol.  This whole thread was self serving. 

Instead of starting a thread to suggest they don't have that symbol, or perhaps get rid of it and replace it with something else to show disagreement, you try to put fear on those using it.  It is hardly the end of the world that someone doesn't agree with you.  It happens, especially when you are saying things nobody else is.  

I can only speak for myself, but if others get together to stone you, I won't be in their midst.  I have no desire to kill you or anyone else.  I don't see you as a prophet of God, but that doesn't mean I feel like I must silence you because I can't handle your message.  I can handle it just fine.  I just don't agree with it. 

Killing the prophets in a biblical example of what is in ones heart in accord with Jesus' clarification that even "looking" with the matter in your heart, is to commit the same sin as "doing."

But don't misunderstand, it is not me who has made this personal, and therefore it is not "self-serving." This is in response to what is in the hearts of others, and if it puts a target on my back, and it has, then it is a sacrifice on my part to bring the truth to light. Do you not think that I could have just as well let the problem reside within those of ill will and sidestepped the daggers? I don't need this. If I had done so - that would have been self-serving. But, no, I have done this when I did not have to, for the common good, and even for the sake of those who have regularly been harboring ill will.