• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

38 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This topic has confused me. Please bear with me as I try to understand what is being said. So what you are saying is women can cut their hair. But they can't have short hair. Though I am still not sure what is consider short hair and what is not. 

Paul says it is a shame but not a sin. I don't see sham as being the same as sin. But yet when I tried to say that it was okay for a women to have short hair I was met with comments of "your in rebellion against God and your trying to ignore the word of God" both things that I myself would consider to be a sin. :noidea:

Paul did say that and he said IF its not a shame to a woman then let her be shorn .  shaven , short hair.

the idea was have the head covered with a head covering .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Does YHVH look at the heart,   or at the ethnicity ?  :)   At what is right, or what is superficial ?

With perfect Justice and Righteousness,  or by human standards (or religious standards) ?

Yes, God looks at the heart.

It is humankind that places value on physical beauty.

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

This topic has confused me. Please bear with me as I try to understand what is being said. So what you are saying is women can cut their hair. But they can't have short hair. Though I am still not sure what is consider short hair and what is not. 

Paul says it is a shame but not a sin. I don't see sham as being the same as sin. But yet when I tried to say that it was okay for a women to have short hair I was met with comments of "your in rebellion against God and your trying to ignore the word of God" both things that I myself would consider to be a sin. :noidea:

That is because you are getting diverse answers.  Short hair on a woman is a sign or rebellion, not rebellion itself.  It is bringing shame upon her spiritual head, her husband and the Lord Jesus Christ.  For men, if they have long hair, it is a sign or rebellion, not rebellion itself.  It is bringing shame upon his spiritual head, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I don't want to bring shame upon my head, so I keep my hair short, though it is not a sin that would send me to hell if I didn't.  

If you don't know what long is, let me put it this way.  Based on what you said earlier, what you used to have is long hair.  Now you have shoulder length hair.  It is not short, but it is not long.  It is not men's style short, but it is not long.  

Guest Butero

I was asking Simplejeff if that was what he ment since he stated that women should not show their hair. 

The Bible doesn't say women can't show their hair.  The hair is given as a covering.  People have been getting long hair mixed up with actual head coverings because they didn't examine the text close enough.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Why Christian Women are Taking Up Jewish Practice of Hair ...

Apr 1, 2016 ... Michaelson reflected on the value of modesty, which, for Jewish women, includes hair covering in all its forms. “I really believe that women are very elevated in Torah. When a woman dresses modestly and is completely covered, what's seen is her inner beauty coming out. So you can see her attractiveness ...

The Meaning of Hair Covering - Inner & Outer Beauty - Chabad.org

www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/.../jewish/The-Meaning-of-Hair-Covering.htm - Cached - Similar

Jewish tradition also encourages modesty; not in order to detract from our beauty, but rather to channel our beauty and attractiveness so it be saved for where it belongs — within marriage. By covering her hair, the married woman makes a statement: "I am not available. You can see me but I am not open to the public.

Just for examples, a start for further searching to see what pleases YHVH.

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Yes, God looks at the heart.

It is humankind that places value on physical beauty.

This isn't about physical beauty.  It is about obedience to scripture.  I have seen some women that are beautiful that have shoulder length hair cuts, that do not equate to long hair.  The length of hair is a sign of obedience to one's spiritual head.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this thread just took off like crazy......

Let me interject something from the Greek Medical books of the time when Paul was writing these scriptures.

According to Greek Medical Books that have been translated into modern English and studied, the Greek doctors at the time believed that the length of hair had a direct influence in a woman getting pregnant....    the long hair would cause the sperm to  do a better job of finding an egg and fertilizing it.....    long hair in men hampered this from happening.

And it is all focused on the Angels......   those who faltered and had relations with women according to tradition of the time were tempted by the length of their hair for the Angels were very interested in having sons and daughters.   Having children with humans created a new kind of being and gave them the feeling of being able to create something like God did.   And the long hair was a major temptation for them, thus Paul suggests that in his writings...

I don't have any quick to read web sites to back this up, and the video's are too long to ask a mod to view them so the only alternative would be to suggest books if you are interested in reading them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Wow!   A dozen pages on women's hair length.  Think I can really appreciate being a guy now. Good luck, gals...........

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Isaiah 65:11 - Bible Gateway

What will happen to you for offering food and wine to the gods you call “Good Luck” and “Fate”? ... “But you who abandon me, your God, who forget the holy mountains, Who hold dinners for Lady Luck and throw cocktail parties for Sir Fate, Well, you asked for ... You did the very things I exposed as evil; you chose what I hate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, Butero said:

This isn't about physical beauty.  It is about obedience to scripture.  I have seen some women that are beautiful that have shoulder length hair cuts, that do not equate to long hair.  The length of hair is a sign of obedience to one's spiritual head.  

Hi Butero,

My reply to SJeff wasn't about that particular verse but about the heart . Mankind has a false mindset that if one is appealing to the eye, they must be a good person. Not so - that is where my response to SJeff was coming from.

* personally, I have no problem with the verse but people get fixated on the 'long' part - as I have said before, long hair for some women is not a reality - However, I agree with the verse and am also not opposed to women wearing a head covering in Church or private  if they so wish.