IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Butero said:

No disrespect intended to you, but some in your camp do believe that.  Actually, I am not the one going around condemning others to hell for not believing as I do.  I know of at least one in your camp that has stated he believes that those who don't believe as he does in regard to OSAS are not saved.  

As for your comments, that have had some positive responses, here is what they said they agree with.  Quote:  "I personally believe that Paul's Gospel is adequate to save.  Jesus said so."  Jesus said no such thing.  Paul wasn't even saved until after Jesus was back home in heaven with the Father.  Jesus never taught that "Paul's Gospel" saves anyone.  We are saved through faith in Christ.  I realize there is this silly knee jerk need to agree with those who are fellow believers in OSAS, but people should take a little more time to see what they are agreeing with.  

If Paul said it.......Jesus said it......Paul wrote nothing that The Holy Spirit did not lead him to write.....If The Holy Spirit spoke to Paul in his writings, what is the difference between what Jesus wants to reveal through Paul and what The Holy Spirit wants to reveal through Paul. This is not to set Paul up as the equal to Christ.Paul was a wretched sinner who was nothing without Jesus.He was chosen by God to explain to the world the meaning of what Christ had done ( Jesus did it ALl—-Paul merely was the secretary who wrote it down)Paul also gave instructions to Believers and warnings to non-Believers and gave new promises....If we want to obey Jesus today, our marching orders are to follow Paul as he follows Jesus.Those orders came from Christ Himself and that’s what I try to obey.They both preached “believe”. Like in believe Paul’s Gospel given to him by Jesus in order to be saved. 1Cor15:1-4. —- really just a newer version of John 3:16—- The essence of both are the same.Faith in Christ alone.Plus nothing.

• This is Worthy 1

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If Paul said it.......Jesus said it......Paul wrote nothing that The Holy Spirit did not lead him to write.....If The Holy Spirit spoke to Paul in his writings, what is the difference between what Jesus wants to reveal through Paul and what The Holy Spirit wants to reveal through Paul. This is not to set Paul up as the equal to Christ.Paul was a wretched sinner who was nothing without Jesus.He was chosen by God to explain to the world the meaning of what Christ had done ( Jesus did it ALl—-Paul merely was the secretary who wrote it down)Paul also gave instructions to Believers and warnings to non-Believers and gave new promises....If we want to obey Jesus today, our marching orders are to follow Paul as he follows Jesus.Those orders came from Christ Himself and that’s what I try to obey.They both preached “believe”. Like in believe Paul’s Gospel given to him by Jesus in order to be saved. 1Cor15:1-4. —- really just a newer version of John 3:16—- The essence of both are the same.Faith in Christ alone.Plus nothing.

That is not what you said.  You called it "Paul's gospel," and then said Jesus said "Paul's gospel" was adequate to save.  If that is true, post the scripture and verse where Jesus said that?  If you cannot, what you said is false, and everyone that endorsed it endorsed a lie.  Jesus either said that or he didn't.  It is the gospel of Jesus Christ I hold to, not the gospel of Paul.  The gospel of Paul doesn't save.  He preached Christ and Christ crucified.  Paul didn't die for us.  

Yes, the Bible is the Word of God, and fully trustworthy.  I would never claim otherwise.  I am just saying your comments are false, and I will admit I am wrong about that when you post where Jesus said Paul's gospel is adequate to save.  Did he tell that to the disciples?  Did he preach it in a sermon to the multitudes?  Be my guest and prove me wrong.  

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

There is one way it has changed that I am quite sad about. Years ago, when my brother in law was murdered, I posted a prayer request and felt the forums and chatroom come together in support. Ive had a huge prayer need, a family crisis, for the past 4 months and I have not posted a prayer request on the forums. Why? Because I didnt think folks would pray in support of my need but instead rejoice in my misfortune. Worthy has lost a lot of the sense of community and family that it used to be.

You really think there are people here at Worthy Boards that would rejoice in your misfortune?  I would hope that is not the case, but I am sure you have your reasons for believing that.  I don't rejoice over bad things happening to others, even the people I have strong disagreements with, but I admit, the idea that some would is not out of the realm of possibilities.  

I have no idea what your need is, but I know the Lord does, so I just now took a moment to pray for your unspoken need.  I assure you I only want good things to come your way.  God bless you sister, and I am sorry it has gotten to the place where anyone feels this way.  

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't know what your crisis/need is, AJ, but I'll definitely pray. I also am in a crisis/need place ...one (or several) that I have not publicly posted. 

The same thing I told Ayin Jade, I say to you.  I don't know what your crisis is, but I made it a point to ask the Lord to help you with your unspoken need.  I do not wish any bad to come upon you, but instead, I pray that the Lord will bless you abundantly.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

7 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Then maybe if you feel so strongly about that, you should discontinue making new conspiracy threads in the conspiracy section.

Can you name the threads I've posted in that section?

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Can you name the threads I've posted in that section?

Doesn't a conspiracy section come under the idea of free speech and the free flow of ideas?  I will post there on occasion, but not all that often.  Conspiracies are real, even if the majority of them are crazy.  

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

There is one way it has changed that I am quite sad about. Years ago, when my brother in law was murdered, I posted a prayer request and felt the forums and chatroom come together in support. Ive had a huge prayer need, a family crisis, for the past 4 months and I have not posted a prayer request on the forums. Why? Because I didnt think folks would pray in support of my need but instead rejoice in my misfortune. Worthy has lost a lot of the sense of community and family that it used to be.

Oh, AJ, that's awful that you would feel that way!  There might be some,  although I can't think of anyone, but I believe we all are willing to pray when a member is in need of prayer.  Why do you feel this way?

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

Doesn't a conspiracy section come under the idea of free speech and the free flow of ideas?  I will post there on occasion, but not all that often.  Conspiracies are real, even if the majority of them are crazy.  

That's true but I don't recall posting any threads in that section...at  least not in the last few years. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Oh, AJ, that's awful that you would feel that way!  There might be some,  although I can't think of anyone, but I believe we all are willing to pray when a member is in need of prayer.  Why do you feel this way?

Because of some of the viscious comments Ive received from some members in different threads. Not just minor comments but really horrible things. Most of those end up deleted by the mods. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

That's true but I don't recall posting any threads in that section...at  least not in the last few years. 

I don't know that I have ever seen you do it.  I was just wondering what you thought about the topic in this thread, in that one of the main criticisms is that we have too much free speech, including strange doctrines, and now conspiracy theories.  Given what you said about us being able to criticize the way the place is run openly, do you think we should censor things more than they are, leave them the same, or just enforce the basic TOS and SOF?  

My personal feeling is that if you are a Christian, unless you deny the deity of Christ, you should be able to post your beliefs and everyone can make up their own mind what they think.  Anyone that doesn't believe in the deity of Christ should be in the unbeliever or seeker camp and limited to the outer court.  That is just my personal feelings on the matter, but I don't think banning views that are in direct conflict with the SOF is unreasonable.  I just don't think they need to go that far, but I could support it if that is what they decided to do.  How do you feel?