• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

16 minutes ago, Davida said:

Who are you serving with page after page of hate-filled rhetoric towards churches?

Sorry, but I am not seeing this here.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, Davida said:

"Churches are filled with dead men" "people worshipping themselves rather then God"

By dead men he probably meant Spiritless people who walk according to their own lusts.

And by saying people worshiping themselves rather than God isn't that true as well!?

This all fits in one prophecy:

"Many will say to Me in that day,
    ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
        And then I will declare to them,
            ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:22-23

This is just one more sign of the end times: People resist to submit to God and reject His love in their lives.

"For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth." - 2 Corinthians 13:8

And they shall reap what they are working for.

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work." - Revelation 22:12

• Brilliant! 1

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, p.rehbein said:

I love the Country Church.  The majority of Churches I have attended, the Congregation numbered between 20 and 60.  I got to know some good, loving, God fearing Saints in those Churches, but I also know (like was said earlier) some of them, (a few of them?) were Spiritually dead.

Still, I could never attend a Mega Church.......not knocking those who do, it just isn't for me......

This is one I love to see.  Would love to go there.  :)church.jpg

I don't think mega churches are scriptural. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Who are you serving with page after page of hate-filled rhetoric towards churches?  Its like it's the favorite hobby of some here.

not hate filled nor is it towards churches .     Just towards the false ones that all must avoid.     I am happy some have found good solid churches .

Ricky warren and his Daniel plan and his muslim plan,    He needs to be booted out and stop playing Christian.   and his Daniel plan...........all over my towns churches .

SO yeah.    I don't go to them.   I tried to in the early years, but when the leadership has no desire for truth.   THIS MAN FLEES FAST and never looks back.

but I do get to meet with some people here and their .    SO lets praise the Lord and keep souding the alarms against ricky warren and that agenda that has

evil vile roots , but called love and unity.     

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

I'm speaking of on the forum ...how many threads get filled with negative disdainful rants about how horrible the churches are and the people in them? I believe that is very one-sided , inaccurate and  a sin to be speaking that way. 

These are some of the comments so far. 

"Churches are filled with dead men" "people worshipping themselves rather then God" "Churches have become nothing more than glorified motivational houses ." ...." they go to one church only to find all dung types" ......

I don't think that was the what  Angels4U had in mind when she began this thread. 

Most have .     but not all.      you don't live in my town sister .   I am telling you its bad , real bad.     Be blessed now .    OH let us raise praises to the LORD . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/28/2018 at 8:27 AM, angels4u said:

What has happened over the years?

Before mega churches, light shows, smoke machines and Christian rock where ears were tickled. This is where souls were saved, hymns were sung and preachers, preached the word of God, visited the sick, and ministers knew the people in the congregation personally.

(copied from facebook)

25399111_10155862847215502_4041250580749003577_n.jpg

There've also been demographic shifts and technology shifts that affect small country churches as well.  The automobile and more efficient agriculture were factors in the US.  The local grocery store, gas station, etc. disappeared as jobs and businesses that supported agriculture disappeared in small towns and rural areas.  I grew up on a farm outside a small town (a few hundred people) in Wisconsin and have been watching this happen over decades.  There simply reaches a point where some small towns in economically depressed areas are slowly dying as people move away.  I see many empty buildings, not just churches.

I cannot speak to elsewhere, but in Wisconsin, some of these small churches died because the rural jobs disappeared and people followed the jobs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, but I am not seeing this here.

Sorry, 4 but I see it too, where is your joy in the Lord?

I know you're serious in your walk with the Lord but do you have to put a negative spin on every post you post in every thread you participate in?

Psalm 30:11-12 

You have turned my mourning into dancing for me;
You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

images.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

do you have to put a negative spin on every post you post in every thread you participate in?

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command,
    what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life.
        Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak." - John 12:49-50

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

where is your joy in the Lord?

I believe it is here, if you could see me... :laugh:

Glory to God! Amen.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My personal experience has been that the majority of small Country Church Congregations are and stay that way because they Preach, Teach and live the Gospel of Christ.  I am not saying there aren't any large Churches that do that, and, as I have not attended any, I couldn't say that, but my beloved Country Churches do not tickle ears, and - it seems to me that folks these days want ear tickling far more than the Gospel of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Well feel free to start a thread to discuss Rick Warren & Copeland's mega ministries ---but the people in these types of  little churches didn't attend Rick Warren's church or Kenneth Copeland. Imo, you're not sounding an alarm , you are just ranting a constant condemnation towards others and lumping all Churches in the same category.  I think it springs from the root of bitterness.  

If we read the next verse ,  or continue In it ,  it says LEST any man fornicate as did Essau and sold that birthright .   truly the prosperity preachers are the ones in the gall

of bitterness.   I was trying to splain to you dear sister that I am happy if you have a church.   but my town is loaded with the false ones and thus This man came out from among them .

I searched long and hard for years sister.    Of course I never went into the catholic ones , but come now we know not too .  

You just shoot the hands up and praise the Lord if you have a good church .