• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

Today, facial hair is just a fashion trend or personal preference.

But that negative attitude from "little old ladies" comes from the movement in the 1960's when long hair and beards became a sign of rebellion against the previous generation and against the American military and war.

These young people's parents were from the WWII generation - buzz cuts and no facial hair, strong support of the military, the American way of life which to them included decency, morality, and traditional values.

These young people began their revolution by their appearance which at that time represented the drug culture, the sexual revolution, and the anti-war/anti-American way of life philosophy.

Older people will still see it that way.  But I just see facial hair as whatever style a man chooses to wear.

I have had a beard since the last day of high school.....50 years ago.It was never to be in style or to make a statement.I absolutely HATE shaving! Lol...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

35 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have had a beard since the last day of high school.....50 years ago.It was never to be in style or to make a statement.I absolutely HATE shaving! Lol...

The funny thing about beards ,   I aint got one white hair on my head,  but them baby whites is popping out ever so slowly on the beard.

But amen I say ,    every lil white hair is just a gift from the LORD .

And having just turned the big forty six ,   lets not think me old,   I am a infant compared to MOSES who walked that hill at one hundred and twenty.

So grow that beard and praise the LORD .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The funny thing about beards ,   I aint got one white hair on my head,  but them baby whites is popping out ever so slowly on the beard.

But amen I say ,    every lil white hair is just a gift from the LORD .

And having just turned the big forty six ,   lets not think me old,   I am a infant compared to MOSES who walked that hill at one hundred and twenty.

So grow that beard and praise the LORD .  

46 ?    Oh , to be young again!  Lol

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Perhaps I over-generalized a tad. :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero

That we shouldn't use musical instruments in church, but we must sing acapella.  That is based on the idea of singing and making melody in our hearts, but I don't see how that forbids the use of musical instruments like a piano or organ.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Butero said:

That we shouldn't use musical instruments in church, but we must sing acapella.  That is based on the idea of singing and making melody in our hearts, but I don't see how that forbids the use of musical instruments like a piano or organ.  

It don't my brother .   even the psalms say praise him on the cymbals , praise him with the trumpet   ,  singing and all.    So on that note ,    PRAISE THE LORD PEOPLES .  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

14 hours ago, Butero said:

No disagreement there. I see the use of instruments all over Israel's worship in the OT, and the NT says nothing about the use of instruments ending either.

My only issue about instruments is a personal one. I've lost a portion of my hearing to jet engines and heavy equipment over the years, so I'm not fond of a  "worship band" turned up to 15 on a scale of 10. Its unnecessary, and I'm sure God is anything but hard of hearing. That's when I break out the bright orange "foamie" type earplugs. Instant volume control. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Butero said:

I attended a church that had the rule. I did not go back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I seem to remember a church I attended as a teenager said that using instruments in the service was a sin.  Also, wearing nylons was forbidden because it makes men lust, so the ladies had to wear pants.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/31/2018 at 4:23 PM, walla299 said:

That's when I break out the bright orange "foamie" type earplugs. Instant volume control. :)

I do that as well.  I wonder if churches and Christian concerts should make ear plugs available for free?   (Half-serious thought there...)  I do cringe a bit when I see small kids and babies at Christian concerts at high volume levels that I have ear plugs in for myself.

• Thumbs Up 1