• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I second Butero in saying, yes they do. My husband was raised very strict catholic. One day about 12 yrs ago, we went to visit, and slept in a spare bedroom that used to belong to some of the kids. Apparently, she used that one to do her "prayers" every day. It had a shrine, draped with rosary beads ...and on the dresser was a HUGE frames poster of "Mary" standing on the earth with her arms outstretched ...black and white sheep all around gazing up to her ....and on her head, a crown of thorns, in her hands, nail scars!!! I can't tell you the anger I felt ...not at my mother in law, but at this BLASPHEMY!!!! It did open up a door to witness to one of my sisters in law who was there, after I found a tract in the living room with the same picture on its cover. (My mother in law hands them out and spreads this junk.) I picked up one of these tracts and showed my SIL and asked, "What is this?" She said, "That's Mary." I said..."Let me show you something..." I took her to the room and showed her the larger picture and she was shocked. But then I took her into the Word of God and showed her what the Bible says about the true Gospel (no other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved) and those who come with another "gospel." 

My SIL said this was something new that she hadn't heard before in the catholic church ...or else, she hadn't heard it before that time.

My mother in law gave is a copy of the 3rd revelation of fatima (or whatever it was called) way back in about 1998 or so. Not sure the exact year. They were supposedly to be released at specific times. Crazy stuff!! 

That literally sounds like cult stuff. Was she in some kinda whacked out offshoot of Catholicism?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, angels4u said:

Most likely JW ?

No, this is from a local group that's very 'charismatic'.  Their meetings involve lots of cheer leading and bragging about how many people each member has 'saved' each week.  They also brag repeatedly how serious illnesses didn't need doctors and were cured by Jesus.  I attended one meeting and that was enough.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Ok then I would like to see how this person feels about using TV/movies/plays to spread the gospel to people in other countries who are illiterate and in a few cases dont even have an alphabet (and so dont even have a bible)

Who knows? It was one of the strangest things I have ever hear someone say. Nothing I said could say make him change his mind on what he believed. So I just gave up and left it alone. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

8 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Yes, exsctly. People want to be "special" so satan deceives people with these ideas ...like that they are Jesus, or as this woman, she will conceive a "God-man" in a supernatural visitation.   YIKES!!  It is sad how many people she has brought along with her in this deception. Thing is, she already had a huge following which she gathered through subtle flattery and flowery "prophecies" ... but they didn't know that behind the scenes she believed this mess. And why she singled me out is a mystery because I do not desire a spotlight, nor even believe that mess (that the 2 witnesses will be conceived in the same manner as Jesus). That is completely against Scripture, which gives us clear descriptions of them.

You had me a little curious as to who this was in the first post, and now I want to know for real. If you don't think it's appropriate to post it publicly, send me a conversation about it. It now has me wondering.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

8 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I hope you are kidding here. 

dead serious. i heard that during a witnessing session

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, bryan said:

Here's another one my wife encountered today:  "If you get blood transfusions, you inherit the sins of the people that blood came from."

My daughter heard this jewel.......Jesus did not write th Bible and since everybody lies the Bible is nothing but lies....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My daughter heard this jewel.......Jesus did not write the Bible and since everybody lies the Bible is nothing but lies....

This reminds me of something I read at another Forum one time. This guy was adamant about claiming there was no Devil, so he angrily proclaimed to another poster, "There is no Satan! Read your Bible!

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My daughter heard this jewel.......Jesus did not write th Bible and since everybody lies the Bible is nothing but lies....

Did she ask for any proof?

On 3/30/2018 at 9:34 PM, Debp said:

This isn't a Christian strange belief, but rather a Mormon strange belief.   Someone who ministered to Mormons told me that devout Mormons will wear special underwear with certain symbols on the underwear.  I think they are supposed to wear it all of the time.

Has anyone heard of this before?   I know they have other strange secret practices which go on in their temples.

Yes, in order for mormons to live with God the father when they die, they MUST wear their magic mormon undies night AND day and learn the secret handshakes and passwords "the sure sign of the nail, for example" among other things.

So much for grace.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, LadyKay said:

I've been thinking how to word this topic without starting an argument. I think it would be interesting if you could post some beliefs that you have heard other Christians have that are not really Biblically based.  Like for example: 

I once got into an argument with a guy who believed that plays and movies should not be used to spread the word of God, because the Bible gives no instructions to use plays or movies as away to spread the word of God. There for it should not be done.   

I hope we can avoid arguing with each other and just post the believe. If you would like to debate the believe then make a new thread for that. Thank you and have some fun people! Learn to laugh! :happyhappy::cool2::24:

The Bible also does not say don't use computers...