IGNORED

If a Christian commits suicide, he/she goes to the Heaven?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/31/2018 at 6:27 PM, Diva Couto said:

Hi!! Yesterday while I was meditating about the Gospel in Mathew 26-26 I just thought to myself: Jesus called Judas by Friend, after he betrayed Him. This means that Jesus forgot the sin from Judas. However, he killed himself because he couldn't accept the guilty. This made me think about those christian people who commit suicide... Do they receive the forgiveness of the Father? 

No. You have only this life to be forgiven of your sins. You cannot be forgiven after you are dead. Judas was never a believer anyway

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sampson committed suicide, yet is considered “ a hero of faith”. It appears God took his faith and counted it as righteousness.Thats the same thing He did for me.....and YOU if you have faith.Plus nothing.

Samson didnt commit suicide. His act was more along the lines of a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save his friends.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sampson committed suicide, yet is considered “ a hero of faith”. It appears God took his faith and counted it as righteousness.Thats the same thing He did for me.....and YOU if you have faith.Plus nothing.

Thank you for your insight. 

Samson he could not depent on the strength of his unsaven or the strength if his hair, so to speak. 

Samson was a week person without any hope to ever regain his strength.  

So on that day been the captive of the enemy and in their temple in frond of all their Gods, like their Gods had anything at all to do with the way Samson became their captive, because it would have been better for them and they would have been alive, but this beside the point. 

For this reason Samson was born, to be a kind of a what was yet to come when the Christ will come and what will happen to him.  

This is not the same as when Samson went in the enemy city, and no one could do anyhurm to him, even thought they new he was there and were waching him leave and how he took hold of the gates destroying the support and carry them off to the top of the hill. 

This is when Samson after praying asked the Lord to give him what he was asking on the strength of him believing, by faith he call on the name of the Lord. 

So we see hiw the Lord responded to Samson's prayer, as a result Samson died among his enemies and gave death to many. 

We see Jesus who asked to die among his enemies to give life to many. 

To go to the enemy city and posses the gates or remove or open up the gates and set the captives free.

I have the keys of Hades and Death, I open and no one can close, and I close and no one can open. 

Jesus died so he can turn the other chick, and include those who were exluded in the old testiment. 

The Heavenly doors are open for those who believe in him, and because of life's adversitys they were in dire despair. 

What are we going to blame Jesus for "not helping them, and ignoring their pleas, someone may think so. 

What is going to separate us from the LOVE OF CHRIST.

sorry if you think otherwise, see that you stay away from the family who lost a loved one to suicide, don't make them denied and weaken their faith, increasing their pain by saying that their loved one who believed in Jesus and even love him .

Think about that, we don't leave in the old. 

Jesus cannot denied himself and the reason he died for, to give life to those who believe in him and not death. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Samson didnt commit suicide. His act was more along the lines of a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save his friends.

I don’t know......seems like a suicide that has positive repercussions would still be suicide...He had plenty of selfish reasons to want to leave this Earth......a chained prisoner,probably for the rest of his life, eyes gouged out.....he was in terrible pain, like all suicide victims.....possibly not quite as altruistic as the grenade guy from the example

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I don’t know......seems like a suicide that has positive repercussions would still be suicide...He had plenty of selfish reasons to want to leave this Earth......a chained prisoner,probably for the rest of his life, eyes gouged out.....he was in terrible pain, like all suicide victims.....possibly not quite as altruistic as the grenade guy from the example

You are talking about taking out a whole building full of Philistines, enemies of Israel, the only way he knew how, being blinded. He largely brought this on himself as he led a somewhat impulsive existence that the Lord allowed only to show the folly of men who think they know better than God. This might not have happened if he didnt marry an infidel wife. But God allowed vengeance upon the enemies of Israel by granting Samson the strength he needed to do the job. I just dont see, when you read the chapter, Samson simply despairing of life the way suicide victims usually do. He wanted vengeance for the loss of his eyes. To die this way is not what God would have wanted for him but....welll I am not that good at writing, let me just post an interesting commentary about it that probably explains it better

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/judges-16/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1985

Why would you want to take life away when Jesus died on the cross to give life to you?

What I’m saying is that suicide is playing with fire and it’s definitely something noone should attempt to pick as a choice. Jesus has given us life because he gave up his life for us. Plus, life is a gift, a privilege that God has given us, we don’t “own” life, and for a person to take that away (via suicide) is pretty much stealing from God. 

Blessings. 

Guest Butero
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

In the case of Sampson, his "suicide," as you call it, was really dying in battle.  His desire was not that he die, but that he destroy the enemy of Israel.  It just happened that in order to do that, given his circumstances, it would mean his death.  That is no different than the man who falls on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers.  That is not an act of suicide.  

Guest Butero

The bottom line is, nobody knows for absolute certainty if those that claims to be a Christian and commits suicide goes to heaven.  The church is divided over this question.  Those who hold to eternal security will either say they will go to heaven because they can't be unsaved, or they will claim the person wasn't really saved or they would not have committed suicide.  Those who don't believe in eternal security will say the person couldn't repent of that final willful sin, so they went to hell.  It is not worth taking the risk.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/1/2018 at 7:27 AM, Diva Couto said:

Hi!! Yesterday while I was meditating about the Gospel in Mathew 26-26 I just thought to myself: Jesus called Judas by Friend, after he betrayed Him. This means that Jesus forgot the sin from Judas. However, he killed himself because he couldn't accept the guilty. This made me think about those christian people who commit suicide... Do they receive the forgiveness of the Father? 

Suicide is sin, it is self murder.. So a Christian should do their utmost to resist the temptation to commit suicide..

Having said that i know of only one sin that Jesus proclaimed would never be forgiven and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..

Suicide is not Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit so therefore suicide is a forgivable sin i believe..

As for Judas he has not received the Holy Spirit.. Jesus said about Judas

John 17: KJV

11 "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. {12} While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is a very interesting topic.  I lost a sister when I was younger to suicide.

• Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1